Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 12:38 pm

I can't decide why exactly but I think that it's really funny (The Anime series).

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

Riddick124
Veteran
Veteran

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 6:06 am

I don't know why you posted a link to your post, I've seen it before and nobody seems to mention anything about it being a comedy, or finding it the least bit funny. I just wanted to know if anyone else felt that way.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 6:47 am

Deus_ex_machina wrote:
I don't know why you posted a link to your post, I've seen it before and nobody seems to mention anything about it being a comedy, or finding it the least bit funny. I just wanted to know if anyone else felt that way.

I don't think it is funny per se, except some bits involving Ryuk (especially when he is suffering withdrawal symptoms from lack of apples). Some of the OTT action in the anime is, well, OTT.

This is probably the funniest sequence I've seen, as it combines both Ryuk's withdrawals with OTT action. ("I will take a potato chip....AND EAT IT!! !")

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOglQl0mnbM[/youtube]

On sabbatical...

The_Cinephile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2008, 8:12 pm

I don't find it particularly funny.
It's an amazing anime, especially with the original Japanese voice actors (the English ones are terrible).
The movies were just mediocre.

Undead undead undead
The virginal brides file past his tomb
Strewn with time's dead flowers
Bereft in deathly bloom
Alone in a darkened room

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 10:19 pm

I don't think I've seen those episodes yet, I've only got the first volume.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 8:37 pm

me too.

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2008, 2:52 am

i think it was when the two main characters were having these long over-thought internal monologues over a tennis match that i stopped taking this series seriously.

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net