Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 238 of 239 [ 3819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 235, 236, 237, 238, 239  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2023, 8:30 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm here with my partner having a laugh.
It's all just in fun.

Seriously though, you sound like a nice guy.
I remember you having Long Covid.

Do you see your son often?

Is TP your partner?

I still have LC >_< Some days are better than others, but I can definitely walk a lot better than I could a couple years ago.

I see my son all day, ever day. I'm basically the stay-at-home-mom while his mother works a lot of OT. She has anger issues and can't be around him for too long. I might be saying too much.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2023, 8:33 pm

Noooo, sorry TP is not my partner.
I'm just pretending to be overly-involved in her life.
Some people seem to think we're a duo like Batman and Robin.
I'd be Robin, but there's no duo.
My real-life partner is here and he is a man.
We're chilling for the night.
Tried to find a movie on streaming but gave up.

I'm really sorry to hear that about your circumstance.
Your son is a lucky boy to be with you.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2023, 8:42 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
I’m a bit distracted at the moment NOT playing video games with one of my thirteen children.

That is good to hear. I, too, am currently resisting the urge to play video games. My child is in bed, sleeping.

Would it upset you if I watched someone else play them in a video?
I am very near the end of Tears of the Kingdom (that's the title of a recent Nintendo game) and would like to at least find out how it ends.

If I played video games, which I don’t, I’d still be playing Tears of the Kingdom, too. I’d like it but not as much as BotW.

I’d have to think about whether watching it would be okay… We only watch Christian TV on Sundays as a treat.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2023, 8:47 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm here with my partner having a laugh.
It's all just in fun.

Seriously though, you sound like a nice guy.
I remember you having Long Covid.

Do you see your son often?

Is TP your partner?

I still have LC >_< Some days are better than others, but I can definitely walk a lot better than I could a couple years ago.

I see my son all day, ever day. I'm basically the stay-at-home-mom while his mother works a lot of OT. She has anger issues and can't be around him for too long. I might be saying too much.
That sounds really rough. It’s hard to find time for special interests when kids are that age, but it’s a special time, too.

I’m sorry to hear about your long COVID. Did your son get it?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2023, 9:40 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm really sorry to hear that about your circumstance.
Your son is a lucky boy to be with you.

Thank you.
I try to do what I can for him, but he definitely wears me out...especially days like today >_<

And he gave up completely on naps a few weeks ago, so that's a few extra "me time" hours I've lost.
I'm trying to stick with keeping it "dark quiet time", and he's mostly doing okay. He says "I will sit here and play with this toy, and you will sit there and play Link." and I go "Well, okay, if I have to."

TwilightPrincess wrote:
If I played video games, which I don’t, I’d still be playing Tears of the Kingdom, too. I’d like it but not as much as BotW.

Yeah, I remember you saying that in the other thread...
WAIT A MINUTE!
Something fishy is going on here...

I am enjoying it in a "this is what the DLC should have been" way, even though it cost over three times as much >_<
But I really, really hate the controls for the Sages. They're never nearby when you need them, sometimes they won't even follow you, I end up chasing them around and taking damage when I want to use them, and I end up triggering them by accident more often than not.

I saw a loading screen tip that says you can whistle to bring them to your side, but as far as I can tell, it does absolutely nothing.

TwilightPrincess wrote:
That sounds really rough. It’s hard to find time for special interests when kids are that age, but it’s a special time, too.

I’m sorry to hear about your long COVID. Did your son get it?

It is rough. In a way, I'm kind of glad that he was born after the pandemic started, so he doesn't really know what's going on. School is going to be tricky though...we really don't want to homeschool him, but we're also wary of what public schooling will bring. IIRC, we have less than a year to figure it out.

He has caught Covid once or twice, and then spread it to us...as far as Long Covid, it's hard to say. It doesn't seem like it, but you never know what kind of damage is going on on the inside, or what the dormant virus will do in the future.
I've had chicken pox, and mono, and cancer, and a couple other viruses that did major damage...plus I was overworking and undersleeping when I first caught Covid, so I was kind of the perfect storm.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2023, 9:55 pm

That's a lot of health issues to be dealing with. It's good that you can be home although 3 year olds can be extremely exhausting.

