Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 11:28 pm

larsenjw92286 wrote:
Those of you who are in America should keep one thing in mind.

Drew Carey is on "The Price is Right" this year, and that should make you very happy!

The Price is Right is on during the day, so I rarely catch that show anyways. Though I must say I am a tad curious to see Drew Carey as the host... I liked Who's Line...

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 12:11 am

Drew Carey is excellent!

You can watch the Million Dollar Spectacular on Friday night in prime time if you'd like to take that opportunity!

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2008, 6:01 am

I cut back my Tv to just Simpsons and Star Trek.

Then one night while waiting for Simpsons to come on I got pissed and yanked out the antenna.

I saw some hypocritical garbage and yes it was tied into a reality show.

I think that was 2001 or 2002.

I get dvds from the library. I'd like to watch all of 3rd Rock from the SUn. Ultimate show on what its like to be aspie.

I'd like to watch the old and new Dr Who but I'm not getting cable.

I dont watch the dvd player much I dont even play Videogames much. I 'm into this internet thing now but its wearing thin.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 8:13 am

I do watch a lot less TV now that not much interesting is on any more.

Now I would go more for DVDs. And occasionally Telly, but not often.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 12:17 am

viska wrote:
I'm "off" tv, but I'm "on" the internet, which wastes my time just as well.

:(

Yeah, same here. I can't really sit and watch TV for more than an hour or so without doing something else at the same time. But I can (and do) spend hours online.

The only shows currently in production that interest me are some of the game shows (but not any of the primetime ones aside from Price is Right specials), along with South Park and to a lesser extent The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Other than that, I'll catch the occasional classic sitcom, cartoon, or game show. But I really spend very little time watching TV.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 3:40 am

gwenevyn wrote:
When I was living alone, I tossed the TV in the linen closet for several months. I didn't miss it at all.

Of course, I pretty much only ever watched television as a social activity anyhow so it wasn't any great exercise of will. I forget it exists when nobody else is around to want to turn it on. Putting my computer in the closet would be a much bigger feat. I think it's really admirable that you're giving up something that you liked in order to manage your time better. Do you find that this is easier than watching in moderation? I feel that way about many things.

viska wrote:
I'm "off" tv, but I'm "on" the internet, which wastes my time just as well.

:(

Same here for me.

I haven't had regular (or cable/sattelite) t.v. since 1989, and that was cable for a several months.
I don't even own a t.v. anymore.

I do spend too much non-constructive time on the internet though.
No so much that I can't lead a decent life... but it does impact certain other things for me a little. :P

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

26 Feb 2008, 2:56 pm

I don't watch a lot of TV...but I surely don't have time [or money] as I spend a long time on the internet.

Kid_A
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2008, 11:21 pm

the only thing i need TV for is The Wire, and since next weekend is the final final episode, i could never watch television for the rest of my life and nothing would be missing.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 1:17 am

Pugly wrote:
larsenjw92286 wrote:
Those of you who are in America should keep one thing in mind.

Drew Carey is on "The Price is Right" this year, and that should make you very happy!

The Price is Right is on during the day, so I rarely catch that show anyways. Though I must say I am a tad curious to see Drew Carey as the host... I liked Who's Line...

But the Price is Right is a boring show. Not even any trivia!

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 1:26 am

I have no idea who Dave Jamieson is, but if you search for Drew Carey on the American "Price is Right," you'll be taking that back forever, trust me!

You can search Youtube!

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 1:22 pm

i have a little bit, only watch it often

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

06 Mar 2008, 12:50 am

zee wrote:
Me too, it's been several years. I watch DVDs and Youtube tho. But all the shows I like either got cancelled or have got lame, so I don't miss it. Except Jeopardy! I still want to be a contestant one day. :wink:

Can you imagine a "Savant Jeopardy"??? HA! Do you remember Win Ben Stein's Money? I was obsessed with that in college, probably because the teams I put together always won cash at my college's Quiz Bowl.

But yes...much television is all too stupid. When my roommates have it on, I sit down to be social. I haven't had cable since college/living with my parents, and for good reason. I'll switch it on, and then just get sucked into something on Discovery or History channels, or Animal Planet.

I do like Seinfeld though...a lot.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 12:58 am

Drew Carey has got to be the luckiest man in the world, hasn't he?

Betzalel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Mar 2008, 11:44 am

I have cable, but only for internet and phone I refuse to pay for television service so that filtered out.

I only have a TV set for my Radio Shack Color Computer 2(and a new expanded 512k Coco 3 I recently purchased) and possibly a VCR that I wlll be getting soon to watch
VHS tapes on.

TV got too inane and stupid for me to justify watching that nonsense. I now just download or rent what I want to watch. and that works out a lot better. I do a lot more reading now too which is much better than anything I'm likely to see on TV.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 12:29 pm

Are you talking about reality TV?

Betzalel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Mar 2008, 12:36 pm

larsenjw92286 wrote:
Are you talking about reality TV?

I'm talking about all TV really but just about everything is "reality" these days anyway. I'm also talking about the stupid commercials trying ot get everyone ot beleive they need to get on dangerious drugs in order to be happy and every other annoyance.

Why should i sit and let commercials suck teh life right out of me when I can go and buy or rent or whatever the show I want and have no commercials? Really I don't like the company of average people that don't think and turning on a tv set is like having them right there in my living room no thanks.