I'm spending my money again. This time on a 360.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Mar 2008, 7:51 am

I can't help myself has soon as I get depressed I have to buy myself a new toy. I saw that a store called ChipsWorld has a Xbox Premium bundle which I could not resist. For 229.99 UK pounds you get the Xbox 360 Premium, an extra wireless controller so now I have 2. :D and 3 games. Viva Pinata (shh don't tell anyone but I like it), Forza 2 and Halo 3. Temptation got the better of me when I saw this deal and I at to have it.

kclark
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Mar 2008, 8:54 am

Heh. If I got the conversion to US dollars right that is a really good deal.
I did the same about a month ago. I was feeling down and ended up spending a chunk of cash on a 360 system. I have enjoyed it, but have to cut back a little as I need to get a bit more sleep and studying in.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2008, 2:34 pm

Shadowbound wrote:
I can't help myself has soon as I get depressed I have to buy myself a new toy. I saw that a store called ChipsWorld has a Xbox Premium bundle which I could not resist. For 229.99 UK pounds you get the Xbox 360 Premium, an extra wireless controller so now I have 2. :D and 3 games. Viva Pinata (shh don't tell anyone but I like it), Forza 2 and Halo 3. Temptation got the better of me when I saw this deal and I at to have it.

Great choice.
Am have Halo3 and Viva Pinata to,Viva Pinata is great.

If the pack doesnt include it [they did with the halo3 xbox360 anyway],and if have the money,think about getting a charge and play adapter thingy,because there's no having to wait till the pads charged till can play again as it allows to charge and play and the same time only with having to use a cable.

If have never used a 360 before,try and test one first because might find the noise of one when it's running a disc too much,am have to wear usual earplugs and eardefenders combo when a disc is in use.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Mar 2008, 4:45 am

The 360 is nosier than I expected but then I'm a PC user and use to aload of fans blowing at once. :) As long has I get to play some excellent games I don't mind a humming sound. Anyway I'll just pop my speakers up. :D

I have Halo 3, Forza 2 and Viva Pinata and I'd have never believed I'd spend most of my time playing Viva Pinata. lol

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 6:05 am

Viva Pinata's a great game, I played it more that Gears of War, both of which I own on the PC. I personally would've gone for the PS3 though, for the cheap Blu-Ray player if nothing else.

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Mar 2008, 7:03 am

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
Viva Pinata's a great game, I played it more that Gears of War, both of which I own on the PC. I personally would've gone for the PS3 though, for the cheap Blu-Ray player if nothing else.

I've installed a BlueRay in my PC already. The less money I can give to Sony the better. :D

AToughCustomer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2008, 10:32 pm

i got an Xbox for rock band and COD 4. although i don't play drums for real, i drum on desks constantly so i started playing drums on expert and haven't had too much trouble.

COD 4 is the most fun activity on the planet. i love it. i love good teamwork and tactics.

kclark
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2008, 1:40 pm

I admit my 360 was mainly bought to play Rock Band.
I am just now getting into beating songs on expert.
It is a slow process getting my limbs to work independently of each other.

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

27 Mar 2008, 9:53 am

wanna spend some money on a heavy dvd collection of james bond instead of xbox 360 or ps3 because i dont have the room for either consoles

DeGenisis
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Mar 2008, 4:51 pm

Shadowbound wrote:
Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:

I've installed a BlueRay in my PC already. The less money I can give to Sony the better. :D

Hey, Sony gave us PSOne...

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Mar 2008, 6:22 pm

I'm completely anti Sony for damaging the games industry.

ignisfatuus
Toucan
Toucan

28 Mar 2008, 2:44 am

Quote:
I'm completely anti Sony for damaging the games industry.

Microsoft isn't much better. Ditto for EA.

As for the 360, they have a ridiculously high return rate with the dreaded RROD (red ring of death), with some estimates as high as 30%. The new ones, particularly the Elite, are supposed to be more reliable, but there is no question Microsoft released a flawed system.