Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 10:47 pm

Mercer, Emory, Washingtion University of St. Louis, and Coluuuuuuuuuumbiaaaaa 8O.

What am I supposed to do with them?

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 11:03 pm

MissPickwickian wrote:
Mercer, Emory, Washingtion University of St. Louis, and Coluuuuuuuuuumbiaaaaa 8O.

Well what ever one fits you best is my opinion though Mason is better but not better than Columbia but cheaper than it.

Question though are you almost done with high school because my little brother has got some things for college as well.

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 11:07 pm

JerryHatake wrote:
MissPickwickian wrote:

Well what ever one fits you best is my opinion though Mason is better but not better than Columbia but cheaper than it.

Question though are you almost done with high school because my little brother has got some things for college as well.

I'm just a sophmore. That's what makes this weird.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 11:11 pm

MissPickwickian wrote:
JerryHatake wrote:
MissPickwickian wrote:

I'm just a sophmore. That's what makes this weird.

Well its isn't because my little brother (sophmore as well) has been getting stuff like that already from private colleges in VA.

Never happened to me but can't recalled.

Thats why I state chose where you feel best at.

For me it was between Mason, Madison and Mary Washington.

Mason accepted me while the other didn't but Mason was close to home which fine by me.

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 6:18 pm

I got some my sophomore year too. No where near as much as I'm getting this year though. Sheesh!
My mailbox is overflowing with letters from places that I've never heard of and then stuff from crazy places like Harvard, Yale and NYU. And my e-mail inbox? Aiyah... It's so overwelming... I don't even know what i want to major in yet, let alone what I want to do with my life. Gah...
About the letters though...
I keep the ones from colleges that I could possibly fathom going to in a big box in my room. Not much organization besides that.

On a less stressful note, since you are getting all of these letters so early, I assume you get pretty good grades. Good job, and keep up the good work! ^_^

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 12:34 am

Have you got one to Trinity? That looks cool.

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 6:52 pm

matrix wrote:

Trinity as in the one in Texas? I don't know if there is another one, but I'm just making sure.
My cousin went there, and he's a really smart guy. Plus it has a lovely campus.
Just be prepared for hot, humid Texas weather.
Yuck. :p

I'll probably apply to Trinity myself, just because I've heard nothing but good stuff about it and have seen the campus already.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 9:53 pm

Jaejoongfangirl wrote:
matrix wrote:

Trinity as in the one in Texas? I don't know if there is another one, but I'm just making sure.
My cousin went there, and he's a really smart guy. Plus it has a lovely campus.
Just be prepared for hot, humid Texas weather.
Yuck. :p

I'll probably apply to Trinity myself, just because I've heard nothing but good stuff about it and have seen the campus already.

Sorry the Conneticut One, but that sounds cool, to :idea: :idea: :idea:

ayra
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: My invented world, ie Kalia (kuh-lee-uh) or just stuck in Texas rollercoaster weather

24 Feb 2008, 3:41 pm

Why do colleges start recruiting you when your in your 2nd year of college, anyway?
And why is it that they are always out of your home state?
Anyway, I'm a juinor and I really don't bother with all the letters b/c I don't even know what I want to do/be.
And to me, Texas isn't hot and humid. In the winter, that is. :wink:

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 8:42 pm

ayra wrote:
Why do colleges start recruiting you when your in your 2nd year of college, anyway?
Anyway, I'm a juinor and I really don't bother with all the letters b/c I don't even know what I want to do/be.

Probably b/c you don't know what you want to be. That is a large number of students who are more receptive to those letters.

ayra
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: My invented world, ie Kalia (kuh-lee-uh) or just stuck in Texas rollercoaster weather

26 Feb 2008, 2:19 pm

matrix wrote:
ayra wrote:

Probably b/c you don't know what you want to be. That is a large number of students who are more receptive to those letters.

True, but my little bro doesn't care and he knows what he wants to be... He's a yr younger. I do have an idea, but the colleges don't emphesize what I think I want to be... At least the ones that send me letters...

Natalieeeeee
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Feb 2008, 9:33 pm

Same has happened to me lately. I'm onlya sophomore and I've been pummeled with envelopes from colleges. One day I got seven of them. SEVEN!! That's insanity, especially when I'm only 16 and I already know one school that I want to go to.

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 11:33 pm

Natalieeeeee wrote:
Same has happened to me lately. I'm onlya sophomore and I've been pummeled with envelopes from colleges. One day I got seven of them. SEVEN!! That's insanity, especially when I'm only 16 and I already know one school that I want to go to.

I'm in your exact same situation... except I have no idea where I want to go.
I get at least half a dozen notes a day and I don't even know which ones to keep...

Uggg... How overwhelming is that? D:

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 12:18 am

Jaejoongfangirl wrote:
Natalieeeeee wrote:

I get at least half a dozen notes a day and I don't even know which ones to keep...

I got an application packet to an all-dudes school, but they seemed snooty and likely couldn't handle a fifth of my weirdness.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 12:25 am

man, i can barely even count the number of college letters i've recieved so far... i'm having trouble narrowing them down...

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 4:50 pm

matrix wrote:
Jaejoongfangirl wrote:
Natalieeeeee wrote:

I got an application packet to an all-dudes school, but they seemed snooty and likely couldn't handle a fifth of my weirdness.
lol.
I've been getting letters from this all-girls-school and it also seems way too pretentious to be even remotely appealing to me.
All the envelopes and paper are colored this utterly obscene pink color that is just completely repulsive. You can just feel the estrogen radiating off the paper. And all, I repeat, all the paper is that color. They also keep addressing me as "Miss (my name here)" and rant about how very study oriented all their students are since there are no guys on campus to distract them. :roll: It also sounds like a creepy cult because they keep mentioning this campus wide "sisterhood". O_o

At least I know that I can cross that one off my list of possible colleges. Scary.