Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 10:21 pm

Eleni

Drakeman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2008, 8:20 pm

A Clockwork Orange.

Within the first 30 minutes, an old man is beaten randomly, another old man is crippled and his young wife is raped in front of him, and later on the main character (a young guy) who's now in jail reads the bible and fantasizes about whipping Jesus. Imagine all of this, within a futuristic 1970's world with sexual undertones.

The kicker? The movie is ranked in the Top 50 movies of all time, and it is a very good movie. The first 30 minutes are shocking for the first time viewer, however... not so much as gore, but just what they are depicting.

As far as pure gore, I'm going with Cannibal Holocaust. Just look it up, and you'll see what I mean.

ford_prefects_kid
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 12:18 am

ghostgurl wrote:
I get freaked out by movies involving eyes popping out or eyes being stabbed. I can't watch those.

Ditto on the aversion to eye violence- nothing should come into contact those things, not even contacts.

Other than that, the only movie that really makes me panic during some scenes is Mommie Dearest.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Feb 2008, 3:13 pm

The newest version of House on Haunted Hill.

kattoo13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2008, 4:16 pm

Salem's Lot, based on the book by Stephen King. Vampire movies scare the bajesus out of me. The book is excellent, too.

Drakeman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2008, 4:52 pm

ford_prefects_kid wrote:
ghostgurl wrote:
I get freaked out by movies involving eyes popping out or eyes being stabbed. I can't watch those.

Ditto on the aversion to eye violence- nothing should come into contact those things, not even contacts.

Other than that, the only movie that really makes me panic during some scenes is Mommie Dearest.

Word of advice then... don't EVER see the movie Zombie. Let's just say it has the most painful eye-gouging seen ever. I'm pretty resistant to gory stuff, but even that one had me squirming the first time around.

loudmouth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2008, 7:38 pm

Idoicracy. Is it a horror film by any sense? No but in all honesty after going to high school snd seeing 75% of the student body I can easily see that as the future of humanity, unless intelligent couples start reproducing ASAP. And no this is not a joke.

Adamwankenobi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2008, 12:50 pm

Requiem for a Dream. By the time that film is over you just want to go in your room and cry.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2008, 12:19 am

Moulin Rouge, but not because I find it scary.

Rather, I find it incredibly headache inducing. Just 10 minutes in I felt physically ill because of how the editing was.

It's a shame because I think there was a great movie in there somewhere--the visuals were amazing, despite the dizzying camerawork and editing.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2008, 12:24 am

Kattoo13 wrote:
Salem's Lot, based on the book by Stephen King. Vampire movies scare the bajesus out of me. The book is excellent, too.

Which movie; The Tobe Hooper one or the recent remake?

Musicdragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2008, 12:44 am

In WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT, there was a moment with someone's eyes and voice (no spoilers intended).

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 12:49 am

After seeing Stephen King's "IT" when I was about 6 or 7 I avoided rain gutters for over a year.
but most recently the last horror movie to actually freak me out was the first "Ring" movie(english not japanese version, that one was just way out there for me).

ingenue
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Mar 2008, 6:52 am

Dark Water, the japanese version. Few years ago I watched it at midnight alone. Something I regret so much, because after that I couldn't sleep for a week 8O

Until today I don't even dare to touch the VCD.

FYI, I'm not easily got scared by horror movies. I've ever watched Thirteen Ghost also by midnight alone, and not scared at all. Well, most hollywood horror is not scary at all.

Dark Water is the reason I avoid Asian horror, unless I watched it with A LOT of people at noon :D

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 3:08 am

Yeah, I know what you mean about the Japanese version of Dark Water... It was the lift that kept freaking me out.

Funny, 'cos they missed all of that in the US version.

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 12:43 am

gbollard wrote:
Yeah, I know what you mean about the Japanese version of Dark Water... It was the lift that kept freaking me out.

Funny, 'cos they missed all of that in the US version.

Have you seen the Original version (Eastern Eye Productions) of "The Eye"? That has the most terrifying elevator sequence in all of Asian Horror, I think.

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 1:02 am

The Eye
Ring 0, and Ring
The Blob
Saw, 1 & 2
Original Exorcist
Exorcist the Beginning
and more...

... and the most terrifying movies I ever watched are:

The Descent (runner-up), and...

*** John Carpenter's "The Thing" (absolutely number one!) ***

Featuring Kurt Russell, Tom Waites, and Keith Davids among others...

Afterwards I felt a little paranoid around familiar people, for a few days, watching them for unusual behaviour (is it them, or an imitation?).