Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2006, 7:54 am

I am glad my Middle School is against bullying. They have a policy that you would get in serious trouble for bullying. Whew!

colbs49
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2006, 11:56 pm

Fight back. Thats what I did In seventh grade. I'm a small guy that was pushed around alot! we'll this big bully pushed me into the wall and I swung at him at the face. Although he pretty much kicked my a*s he never messed with me again.

Hexter
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2006, 2:15 pm

colbs49 wrote:
Fight back. Thats what I did In seventh grade. I'm a small guy that was pushed around alot! we'll this big bully pushed me into the wall and I swung at him at the face. Although he pretty much kicked my a*s he never messed with me again.

It doesn't really matter if you win or lose, it the courage to stand up againts the damn bullies, hopefully after that the bullies will never mess with you again. :wink:

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2006, 7:36 pm

Captain_Brown wrote:
I am glad my Middle School is against bullying. They have a policy that you would get in serious trouble for bullying. Whew!

There will still be bullying in that school i know it...
I've been bullied since (that i remember) 2nd grade and still being bullied :( :evil: :( :evil:

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 12:45 pm

I have been bullied since i entered the education system at the age of 5

I am now 18 years old and am still bullied on the street

Uni is ok but most people tend to stay away from me

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 2:03 pm

Been bullied since I was 9.

6 years...you'd think I'd get the message by now.

You name it, I've been called every appropriate, cruel name.

I'm not bullied as much now, it's mostly social rejection + social anxiety now.

It's just stereotypical people who label which pisses me off.

I get the odd name calling down the corridor, but I ignore, as I've been called it before.

Hey that last line ryhmed.

Beno
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Oct 2006, 8:05 pm

I was bullied a lot in primary school, sometimes even by the teachers. Then it subsided a littlebut started up again and I got a lot of it when I was 13-14 and then it died down again... I'm not too bothered about it with hindsight, though. I can't change the past, I can just be happy with what I have in the present.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2006, 8:38 pm

"Bullying" is an interesting term, since it's largely open to individual interperetation. What may be "bullying" to one person is only mild teasing to another, and vice versa. Some people have little obsessive-compulsive loves and hates regarding certain subjects that make them feel "bullied" when those subjects are brought up in a specific way, and so on.

BassMaster89
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Nov 2006, 6:01 pm

When I was in school, I was always bullied around. I was always considered a "ret*d". The same with my whole class. Now I am home-schooled. We are identified at school as the "ret*d Force". They gave us army ranks paired with insults, such as Lieutenant Lard Ball (not my nickname). It was this poor defenseless girl, who only wanted friends. I always thought my classmates were a burden to me, but they were just like me. They wanted friends, too, and they tried so hard to get them. They were shunned, like I was. I was given at least 10 nicknames...it seemed like a new one would pop up every quarter.

Question: Has anyone else experienced this? How did you handle it?

Dr_Mobius
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Feb 2007, 5:58 pm

Whatever anyone’s subjective interpretation of bullying - I was by any standard, most certainly bullied throughout my entire life. It was both physical and emotional; everything from spitting, gang attacks, fights, very inappropriate insults by any cultural standard – you name it. There were mostly students involved, but staff sometimes deliberately ignored the situation as well, constituting gross negligence of responsibility on their part.
It has only stopped since I ceased going to school – I simply refused to go and perused my interests instead.

Yotsuba
Toucan
Toucan

22 Feb 2007, 7:07 pm

I am bullied, but it's partly my fault. I don't talk to anyone at school and if they say hi to me, I immediately assume that they're trying to make fun of me.

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2007, 8:22 pm

I've been bullied since preschool. For years I had to put up with it but it got worse in 5th grade when I had to be put in special ed and any of you here who are in spec ed know that just being there makes you an automatic target. People beat me up daily, called me LD (local dummy in there vocabulary), mess up my stuff, do things then blame them on me, and just plain ran my life. Teachers never did anything to them. They let them get away with everything they did. Heaven forbid I did anything to stand up for myself I would get holy heck for it. Even when I mentioned the fact that when they did things then blamed it on me they never listened when I said "I didn't do it" so the only thing I could do was say nothing then tell only the principles I didn't. Luckily they understood my situation and where nice about it. It was when I got in to middle school things got worse then better. In my class I had to say in the same room all day long to make matters worse for 2 years I was the only girl in a class of boys where every single one of them hated me. It was torture they would abuse me physically and emotionally, sexually harass me, steal things, taunt me, call me horrible names I won't mention, lock me in the bathroom (we had one in our room) and closet, used intimidation, and just plain push me around. Like a few times I would be in my corner of the room alone reading and laying on one of the beanbags if one of them wanted it they would just come over pull it out from under me and walk away like it was nothing. I was known as "The reject". But here’s where it gets better. In the third year of middle a lot of the meaner boys left and more girls came in. One day thanks to my dad’s stories and advice this boy that everyone even the teacher was afraid of was picking on me all day I was getting tired of it. So I went up to the teacher and told her "if you don't do something about James I'm going to attack him" later when he was doing it again she just sat and watched. So I got up ran over to him and beat the crap out of him. Yes I got in trouble but I didn't care and nether did my family. Ever since then I'd gotten tougher against bullies. I also don't let others get bullied. I have a friend who’s being bullied like I was. I do for her what I wish other people had done for me when I was in the same situation. Now I never let a bully who crosses my path go unpunished.
That’s my story.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 2:32 pm

Yotsuba wrote:
I am bullied, but it's partly my fault. I don't talk to anyone at school and if they say hi to me, I immediately assume that they're trying to make fun of me.

Don't believe that! The bullies are idiots and you shouldn't have to talk to anyone. Though you might want to think about getting a counselor to talk about the whole afraid of being made fun of all the time thing, I am much the same way.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Yotsuba
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2007, 2:48 pm

Thanks. At least I know I'm not alone. And yes, I have been thinking of getting a counselor for the paranoid thing.

hacker_mage
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Mar 2007, 9:05 pm

i got beat a couple weeks ago ...
it wasn't fun :(

KyTE317
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Mar 2007, 11:23 am

Unfortunetly its hard to deal with and you really can't get help all the time, and whats worse is that the teachers who see the bullying think nothing of it. NT teachers are more inclined to take the side of NT or close to NT bullies, cause they relate to them the most, and they see it as harmless fun. It's not. And all the bully prevention tapes the principal shows in the cafeteria or in his office after a fight will not change the fact. The best thing to do is to tell someone who you trust and not interfere, cause it stops right outta high school, and if you go into college, they hardly talk to you.