always someone "offended" by my comments...on othe

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2008, 7:33 am

Autistic people are just as easily offended by a disagreement as NT can be. Funny though, both Aspie and NT think they're perfectly rational, it's funny.

If you said your answer similar to how you posted it here, there was no clear reason for her to be offended by you. But without reading/hearing your answer, I can't say that she had absolutely no reason to get emotionally worked about it. I often use a word or two in a perfectly normal sentence that can't be said in this context/that offended the one I'm conversing with. Maybe though, you have written a perfectly normal answer and she just had a bad day which lead her to interpret your answer in a mean way. Maybe someone else once disagreed with her and got nasty and now she connects every disagreement with this nasty experience.

Look at communication models, they explain this pretty well. What you say will always be taken differently by the one to whom you respond, due to emotional, situational and cultural circumstances, personal experience...
This person obviously took your answer very differently from how you have meant it. That's always horrible I think, I wish people would know exactly 100% what I mean.