Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Hyzera
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2008, 10:18 pm

I really like this girl, but I don't know if she's interested or not. My anxiety sets in whenever I'm with her, and I seem to start getting stiff, tense and self-conscious.

I would do anything and everything for her, it's just that I'm too shy and scared to actually go about doing it.

I know almost all females are attracted to the confident male, since it's embedded into our subconscious and genes through the course of evolution that the strong confident male would protect the female and the family. I have very little self-confidence (Unless, I'm joking around. Jokes seem to come natural to me.) and I've tried very hard to do so. I could actually look her into her eyes now, but whenever I do it, she asks if I'm looking at her forehead or something...I guess my gazes are too blank?

Everytime I see her and some other guy talking, I get all depressed. It's not that I'm jealous, I just look at him, then look at me and I start bashing myself and dwelling in self pity.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 11:02 pm

Ask her out :wink:

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 11:19 pm

I'm terrible at understanding guys, but if you could tell us how she tends to act around you and maybe how you know her, I may be able to offer some helpful insight, from a girl's point of view.

What is she like?

roguetech
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2008, 12:33 am

Stop looking at her forehead! Lol. Seriously, look at the bridge of her nose, but don't stare. I don't know the exact formula (damn, I must have AS to talk like that!), but look between her eyes/at her nose for a second, scan her face, then look away. Repeat, but mix it up. Do a google on eye contact.

Hyzera
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Feb 2008, 4:08 pm

Kalister1 wrote:

I just can't work up the courage to do it!

Quote:
I'm terrible at understanding guys, but if you could tell us how she tends to act around you and maybe how you know her, I may be able to offer some helpful insight, from a girl's point of view.

What is she like?

Well, since I'm horrible at reading body language, I don't really know how to explain how she acts around me. I've known her for about 6 months now. She's very nice, and one of the most sweetest girls I've ever met. She has never had a boyfriend and neither have I.

roguetech
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2008, 7:49 pm

Well, you gotta do something, man! How about trying the subtle approach (hopefully she isn't AS too :P). Say you were thinking about going to see a movie (go out to dinner, buy a vacuum cleaner) and ask if she's seen a movie (restaurant, good brand) that she could suggest for you. Then offer an alternative (if you're quick-witted enough, think of one in the same genre, (class of restaurant, horse-power), but have two options in mind). Ask immediately afterwards what she's going to be doing that evening. But the direct approach is best. Just wind yourself up, march up to her and ask her out. Only problem with it is the tendancy to blurt in all out. "Uwannagootwitme?" :P

alex
Developer
Developer

15 Feb 2008, 7:51 pm

Hyzera wrote:
Kalister1 wrote:

I just can't work up the courage to do it!

Quote:

What is she like?

Well, since I'm horrible at reading body language, I don't really know how to explain how she acts around me. I've known her for about 6 months now. She's very nice, and one of the most sweetest girls I've ever met. She has never had a boyfriend and neither have I.

whether or not she likes you is irrelevant.

Just ask her out to coffee and be happy if she says no because that means you don't have to wonder if she likes you or not.

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

15 Feb 2008, 9:24 pm

Don't ask unless she shows very strong signs of liking you back, and plays and flirts around with you. Otherwise don't risk it, you can always think maybe she'll say yes, when I ask (6 months from now), it makes me feel better. but no I asked a girl out, (similar to your situation), she said no, and then I got the pleasure of hearing how hot she thinks other guys are, and that she basically lied to me. Don't risk it man.

roguetech
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2008, 9:42 pm

weather1man, let her go. Accept that she was an NT, and a lousy one, so not all her fault. But, if she said no, why are you listening about other guys? That's a benefit of saying yes... You should have reminded her what no means.

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

16 Feb 2008, 1:11 am

roguetech wrote:
weather1man, let her go. Accept that she was an NT, and a lousy one, so not all her fault. But, if she said no, why are you listening about other guys? That's a benefit of saying yes... You should have reminded her what no means.
nah she's a good person, she just didn't like me and I got jealous, but the message is still true. don't try.

roguetech
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2008, 2:22 am

Well, good or not, even NT's can figure out there are consequences. If you're willing to be a friend to woman who won't go out with you, then what motivation do they have to go out with you? On the other hand, that does kind of support your original statement. If you're not willing to stop being a friend, and not sure they're interested or that you're compatible, then don't ask. I hate being wrong :P But strong hints still work, to feel her out.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 7:18 am

-Post your picture
-Post her picture if you took her permission (but I know this won't happen) or at least describe how pretty she is compared to other girls (in your class?) in your social group.
-Tell us about the other guys they who to her. Are they popular? are they more handsome than you?Are they taller than you?
-Tell us about your social status (how much popular you are? how much confident you are? how many friends you have?)
-Tell us about HER social status
-Tell us about your career position but if you still in school tell us about your achievements there (sport achievements,music ...etc).

Answer all these requests/questions and I'll be able to predict her answer with 90% accuracy.

Hyzera
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Feb 2008, 9:04 am

-Post your picture
I don't like taking pictures of myself, let alone look at myself :(

-Post her picture if you took her permission (but I know this won't happen) or at least describe how pretty she is compared to other girls (in your class?) in your social group.
Well, me describing her compared to other people would be pretty biased since it's from my point of view. But, in my opinion, she should be one of the top.

-Tell us about the other guys they who to her. Are they popular? are they more handsome than you?Are they taller than you?
I'm usually the tallest. I don't know the other people's popularity level. Most of them are better looking than me, but then again this is my opinion.

-Tell us about your social status (how much popular you are? how much confident you are? how many friends you have?)
I have a small group of friends, and she's in it. In my classes, I'm known as the funny one always the one with the sense of humor. I'm not confident.

-Tell us about HER social status
She knows quite a lot of people. She's like a social butterfly.

-Tell us about your career position but if you still in school tell us about your achievements there (sport achievements, music ...etc).
I don't like/play sports (go figure). I play the trumpet. I work with the computer techs at my school. I think that's about it.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 9:23 am

she will probably say yes . Can't be very accurate because you didn't describe how you look like (but you said that you are the tallest , and this is a very good physical plus , girls always prefer tall guys) and how she looks like but if you are not terribly ugly and if she's not taken then she would say yes.
Good luck anyways.

Hyzera
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Feb 2008, 2:20 pm

I'm tall but also a bit skinny because of it. I eat a lot but I don't get fatter, lol!

Right now, I'm scared. If she says yes, I would be in a relationship. I don't like change, and entering a relationship would be a huge change for me.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 2:33 pm

^^ This is normal.