Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

shadowlink
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 May 2008, 2:05 am

I don't like using terms such as "Heterosexuality", "Bisexuality" or "Homosexuality". Instead I refer myself to the Kinsey scale.

Hetrosexual < 0 - ME - - 3 - - - - 6 > Homosexual

0 Exclusively heterosexual
1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual <--- ME
2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual
4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual
6 Exclusively homosexual

If you prefer categorizations I will refer myself as a Heterosexual but on that scale most likely a 1 (Because sometimes I have thoughts, even though most the time they completely turn me off I sometimes feel aroused) However I get aroused by some of the most strangest stuff and this is the sort of stuff we can't control anyway so categorizing someone as either "Gay" or "Straight" causes Stereotypes and divides everyone up, and causes closets.

Also considering I can only see myself in a relationship with a girl, I have felt love before with another girl and never with a guy which confirms my emotional side of things :).

Now to answer your question on what I think with Bisexuality, being a christian obviously I have something against it, but also having my own opinions I feel everyone is subject to free-will and since I stated sexuality is not something we can control (But it is something we can deny temptation of) such as cheating on someone we do have an ability to act (Masturbate, Sex) strictly on one gender.

Though it does create more stress when you feel you're a homosexual or heterosexual (the other way around) and trying to just act on one even though you feel your more in the middle and thus you feel more comfortable being positioned in the center "or 3" so in terms of that aspect I do think Bisexuality is good as it can help some people who are not sure of their sexuality come to understand more of who they are and that they are not alone.

The biggest thing in sexuality is to just accept who you are though and not to try and categorize yourself otherwise, like I said you feel anxious and worried about it and want to keep making sure especially if it worries you, so to just say $&!* it I am Bi and get on with life is the best way out of your mess.

helene
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 May 2008, 2:00 pm

In response to the last post I am a 1.5 or 2 and consider myself to be a mostly closeted pansexual (like bi but not limited to two genders which is implied in bisexual (pan- = all bi- = 2)).