Lesbian 12%  12%  [ 15 ]
Other 27%  27%  [ 33 ]
Total votes : 121

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 5:46 pm

ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
Like you, BokeKaeru, I was asexual - but attracted to men on a romantic, emotional basis - up till about the age of 30. I'm guessing that I'm just a late bloomer. It was annoying as a teen because guys used to say 'Oh, yeah, she has the hots for me' and I was like, 'No....I love you'. I simply never understood why they always saw my attraction to them as purely sexual, and it hurt big time (quite apart from the fact that they never returned the favor).

But yeah, I've definitely known all along that I'm straight, bevause I've never been attracted to other women in any sense.

Am late bloomer, too-through years where peers were dating (teenagedom & even earlier) was only interested in the idea of (however unrealistic that was, for lack of actual experience) males, attraction to the faces & personalities of nice-seeming guys.

Lust didn't kick in until around age 17 or 18, when I had chances to "fool around" with some guys, one of whom became my first official boyfriend (so I had sex with him). I'm "straight"/hetero-but had worried that I was either non-sexual or a lesbian, because of my initial lack of interest (aversion, repulsion) at participation in the physical aspects of "intimate relations".

Bodily stuff is still difficult issue for me (have both extreme positive & negative reactions, not just one or other), at least now I understand more about sensory problems (hyper-sensitivities). Know what gender & "types" attract me, just have additional obstacles to expressing & implementing that-if you know what I mean.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 11:33 pm

I wonder what other would be... :?

Jenna_Appleseed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Aug 2008, 4:17 pm

bi (in the sense of being attracted to people reguardsless of gender)/ acidentally genderqueer
physically & self identify as female but with more of a male brain / don't conform to the gender stereotype (been described elsewhere as a"butch dyke who (mostly) fancies boys" 8) :lol: )
mostly attracted to men - but also turned on by femine men, mascaline woman and adrogonous models where I can't tell the difference.

other = asexual, eople who view their sexuality as fluid rather than a fixed straight, bi or gay.

ZeroPunk
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Aug 2008, 1:51 pm

Jenna_Appleseed wrote:
mostly attracted to men - but also turned on by femine men, mascaline woman and adrogonous models where I can't tell the difference.

other = asexual, eople who view their sexuality as fluid rather than a fixed straight, bi or gay.

lol, same here

mytimeofday
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Aug 2008, 2:17 pm

New member popping in here--I identify as lesbian.

helene
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Aug 2008, 2:18 am

I am pansexual but I voted bi because it is the closest option in the poll.

Nikky91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2008, 7:47 pm

I tell people I'm straight, but honestly I'm more asexual as I get older. So I voted other.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 9:33 pm

Straight and have many times wished I wasn't.

But I am attracted to men, I don't understand them, they make me insane, and I'm still attracted to them. Like craving chocolate when you know darn well your allergic to it. :lol:

Just wishing all the hormones would hurry up and die off already so that I can get a couple more cats and retain what's left of my sanity.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2008, 5:33 pm

Straight.

Beenthere wrote:
Just wishing all the hormones would hurry up and die off already so that I can get a couple more cats and retain what's left of my sanity.

Lol. It didn't work for me, unfortunately. I wish you better luck :lol:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 12:12 pm

Beenthere wrote:
Straight and have many times wished I wasn't.

But I am attracted to men, I don't understand them, they make me insane, and I'm still attracted to them. Like craving chocolate when you know darn well your allergic to it. :lol:

Same here. I think for me it's more of a power issue. The last guy I was with got more and more mean and controlling so that was it for me. I seem to have only attracted that type. I have a few trust issues with the male gender...I'm not sure why exactly. I'm assuming my AS can also make it hard just to be the type of person who can initiate a relationship and naturally assume where to draw the line in terms of boundaries.

But as odd as this is I've had better skills with being friends with guys than I have with girls.... :?

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 12:59 pm

Bisexual.

I am more sexually attracted to women; but I relate better to men. So, my long term relationships have (almost) always been with men.

-Walt Whitman

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 1:52 pm

Hetrosexual-Asexual.

irishaspie
Toucan
Toucan

09 Oct 2008, 5:42 am

hetrosexual

Purplefluffychainsaw
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2008, 7:24 am

Pansexual - voted other. Gender has never been a constraint on whom I fall in love with.