I avoided hearing anything about TotK before it came out because I wanted it to be a surprise. If I would've known that the games would be so similar, I would've avoided playing BotW in the not too distant past. My son and I beat it a few times and 100 percented it in Master Mode. The DLCs were fun. I think I was all BotWed out, so TotK has not been as enjoyable as most past Zelda games have been for me during a first play through. I like the bosses and the temples more, though. BotW is my favorite game of all time.

My son started playing games with me on the Wii U when he was 5, so you're getting there as far as having more opportunities to play.

I was homeschooled and didn't like it, so I never seriously considered it for my kid. I could teach him just as well if not better than the public school system, but I wanted him to be around peers and stuff like that.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2023, 10:52 pm

Whoops, I forgot to CTRL+C my post before clicking "submit".
Guess I'll try again.

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I avoided hearing anything about TotK before it came out because I wanted it to be a surprise.

Ditto.
I said in the other thread, after BotW I re/played all of the other Zeldas, so it's been...quite a while.
I was actually playing Hyrule Warriors 2 last, but it's not quite the same. And even that, a lot of it I was thinking "I -kind of- remember some of this..."
I was actually playing BotW a little bit the other day, I forgot how different it was. Even the menus are all different. And I forgot that Central Hyrule used to be pretty scary because Guardians were EVERYWHERE.

I feel like the first game had a better sense of exploration, or maybe that was just me...I would walk everywhere, because I didn't feel like bringing my horse back to a stable, and the loading times took too long to bother with quick travel.
This game, seems like you can just glide, or fly, or drive wherever you want, and skip most of the exploring.
And even when you do explore, a lot of areas that I remember being pretty special in the first game...now they're just empty. You -might- find a Korok?

And I'm sad that most of my favorite characters from the first game are gone...and the ones who are still around, like Paya, they barely give you the time of day.

But otherwise, I like it a lot. I feel like a lot of it is what the first game should have been.

TwilightPrincess wrote:
My son started playing games with me on the Wii U when he was 5, so you're getting there as far as having more opportunities to play.

He does play a little bit. He thinks it's pretty hilarious to make Link jump into the lava over and over and over again.
I should probably find a two player game we can do. Maybe a LEGO game?
I think I did try a racing game before, but he wasn't very interested.
Usually he wants to play the Elmo's Alphabet whatever game for N64, and I think he has outgrown it (it's not a very good game to begin with).

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I was homeschooled and didn't like it, so I never seriously considered it for my kid. I could teach him just as well if not better than the public school system, but I wanted him to be around peers and stuff like that.

Yeah, that's our concern too. We weren't homeschooled, but we know people who were. He could use the social interaction, especially if he's Autistic like me (which he probably is).

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 9:58 am

All this talk about Zelda gave me a serious itch to go play it...

...I have failed you, my Princess... :cry:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 10:22 am

You've just earned yourself an hour in the prayer closet. :lol:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 8:57 pm

:hail:
^ this is me praying

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2023, 3:45 am

That talk about Zelda reminded me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZJMsH ... nel=Mega64

And yet, Wind Waker aged extremely well.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2023, 3:54 am

:lol:

Yeah, I felt like that for awhile, but Wind Waker grew on me over time. However, I still prefer a few other Zelda games.

Don’t even get me started on Mario Sunshine, though. :evil:

TT1660
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2023, 8:24 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
A pity.

Oh well. I might try going to one of those ultra conservative rallies. :heart:

I’m sure I’ll find someone I can talk to about Jesus, guns, and corporal punishment - my three favorite things.

Could discuss one of the aforementioned all day long. But I'm myself as some have figured out. IE a nightmare.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2023, 9:21 pm

I think there’s someone for everyone out there - well, for those who want a someone.

TT1660
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Oct 2023, 12:26 am

I have been thinking that it's simply not the case, for someone as awkward and messed up as me. There are simply way too many drawbacks, with next to no positives.

I have no problem with this perception being invalidated though. Maybe when I'm 68.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 7:30 pm

There's nothing wrong with being awkward. Maybe you could set goals to work on some things you'd like to change or improve in some way. That can be attractive to people. Finding ways to meet people who have similar hobbies and interests can help, too.