Page 9 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

LoveableNerd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2008, 2:31 pm

I try to remain open minded about it. The description fits me to a tee, but then it would fit most strong-willed children that have a hard time fitting in. Still, I very much like the idea that my purpose for being here is to change the world.

8th Cmdmt: Thou Shalt Not Steal.

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2008, 3:28 am

You know what's interesting? In the Indigo Children books that were written years ago, they predicted a massive rise in Autism/ADD etc as more of these Indigoes and Crystals arrived. And...well there has been a massive rise in them.

jcdavies121
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 May 2012, 1:15 am

My 4 year old son has just been diagnosed with Autism.
I had never heard of Indigo Children, until I was having coffee with a spiritual friend, who believes my son is an Indigo Child. The reason being, there have been un explained things happen since his birth.
As a baby, he was a very quite child, who did not giggle or babble as much as other children his age would. I put this down to a developmental issue. However, in our old house, he used to look to a particular corner of the room and giggle randomly. It was as though something was going on in the corner, that we could not see. On one occasion, we had told my very sceptical dad about his behaviour, to which he picked my son up to take him to the corner of the room, to see if he would get the same reaction, which he did. My 11 year old daughter took a picture of my dad holding my son and when looking at the picture later, it was smothered in orbs. I had never seen anything like it, it was as though they subject had had snow thrown into the picture. Subsequent pictures in the room, away from the corner had nothing on them.
Soon after our son was born, we used to get red crayon scribbles on our tiled floor. We tested our hoover, sweeping brush and mop, to see if these could be the cause of the scribbles, but it was not the case. Although I doubted it would be down to them, as these were scribbles, not long stroke marks and it was definitely crayon, rather than a scuff mark. We also did not have any crayons in the house, as my daughters were older and no longer used them. The squiggles would appear out of the blue and sometimes when I was in alone with my son.
A year before my sons birth, I lost a baby in a miscarriage and I had always wondered if perhaps the baby had come back to play. I know this may sound ridiculous and it may seem like I am hoping this was the case, but it does beg the question.
Recently we were filming my son, playing and dancing in the living room. There were several people around, all enjoying my son dancing and we were cheering him on as he enjoyed the attention. Whilst filming him, there was a light dancing around the room. This light then scooped in towards the camera. I have loaded this onto YouTube, to see if someone can provide an explanation, as we have tried all theories and nothing works. This is one of 4 videos taken, all of which have this darting light. The video can be viewed on YouTube under the heading: Child dancing, with what appears to be a white light or orb dancing around him.
It does make me wonder, does my son have abilities and unexplained energy around him, that we do not see. Could this be causing his Autism? He does sleep walk and loves to sleep in the living room, does he sense something in the room I wonder? I would love to hear from anyone who could help with an explanation or at least confirm, is he an Indigo Child?

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 7:29 am

I don't know. Aren't all Aspies supposed to be different? I mean, I do care about people to an extent but I don't think my empathy, emotion or anything is higher than others, if anything it's probably lower. I have some empathy and emotion but it's definitely not heightened. My emotions can get heightened at the wrong times which lead to outbursts. I wouldn't be surprised if it's something that parents came out with to take away the opinion that Aspies have no emotion. "Indigo Children"? There's no need to glamorize it up people, instead of coming up with some nonsense label why not just get it out to everybody that Aspies do have emotions and empathy, talk about how we think differently and go into depth about that instead.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 7:32 am

Indigo children is one of the creepiest widespread myths I have heard about autism

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 8:56 am

I have to agree with many and say this sounds like New Agey BS.

Also the description of the indigo children couldn't contrast more starkly with some aspects of AS. Spiritual, emotional, empathic ... some aspies are like this but many are more Spock-like and couldn't possibly be less like the description of indigo children.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 9:01 am

sartresue wrote:
Don't it make my green eyes (Indigo) blue topic

This psychic ability sounds like theory of mind, or that we instinctively know what another is thinking or feeling. I find this an odd trait to be ascribed to those living on the Autism Spectrum.

There are some people who are extraordinarily empathic, considerate and kind. This sounds more like Mother Theresa, just about as saintly as any human could get.

It must be very uncomfortable to be so sensitive, and I do not think this is Aspie.

It is uncomfortable to be so sensative....maybe not an aspie thing but I am that sensitive and can feel emotions from others.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 9:04 am

Odin wrote:
It's New Age BS with no basis in reality. It's probably marketed to narcissistic parents that want to think their spoiled brats are perfect angels and can do no wrong.

Maybe its marketed by parents who wish the narcissistic public would quit calling their children names like 'spoiled brat.' whenever they fail to act 'normal.' or get upset and cry like kids even the normal ones do.

Quantum_Immortal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2012, 4:56 pm

The theory of natural selection sais, that today's ugly duckling, is tomorrows beautiful swan. It always start with a mutant, that he end up being the norm in the end. The future of human evolution is among its mutants, not the normals.

