Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

nbud
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Mar 2008, 5:49 pm

Hi there im new on here,my son has AS.I wanted to ask a question if anyone can help i really would appreciate it.When he goes to bed at night i spend about an hour tucking him in,as he has to have his bedding tucked in tight around him,and it takes a while to get it just so.He loves to be wrapped up like a mummy is this an asperger trait. :?

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 5:51 pm

Most def.

You could save some time for him and yourself if you were to buy him a weighted blanket.

Aspies and auties often like heavy weight (deep pressure) as a result of our spazzing sensory systems. It calms us down.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

nbud
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Mar 2008, 5:59 pm

Thank you so much for answering,my poor son has suffered without us realizing it.I always thought it was just a querky little thing he had,ive never heard of a weight blanket before.Do you know where i could get one please?I certainly will buy one for him as it will free me up to put my girls to bed,as at the moment its only me that he will allow to tuck him in.I mentioned this to my GP and he just said it was just kyles funny way and that it didnt relate to AS,i must admit im dissapointed in how little the GP has helped us.

nbud
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Mar 2008, 6:00 pm

Thank you so much for answering,my poor son has suffered without us realizing it.I always thought it was just a querky little thing he had,ive never heard of a weight blanket before.Do you know where i could get one please?I certainly will buy one for him as it will free me up to put my girls to bed,as at the moment its only me that he will allow to tuck him in.I mentioned this to my GP and he just said it was just kyles funny way and that it didnt relate to AS,i must admit im dissapointed in how little the GP has helped us.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 6:08 pm

A weighted blanked works wonders, he'll love it. :)

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2008, 6:31 pm

i got mine from www.weightedblanket.net. I love it! They are extremely well-made and yo ucan pick the size, weight, and fabric custom. It took me almost 20 years to figure out i needed weight on me, not more pillows surrounding me.

AV-geek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 7:33 pm

That link didn't work...try www.weightedblanket.com

Flaggy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Mar 2008, 10:26 pm

i dont have a weighted blanket but i have ots of flags - i lke it where they are all on top of me - which is annoying because then after they a falled off i have to refold them - 7o!
so i pick 1o to have round th bed that i spreak out over my duvet and blanket and its very warm an very tight

just nice!

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Mar 2008, 10:30 pm

My son has a "mink" blanket that we bought in Korea. He wraps himself up like a little burrito in it. I always have to sleep with a heavy blanket. In the winter I use my mink and in the summer I have a heavier weight comforter. I don't need to be tucked in really tightly, but I do like the weight.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 10:48 pm

how old is he?
my child liked weighted blankets when he was younger, or tight fitting snug nighties,
anymore he just enjoys snuggling before he goes to sleep,
we snuggle until he gets sleepy or falls asleep then I put him to bed.

alex
Developer
Developer

15 Mar 2008, 7:41 am

http://www.weightedblanket.net/

Here is the proper link. This is the company I recommend. Don't judge them based on their bad website. The blankets are amazing!

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 7:47 am

He also might like the routine of how you tuck him in, which could be a factor too, especially how he only allows you to tuck him in (routine is a big thing for those with an ASD).

It could be a bit of both.

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 10:41 am

yes im sure some of us will still do it..im one of em :P

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/

nbud
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Mar 2008, 1:14 pm

Thanks for the wbsite info,i will be looking at that.My son is nearly 10. :)