Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 1:48 am

The motherboard of a computer(at least intel/AMD based ones) are standardized to fit certain screw holes in a computer case. Most commonly, you will find ATX and mini-ATX, but form factors such as BTX exist as well.

If thats old news to you, then my question is for you.

What form factor do you prefer and why?

sparkman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Feb 2008, 8:10 am

I have two systems, the main one for gaming is ATX and the other one is Micro ATX. I like both types very much and i cant decide which i like more. I like trying different cases and making them as compact as possible by hiding wires and making them look nice. I dont know much about BTX, i have not tried a BTX case yet. All the best motherboards for gaming and over clocking seem to be ATX, so thats what I go for. BTX does not seem to have caught on as much as some people were saying when it came out. The Micro ATX case I got is really nice although the hard drive cage is on the opposite side to the SATA connectors. My ATX case is modified a bit to hold four hard drives instead of three and still have enough space for a 8800ultra because I turned the hard drives to the side. This hides the wires also.

The main reason I build systems is because it is enjoyable to find out what can be done with the space inside a computer case. Keeping things cool and tidy is a challange.

I found a picture of a nice looking BTX system doing a image search, I dont usually like DELL but this looks good. There is something about BTX I just dont like though.

http://static.hardwareluxx.de:443/hardw ... _700_2.jpg