The mutants that will succeed usually look weaker then the norm, because they have an obfuscated new advantage that outweights the cost of there new phenotype. Any new mutation can have at best a relative advantage, not an absolute one. If mutants could appear with absolute advantages, then why they didn't appear earlier?

So the next step in human evolution is certainly classed as a developmental disorder. The only question that remains. Who among all the developmental disorders has a relative advantage against the normals?

The indigo children concept, is a bit exaggerated. But in essence there's truth in it.

Unless you people wish that our evolution has finished for ever and ever. I don't think this is politically incorrect.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2012, 5:00 pm

Quantum_Immortal wrote:
The theory of natural selection sais, that today's ugly duckling, is tomorrows beautiful swan. It always start with a mutant, that he end up being the norm in the end. The future of human evolution is among its mutants, not the normals.

The mutants that will succeed usually look weaker then the norm, because they have an obfuscated new advantage that outweights the cost of there new phenotype. Any new mutation can have at best a relative advantage, not an absolute one. If mutants could appear with absolute advantages, then why they didn't appear earlier?

So the next step in human evolution is certainly classed as a developmental disorder. The only question that remains. Who among all the developmental disorders has a relative advantage against the normals?

The indigo children concept, is a bit exaggerated. But in essence there's truth in it.

Unless you people wish that our evolution has finished for ever and ever. I don't think this is politically incorrect.

Autism is not the next step in evolution. There are no steps anyway

Quantum_Immortal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2012, 5:25 pm

Quote:
There are no steps anyway

evolution is always incremental, the evolution of the eye is a fascinating example.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... lution.svg

Quote:
Autism is not the next step in evolution.

i wasn't talking about autism, i avoid in purpose in being specific, indigo children is a bit fluffy concept. I think, its pretty much certain, the next step of human evolution is in the DSM. Simply because its a relative advantage, not an absolute one. If an absolute advantage was possible, it would have alredy happened.

Evinceo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2012, 10:45 pm

The Indigo children concept is based on the idea that you can see Auras, yeah? Do people actually believe that kind of thing? Last time I heard someone talk about auras it was a friend in junior high school who had convinced himself he was on the verge of developing his third eye. Until they can build a machine that scans auras, I'm not going to buy it, and I don't think anyone else should.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 12:27 am

Quantum_Immortal wrote:
Quote:
There are no steps anyway

evolution is always incremental, the evolution of the eye is a fascinating example.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... lution.svg

Yes, but there was never a plan to develop an eye step by step. Each step conferred an advantage and for that reason alone, it was succesful. The eye never would have evolved at all if even one step reduced fitness (defined by the ability to pass one's genes on through as many generations as possible). It doesn't matter that the end result would be well worth such a trade-off, because evolution doesn't happen like that, it has no ability to make a plan and it has no final destination in mind.

Quantum_Immortal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2012, 5:23 pm

edgewaters wrote:
Yes, but there was never a plan to develop an eye step by step. Each step conferred an advantage and for that reason alone, it was succesful. The eye never would have evolved at all if even one step reduced fitness (defined by the ability to pass one's genes on through as many generations as possible). It doesn't matter that the end result would be well worth such a trade-off, because evolution doesn't happen like that, it has no ability to make a plan and it has no final destination in mind.

Actually, its not required that each step is absolutely beater then the previous one. If an intermediate stage is worse, it simply takes longer for a statistical fluke to jump it. Evolution is non linear. Sexual recombination of genes, try to increase the probability of such flukes. Evolution is still blind and stupid.

I don't think you understood, my comment. I was talking about relative advantages. The disadvantages remain, its the dead weight of some advantage.

For example, on face value, sleeping is a huge waste of time. None the less it gives some kind of relative advantage, this is why sleep wasn't selected out. What is this advantage? Its too complicated, the details are not important, we just know for sure that it surely gives us an advantage. The point is, that its quite obscure on the face of it, why we sleep, don't start quoting theories, its just an example.

With developmental disorders, its similarly complicated. We can see that they are mixtures of straight and disability. you can't guess in advance, which one is really a relative advantage or not. We'll really know in 100k years.

Successful, mutations, giving relative advantages are much more frequent then absolute advantages. There are some apparent disadvantages. So we are rather certain, the next step in evolution will be labeled a disorder at first.

For example: Humans in relation with the other animals. We are slow, week, eat too much, too fragile, can't breed under water, bread slowly etc. Because we sacrificed everything for a bigger brain. We have a relative advantage over all other animals. 50k years ago, it wasn't certain that we would even survive.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 5:36 pm

So interesting thing about 'mutations.' apparently when I was a kid they found I had some sort of genetic mutation, they still have not figured out what it means or how it effects me but that was their conclusion. So I really don't know what to make of it, just interesting I suppose.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 10:28 am

Some kind of genetic mutation, hmnn ambiguous, isn't it?

Genetic change is actually quite frequent. Some kinds of it have a rate higher than 1%.

And mutation is not necessarily 'good' or 'bad' or even noticeable.