Colour of Magic: Discworld fans, we have a Vetinari!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2008, 5:31 am

While I have heard of Jeremy Irons before now, I've never seen much of his work. However, I was interested when I heard that he plays Lord Havelock Vetinari in the upcoming adaptation of The Colour of Magic. Of course, many fans probably wanted Alan Rickman (Pratchett's own choice) or Christopher Eccleston (another choice I heard somewhere), or even Stephen Briggs, who not only adapts the Discworld novels into plays, but also played Vetinari in them. However, I have just seen a clip of Irons playing Vetinari, and I'm absolutely blown away. Perfect choice.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwOowHV88wQ[/youtube]

Only problem I have, is where he has that little 'who's a good boy, then' with Wuffles. I've never known Vetinari to show such public affection to Wuffles, although I do know that that mutt is one of the few beings Vetinari could have said to have loved (the only other ones are Lady Margolotta, a vampire noble, and possibly his aunt, Lady Roberta Meserole).

Still, as Vetinari's motto goes, Si non confectus, non reficiat. And there seems to be non confectus much in that.

On sabbatical...

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2008, 10:48 am

Damn! I've always wanted to play Vetinari.

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2008, 10:13 pm

gosh, jeremy irons as vetinari! now thats good casting, methinks. :)