Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 3:12 pm

You know, those ghost and paranormal activity reality shows where a team go around some structure with microphones and various techie equipment looking for evidence of ghosts?

It strikes me as odd that they all seem to do their investigations at night. You know, ghosts only come out at night...

Those shows are such BS.

When people realize there aren't such a thing as ghosts, the better off we'll all be.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 3:25 pm

I beg your pardon...you obviously have not done any reading on the supernatural.

I had a friend who experienced a ghost or rather a "spirit", which I prefer to call them, when he went away to college his first year. I did not believe in "ghosts" before my friend's encounter with one but, the revelation of his story was quite disturbing. It became apparent that my friend had psychic abilities... which is why those without this "sixth sense" find the paranormal so unbelieving.

I don't know what television shows you may have seen...but anyone who has experienced such supernatural phenomenon will
tell you such occurrance do not only happen at night.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 7:17 pm

I've never been on acid. What's it like?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 8:12 pm

No comment.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 11:10 pm

digger1 wrote:
You know, those ghost and paranormal activity reality shows where a team go around some structure with microphones and various techie equipment looking for evidence of ghosts?

It strikes me as odd that they all seem to do their investigations at night. You know, ghosts only come out at night...

Those shows are such BS.

When people realize there aren't such a thing as ghosts, the better off we'll all be.

The reason they go to places at night is the easiest thing to explain. the places they go are normally tourist attactions like old prisons and "haunted" hotels and mansions,museums etc. and they don't want alot of people in the way of their obsevations or someone walking by sees one of their cameras and just takes it. and besides the guys from T.A.P.S. say the place isn't even haunted in the first place, they go into these places with the mindset that the place isn't haunted and looks for undeniable proof contrdicting their orignal idea.

Last edited by darkstone100 on 21 Mar 2008, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 1:09 pm

I watch those shows. I am undecided on the existence of ghosts, or more importantly if these things are really happening what is actually causing them. I too often wonder what is the point of it having to be done at night.

AS4Life
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2008, 3:01 pm

SO glad one of my friend who has high functioning autism isn't on here and came by this thread...

otherwise you'd never hear the end of it. One of his major interests is ghost hunting. Wants to be a ghost hunter, dare to even question him on the existence of ghosts gives you a speech on how bad things will happen if you say they don't exist. Although i respect his special interest (hey i had mine) i'm not fully on board with the whole ghost hunting thing and haven't really experienced anything major even after going on a few ghost hunts (been dragged on them more then once. Only thing i can think of was this book going from one room to another without me seeing anyone touch it (as in at one moment it was in one room, 30 min later it was in another room and i was in that room for 30 min and didn't hear anyone come in until someone went in and turned on the lights) but other then that... nothing.