Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Have you attempted suicide?
Yes, seriously and more than once 12%  12%  [ 11 ]
Yes, seriously, once 19%  19%  [ 18 ]
Yes, but I have not actually wanted to die (attention-seeking, etc.) 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
No, but I injure myself purposefully regularly 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
No, but I did injure myself purposefully in the past 21%  21%  [ 20 ]
No, none of above 35%  35%  [ 33 ]
Total votes : 94

five_squared
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Mar 2008, 8:19 am

No, but I injure myself purposefully regularly :/

deathchibi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 6:34 am

nail through juggular

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 9:06 am

I tried in a way before, long ago, but I was too afraid to actauly shove the knife into my gutt. It would have hurt alot anyway.

I voted number four though, because I self-injure regularily almost. This part of it isn't attempted suicide, it's so I can stop feeling like a horrible person. One night, recently, I nicked my leg just to get to sleep. *shrug* The material world is hell isn't it? Money is really more a curse for me than a blessing.

My sister had a friend that lived next door to a little family, whoes father shot himself on the back porch, over a #@$% financial matter! I need not get started on the trama those two girls had to cope with. Especialy from the fact that the other dad prior died, burning to death by accident. :cry: That's so messed up... When I heard about it I thought "8O WHAT?!"

Last edited by LiendaBalla on 01 Apr 2008, 10:03 am, edited 5 times in total.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 9:15 am

Yes, many times in my drinking days.

I was hospitalized for stabbing myself, slitting my wrists, and ODing, and no I'm not exaggerating any of this.

Since I've been sober, I still have the thoughts at times, but I would never attempt to do it again. I think part of me wanted to live since they weren't all fatal. I think the closest I came to death was the stabbing.

I try to supportive to ppl with these problems but I also keep my distance b/c it can trap me.

MCRSlipKnoTA7X
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Apr 2008, 10:27 pm

In 8th grade I was labeled as "a emo". I hated it. I was the quiet kid who wore dark clothes and nobody wanted to talk to me. I was dignosed with High functioning autism in 9th grade, I am in 10th grade now. I was mis-dignosed with cerbral palsy when I was little. I had a few friends in 8th grade, but none of them really understood me. Only my friend Joseph understood me and we were best friends. I felt misunderstood and I was sucidal. I thought about killing myself alot, but never did it. I have a huge fear of sharp objects so I was to afraid to cut myself so, I used a rubber band and I would pop my wrists. I am so glad not that I never did those other things. My dogs and Mom have helped me understand that I am perfect just the way I am. I have learned now to accepted the way I am and I would not change me for the world. I lost all my friends from 8th grade after I told them I had Autism, I guess they were not my true friends. I am now not sucidal anymore, but I still get labeled as a emo because I wear dark clothes and because I am shy. I hate labels!

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 11:21 pm

I've never tried it, I didn't want to die. But I did have the thoughts and I was afraid that if I saw something I could use, I wouldn't be able to stop myself.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 11:34 pm

I've intentionally done things that were likely to kill me because I wanted to die, but it was more like Russian roulette than attempted suicide. That was a long, long time ago.

green33
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Feb 2015, 4:31 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've done so, by swallowing 15 of my mum's vitamins, at the age of 15. My mum asked me why I've taken that many pills. I didn't want to tell her the truth, so I've told her, that I took that many, to get high.

ahahahahah,

taking vitamins to get high m8.
lol nice ! !! :jester:

nice, I would never think of something like that, greatly noted . thanks :heart: :heart: :heart: :jester: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 7:17 am

green33 wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I've done so, by swallowing 15 of my mum's vitamins, at the age of 15. My mum asked me why I've taken that many pills. I didn't want to tell her the truth, so I've told her, that I took that many, to get high.

ahahahahah,

taking vitamins to get high m8.
lol nice ! ! ! :jester:

nice, I would never think of something like that, greatly noted . thanks :heart: :heart: :heart: :jester: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Cut her some slack, not like the majority of us knew what we were doing when we were 15.

Hell I looked at page 1 and I said something hypocritical 7 years ago in this thread apparently. :|

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 7:34 am

No. Why would I want to kill myself? You can't play Runescape or Xbox live in heaven. Theres no wifi up there. I think i'll just stay down here a little longer.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 4:07 pm

how do you know there is not super-duper ultra-spiffy wi-ultrafi up in heaven? in any case, had many "passive" suicide attempts [accident-proneness, deadly bad diet/lifestyle] in terms of getting into accidents that should have killed me outright but somehow I escaped death. did try to blow my brains out once with my dad's rifle but was interrupted. I figure that was the big guy upstairs' way of telling me "no cheatin' now, y'hear?"

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 3:37 pm

Multiple attempts have been made but people keep stopping me.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 3:43 pm

^^^
sounds like somebody thinks you still have important work to do down here on earth.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Feb 2015, 1:47 am

I thought about it when I was depressed & before that partly due to my OCD but I never tried. I did slash my arm at one point when I was depressed thou & I started getting treatment after.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 1:49 am

Aridarr wrote:
Epluribusunum wrote:
886 wrote:
why would you want to kill yourself but not want to die, that makes no sense whatsoever

I knew some people who would more or less fit that criteria. Basically at the time of doing that one understands that he is risking death but is hoping that he would survive / be helped by others and would see if anyone will care / give attention / etc.

Either that or the victim is so utterly confused and lost in a haze of emotional agony that they are unable to think beyond the next moment and simply react by attempting to alter their reality in the only way they can; by destroying their ability to perceive it.

People in such situations are not fully aware of their own motives for taking suicidal actions. Put simply, they are in Hell, searching for an exit; not even aware of where it will take them. Not even able to care.

Completely emotionally destitute. It’s not about wanting to die; just wanting the pain to end.

But then, maybe that was just me.

Nah, not just you...I can relate to feeling like that when I attempted, more sick of pain and misery not really thinking too much beyond that.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 1:53 am

Bluesummers wrote:
I guess ultimately, those things don't have any place here. Dunno why...if someone is suicidal, they will try it...better they know the right way of doing it, rather than trying something stupid and leaving themselves permanently injured and worse off than when they started.

Right? :?

If I knew the right way to kill myself when I attempted at 15, there is a good chance I might not be here typing this right now...though still cannot say I entirely regret having attempted or am entirely glad it didn't work.