Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 9:22 am

They are doing some type of construction land clearing today and as such they blocked off all but one route in/out of three roads - this was actually unnecessary as the main reason they blocked them was to pile tree branches on the street rather than in the clearing.

Also because the way they are piling tree branches the only road to take is the one that train tracks run down - Even if there is very valid reason to block 3 of the 4 roads at the same time, they could have easily just piled the branches to the right instead of the left and their would be no issue with the trains

When a train comes down this road its rarely your ordinary wait - the tracks lead to a railyard and the railroad owns this road. So its not uncommon to have a traid idle on the road for 30 minutes. Only to be replaced by another idler soon afterward.

Given this situation don't you think they could have warned the residents in advance? It might take someone 40 minutes longer than normal to drive 10 minutes down the road to pick up their child from day care or reach work. And I know the university daycare charges $4 a minute for every minute you are late after a 15 minute grace period.

not to mention just imagine if an ambulance were needed to reach our houses while this was going - the paramedics would have to climb up the hillside. Or stand there at the road below and shout out how we should help ourselves

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 9:27 am

Well most governments see it that since they are helping the people they can get away with doing something that is easier to them and being lazy with not telling before hand. But they should warn before hand, dont they usualy leave some sort of sighn for a period of time so people can inquire about the date.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 9:33 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Well most governments see it that since they are helping the people they can get away with doing something that is easier to them and being lazy with not telling before hand. But they should warn before hand, dont they usualy leave some sort of sighn for a period of time so people can inquire about the date.

I've only seen that on the major roads. Granted there isn't many of us here, but I know of 4 people who live in my road, myself included, that have major health problems to the extent that an ambulance ride on any given today wouldn't be too great of a shock. Plus there are 6 elderly people.

Sure the odds are greater against an ambulance needing to come here today. But wouldn't it make more sense to make your branch pile to the other side just in case an ambulance or fire truck was needed? If they had done that there would be no reason for them to offer warning because there would be an easy to use route in and out of the area

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 9:37 am

and that is why they should have set up warnings so if there was a risk in doing it that way someone could contact them so the job could be safer. They may have not known how big of a risk it could have been.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 10:10 am

I smell a lawsuit

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 10:16 am

computerlove wrote:
I smell a lawsuit

Great idea, I need the money - government just denied me for medicare. Quick how can I accidentally get hurt? in a way thats very bad but not painful and won't cause me longterm scars or injuries?

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 10:18 am

actually come to think of it, I won't even need to get hurt. If the doctors at the ER were so stupid that they told me I was experiencing psychosis because I gave I was describing a perfect example of a temporal lobe epilepsy seizure after telling them I had a history of temporal lobe seizures and was getting the same creepy feeling I got from seizures in the past, it should be easy to get them to say I'm critically ill when i'm in perfect health. All i'll have to do is tell them that I'm healthy and don't think anything is wrong with me :D

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 10:19 am

That reminds me, one of the things that a lot of oreighn people belive is that Americans will sue anyone for anything. The least that can be done is to find out if you can contact someone to complain that it was indangering the residents.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 10:28 am

Bradleigh wrote:
That reminds me, one of the things that a lot of oreighn people belive is that Americans will sue anyone for anything. The least that can be done is to find out if you can contact someone to complain that it was indangering the residents.

Well that is true. But is it any surprise considering people who need medical assistance can expect to be turned down for medicaid 4 times before they'll ever get it. At which point, they'll likely have thousands of dollars in medical bills they'll never be able to pay for.

Wheras in other countries, there is free health care so people who have serious health problems that prevent them from working don't have to resort to ridiculous lawsuits to keep roofs over their heads and the medicine they need to survive in the cupboard

The only sue-happy people I ever personally know had huge medical debts to injuries that weren't their fault -now that I'm in a similar situation I have to wonder if the reason they were sue happy was solely because they wanted to be able to get treatment for their pain and thats the only way they could get enough money for it.

Of course that doesn't apply to everyone but i'm beginning to think it applies to a lot more of those crazy lawsuits than one would originally think. My credit is going to be forever destroyed in the next 2 months and through no fault of my own - all because of my epilepsy making it impossible for me to work and the government telling me that the $500 I borrowed to pay for my necessities means I have too great a resource to receive any aid and also letting me know that I'm not eligible to apply for unemployment until september for no other reason than that I had been working as a teacher. If I weren't frugal I'd be homeless by now - I haven't been able to work enough to pay my bills since march, hence the reason I don't have a dime to my name that isn't borrowed and now I'm under doctors orders to not work

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 10:35 am

That sounds quite crazy, how can they see credit as a resourse stopping you from recieving aid, credit cards are infact a type of negative cash, and in a way in geting it is like selling a piece of you're financial self. How could they turn down that even though it was nesesary it stops you, lots of people spend credit on things they dont need but if you needed it, what kind of people asses a situation like that and look the other way.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 12:36 pm

Gas money comes to mind.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 1:58 pm

Gamester wrote:
Gas money comes to mind.

Thats one expense i don't have being as my license is suspended until February. At least none of my chaffeurs have asked me for gas money. Which is great considering there is not one business within walking distance of my health - even if I had the energy to walk for longer than 7 minutes there is no where to walk to

19 Aug 2008, 2:05 pm

The city had to close the steel bridge here to put in the new train tracks for the green line that is going to open next fall. They let us knew ahead of time before they did it. It was actually the public transportation that let us knew ahead of time and they are using shuttle buses. I think they are the ones who are putting in the new train line and have to use their own money to put it in but I dunno if the city is helping.