Would you like to have a terminal illness?

Page 8 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 7:48 pm

life is a terminal illness.

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 10:34 pm

LOL at the "knight in shining armor" bit. Did come off that way, but it pisses me off when other people's honest feelings on matters are criticized for even being let out. Anyway, state of mind was sort of affected by what my girl friend's going through right now, so no shining armor rescue goin' down here, I'm taken! 8) Just I'm seeing what's going on here, and it relates very much to a similar situation back home. Claire can speak for herself, no doubt about it. She's already done it in fact, to your dismay.

Don't need no lap, nor any "lesson." Been doing well enough alone, and as it were, it was people who expressed opinions like yours that absolutely DID NOT HELP. I'm all for getting past things like this, it's when others cite honest feelings such as hers as "invalid" that I get a tad upset. It's not sympathy that's in order, just respect. I mean, sympathy meant f**k all, and I got lots of it for other reasons. How does one expect to move on from these ideas, when the idea of a "defected" mind is constantly hammered in? Both sympathy, and disrespect accomplish nothing very nicely, and do very much damage (IMO). Respect for the thoughts coming out of our heads isn't to be mistaken with "encouragement" neither. Respect for the thoughts, as they came for a reason, and they didn't come by choice, that is all.

I'm under the impression s/m crap is supposed to be "fun"...? Those were not "fun" thoughts man. Your post simply took me back to an angered state of mind, one I've left, but many others are still going through. Had I known anything at all, I would have been "well adjusted" long ago, instead people talked down, looked down, and beat up the likes of me, and many others. The "us vs. them" mentallity is repulsive to me, but in some cases there is truth to the matter. The idea shouldn't be pushed forward as we push on however.

BTW, you're an honest guy, and expressed your natural feelings, and I do respect that. I did get out of hand there, but it is a good way to open up the forum tho, eh? I find in many of the arguments I've had, I've come away with more respect for that person, as I understand what's going on now, guess it's a convoluted way of figuring things out, eh? Works so far tho, gotta girl out of it. :lol:

Omar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2008, 12:19 am

claire333 wrote:
Wow. I did not mean to turn this thread into a fight about me. 8O

Fact is...I have had a lifetime of feelings of shame, guilt, and overwhelming anxiety about most everything I say or do. Even though I am a good person. I have always been a freak. I am just now learning why. Sorry if my thoughts upset you to the point of needing me to feel shame. I thought this planet was somewhere they might be accepted...

Aight....in truth, Omar was just gett'n a feel for the kinda mindframe that would espouse such views without qualifiers - BUT - the way it was stated did sound like Omar 'bout to launch an personal inquisition on private thought w/ his big stick of SHAME- an awkward word fo' sure - wit a lotta connotations stuck on it by da way it's been rung outta the mouths of clergmen and social etiquettists. It ain't like dat tho, and Omar apologizes - not for the gist of what was said - but for how it was uttered.

But, you should also realize that while this place may be a support group - that don't mean your every word gonna be eaten up by everyone wit spoonfuls of honey - sometimes you might get stung. Not 'cuz of the wanting to inflict pain, but more as a reminder of whats out there in the -universe- and there aint no planet thats exempt from fundamental rules.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 12:22 am

Truce.

Omar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2008, 12:51 am

We cool JR, ain't nothin' like a little sparring every know and then to keep your wits about you.

-JR wrote:
Claire can speak for herself, no doubt about it. She's already done it in fact, to your dismay.

To my dismay...eh? What you think Omar be expect'n when he pulled the trigger to cap his thoughts? Of course theres gonna be kickback. It certainly wasn't meant to be Big Bad Bully Omar pulling the tufts of hair on little Claire out in the playground (tho in retrospect, it certainly's startin to seem that way) Omar gonna give you and ALL them others that might be offended the same apology he given Clair - my bad at using loaded words to instigate cht -but the idea? Omar be stick'n wit dat.

-JR wrote:
Don't need no lap, nor any "lesson." Been doing well enough alone, and as it were, it was people who expressed opinions like yours that absolutely DID NOT HELP. I'm all for getting past things like this, it's when others cite honest feelings such as hers as "invalid" that I get a tad upset. It's not sympathy that's in order, just respect. I mean, sympathy meant f**k all, and I got lots of it for other reasons. How does one expect to move on from these ideas, when the idea of a "defected" mind is constantly hammered in? Both sympathy, and disrespect accomplish nothing very nicely, and do very much damage (IMO). Respect for the thoughts coming out of our heads isn't to be mistaken with "encouragement" neither. Respect for the thoughts, as they came for a reason, and they didn't come by choice, that is all.

Hrm... Speak'n an "honest" thought alone ain't worth respect - and the examples to the contrary are probably obvious to you if you give it some passing thought.

see,
If the thought be well framed and substantiated - then it's worth respect.
If the thought be well-meaning, earnest, but inadequate - then it's worth toleratin.
If the thought be irrelevant and/or lazy - then its worth ignoring.
If the thought be potentially harmful or mislead'n - then its worth calling out on.

A very quick'n'rough guideline for how Omar treats things and it seems to Omar you've pretty much ascribe to dat' rule to a degree - After all you giv'n Omar props for Honesty but still felt needed (perhaps rightfully) to call Omar out on it.

-JR wrote:
I'm under the impression s/m crap is supposed to be "fun"...? Those were not "fun" thoughts man. Your post simply took me back to an angered state of mind, one I've left, but many others are still going through. Had I known anything at all, I would have been "well adjusted" long ago, instead people talked down, looked down, and beat up the likes of me, and many others. The "us vs. them" mentallity is repulsive to me, but in some cases there is truth to the matter. The idea shouldn't be pushed forward as we push on however.

BTW, you're an honest guy, and expressed your natural feelings, and I do respect that. I did get out of hand there, but it is a good way to open up the forum tho, eh? I find in many of the arguments I've had, I've come away with more respect for that person, as I understand what's going on now, guess it's a convoluted way of figuring things out, eh? Works so far tho, gotta girl out of it. :lol:

Us vs them, w/ them being "people [that]talked down, looked down, and beat up the likes of me"...
seems like the wrong kinda definitions to be ascribin to people....intention not action be the cause of your worry- else you be constantly react'n to the next development - and that aint no way to win a war.

Anyhow, this thread's gone way past terminal...Omar's gotta back away from this bloated zombie here before it starts infect'n

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 1:42 pm

cyberscan wrote:
I have a terminal illness. It is called Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. It is the bane of every hacker.

LOL Yeah CTS sucks.

ericksonlk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2008, 6:28 pm

Very often I think I wish to die, or know when and how (I'd like to choose a painless death). But I prefer to live. And the reason is completly stupid! I prefer to live for my computer, the new Playstation games i'd like to play, the movies i'd like to watch, the books I'd like to read... I can't figure out how someone so smart how I am (or people say and tests show) could choose so stupid meaning of life.

applesauce
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2008, 6:08 pm

As someone whose mother has had a form of leukaemia for sixteen or seventeen years, this cuts way too close to home.

My mother is alive and we value that life she has.

Be careful what you wish for. ^_^ There's not much you can do when you're dead, after all.

Apple

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 8:53 pm

I'd like to have a bizarre, infectious, acute illness like Lassa fever or eastern equine encephalitis and survive. That would make a great anecdote ("Ted, that really reminds me of the time I caught the Semlinki Forest virus...")