Aspergians can be great employees

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

whitelightning777
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Aug 2008, 5:12 pm

This happens a lot. I work on computers and other types of machines. These present no problem. Its the people that get in the way or play head games... especially in white collar places.

In factories, in which I work now, they value production, accuracy and attention to detail. In the blue collar world, there are many ex-cons and druggies and so on. While this makes things interesting, we look good by comparision. Most of those types will mess with you for a week or so and will back off if one doesn't REACT AT ALL. If you get into a union, so much the better. If people realize that you aren't going to mess with their tools or try to get them to do your share of the work, that helps too.

The only problem is that the pay is usually terrible to mediocre. Safety is an issue. Basically, the more effeminate the enviroment, the worse my luck is. The more physical stuff to work with (machines, tools, hardware etc) the better the odds are for success. :salut:

I also found this site called http://www.processathome.com. Is this a scam? :?:

FreeSpirit2000
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jan 2010, 8:58 pm

Greentea wrote:
"Problem is, most jobs today ARE office politics,"

Exactly. There's no use in stating once and again all the good working skills that Aspies have. We lack the one skill that is sought in today's work market, everywhere: the skill of manipulating social contact in one's (and one's boss's) favor. Not even all NTs have this ability or can learn it enough to survive in the job market.

As they say "good guys finish last" which is a really true thing in my opinion. Because in order to survive in the corporate world, you have to learn things quickly, you have to truly know what you are doing, you can't ask questions way too much, you should get along with your co-workers really well, you should not act all negative, attract bullying and cause too much drama. Just create a likeable personality for yourself.