Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 5:51 pm

When I was a child someone convinced me that your nose would grow every time you lied. So I'd cover up my nose if I was telling a lie.

Even though i long ago realized that wasn't true, I can still "feel the end of my nose" most times when I tell a lie. Anyone experience something similar

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 6:15 pm

lol yes i once whas looking in a closet (with "video's" in) and i found this film that had much dust on it and i blow on it it so the dust crawld in my nose and everytime i think of the movie (not anymore it stopped a month ago) i smell'd that smelly dust kind of wierd to think about it :)

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 6:16 pm

One of those lies they tell children actually did come true for me!

I have always enjoyed making weird faces in order to make people laugh. This often included crossing my eyes. I also tried to train my eyes so that I could make them go in opposite directions (unsuccessfully) just so that I could make freakier faces.

Now I have a lazy eye and therefore can no longer cross my eyes. I can't prove it, but I have to wonder if all the effort I made to be good at crossing my eyes was a cause of this. I might have stretched the muscle too frequently, thereby weakening it or training it relax more than it's supposed to.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 8:20 pm

^ Woah, I'm never crossing my eyes again.