I really like some... should I ask her out?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Praetor2379
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jun 2008, 9:07 pm

I recently developed a crush on a girl in my class. Her personality seems to attract me the most. We’ve talked a few times, and I’m thinking about asking her out. I don’t know if she’s even remotely attracted to me. She’ll be going to Europe in August and won’t be coming back until April 2009. We both will also be going to different universities. I see her sometimes by her locker by herself and she always says hi to me. Should I ask her out, and if so subtly at her locker?

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 9:25 pm

if I was in your situation I wouldn't ask her
but that;s me

go for it man

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 9:51 pm

I would say 'yes', but...

don't be crushed if she says no. If she says yes, well, nothing ventured. Sometimes people take risks when they're going a few thousand miles away.

If she says 'no'...don't take it personally. If she says 'yes', then who knows? Either way you won't be stuck 'not knowing' for a few months until she comes back.

Travel does change people, though. So she may be slightly different when she gets back.

good luck.

LoveableNerd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2008, 1:06 am

I was in that situation countless times in my youth, and always chickened out. Rejection is easier to deal with than regret.

8th Cmdmt: Thou Shalt Not Steal.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2008, 12:03 am

If you really like her, give it a go. She might say no for the simple reason that some people find it hard to keep up a long distance relationship but then again, she might say yes. If you don't ask, you'll never know.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

CroLigaLax
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jun 2008, 12:07 am

'Better to regret the things you did, than regret those you didn't'

You seem to think that the relationship is over before it has started. She is going away for a time and you will be attending different universities. Give it a chance.

I believe every relationship has a 'use by date' and is bound to end. If the 'use by date' happens to be a death at an old age, you were probably the luckiest person in the universe.

What I am trying to express is that you should attempt to make the present as rewarding for yourself as possible. I know how hard it can be to enjoy the present without worrying about the future, but 'it is better to have loved and lost, than to never loved at all'

Hope this is helpful