Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2008, 11:35 pm

:o I hope this one is good.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 11:36 pm

I liked it. I like the first one better.

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2008, 11:46 pm

Silent Hill 2 The Movie Is Said To Be Released In 2010 For More Info Go To The Link Below.

Silent Hill 2 (2010)

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 11:51 pm

2010!? Geez

Oh well, I'll have Silent Hill 5 and Resident Evil 5 to keep me entertained until then. :D

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 11:57 pm

I'd just hope that they have the intention of actually going with one of the storylines. Back in 2001 or 2002 me and one of my buddies sat there and played the game Silent Hill 2 from start to finish, what was really addictive about it was the fact that you were surrounded by characters to where you couldn't tell what was shadier or eerier, them or the monsters. They did a good job of really playing on the unknown as well.

That said though, it felt like the first one sort of bombed as it read too many things in and they overpowered the original idea just by giving the viewer too much knowledge of certain things (like with Rahda's husband running around and talking to Kim Coates seems like it gave too much comfort and stability just by showing too much of the outside world; if the main stretch was looking like a bad 80's Stephen King movie they needed to handle that first and formost rather than trying to water down the effect).

BTW, any leaks on what the story line for 2 is about?

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2008, 12:20 am

Silent Hill 3 Had Better Graphix though And More Extras Then Any Of The Other Games Had And More Wepons.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 12:28 am

Yes, that's true. It also had the freakiest hospital in the series. I can't go to hospitals anymore without expecting it to suddenly turn into THAT. :pale:

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2008, 12:37 am

Social_Fantom wrote:
Yes, that's true. It also had the freakiest hospital in the series. I can't go to hospitals anymore without expecting it to suddenly turn into THAT. :pale:
The Hospital Scared The Sh** Out Of Me When The Walls Turned All Glowing Red And Moving. The Creepiest Part is Walking into the Room and blood is coming out the sink and the mirror shows your reflction but then out of nowere stops eeeek :o

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 12:50 am

Shenzie wrote:
Silent Hill 3 Had Better Graphix though And More Extras Then Any Of The Other Games Had And More Wepons.

Yeah, but the storyline still didn't match II in quality - it was alright and like you said, it was fun gameplay just because the way she was able to use weapons and the arsenal she had ad her disposal made it almost more of an action-horror than survival-horror. I think 1,2, and 3 all had good eeriness and ambiance, 4 still feels like they missed the mark.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 1:29 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Shenzie wrote:

Yeah, but the storyline still didn't match II in quality - it was alright and like you said, it was fun gameplay just because the way she was able to use weapons and the arsenal she had ad her disposal made it almost more of an action-horror than survival-horror. I think 1,2, and 3 all had good eeriness and ambiance, 4 still feels like they missed the mark.

4 was too hard for my liking. They had some of the ambience right. I actually prefer 3 out of all the series.

On sabbatical...

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2008, 1:58 am

Silent Hill 3 Was Conected to the first game because Heathers Father is the man from the first Game Even Though He is dead now. the UFO ending was funny though they blew silent hill to kingdom come lol & the Silent Hill song I remember the one part of the song

"We'll start with Claudia!
You don't all have to sing!

Claudia,Claudia
She's oh so nice, and I'm glad
She gives us candy
And money to spend
Just be sure you don't get her mad"

Lol OMG Thats rich!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 2:13 am

Social_Fantom wrote:

awesome :P

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 2:15 am

computerlove wrote:
Social_Fantom wrote:

I tend to think of F.E.A.R. a bit more than Silent Hill for some reason (that's an awesome game as well).

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2008, 2:18 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
computerlove wrote:
Social_Fantom wrote:

I tend to think of F.E.A.R. a bit more than Silent Hill for some reason (that's an awesome game as well).
Whats F.E.A.R. About any way?

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 2:31 am

Shenzie wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
computerlove wrote:
Social_Fantom wrote:

Whats F.E.A.R. About any way?

It's an FPS with strong survival horror aspects. I've seen a friend play it. Freaky.

On sabbatical...

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 2:38 am

Quatermass wrote:

It's an FPS with strong survival horror aspects. I've seen a friend play it. Freaky.

Yeah, another thing that I like is they've got a bit of their own angle as well - as in you've got real eerie settings, ambiance, music, and at the same time it's mostly something like SWAT soldiers (though think of something like the clones from Star Wars), some have the full metal suites that would remind you of that one guy at the end of House of 1000 Corpses, and at other times your even fighting mechs.

The real creative aspect seems to be that your able to take this game that's very Rainbow 6'ish and make it 'feel' like Silent Hill or Resident Evil as they keep it all real foreboding. Like when you've got mechs coming out of the dark they're able to play up the stomps, the way they enter, and make it feel like some horrid monster is lurking around the corner or right outside before it crashes through the wall - great sense of multilayer in that respect. The supernatural is still there, very present but its not what your having the gunfights with nearly as often. I'm real interested to see how both strains of the game go - how there are two different development groups, one who owns the name and one who made the original game but had to change the name of it. Should be real interesting and from some of the previews I'm seeing I'm wondering if it may be a rare case where both do a great job and end up getting the same sorts of acclaims that Bioshock did.