Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 3:38 am

"Tinlin told officers they were for his personal use as he smoked joints as self medication for Asperger’s Syndrome":
http://icwestlothian.icnetwork.co.uk/co ... _page.html

http://www.autscape.org/

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 3:42 am

haha, and what do you think of that?

i never tried to smoke that. how is it like?

PilotPirx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Aug 2008, 4:14 am

tomamil wrote:

Happily I'm living in Amsterdam, where it is more or less legal 8)

It's very relaxing, and you don't lose control as with alcohol.

If you want to experiment in a way allowed by law: Nutmeg (yes, the stuff in your kitchen) has the same effect if you take enough. I tried that once, something of 1/4 of a nutmeg nut, grinded to powder, mixed with water, swallowed will give you some impression. But it makes quite tired, what dope doesn't do to that extend. So have some coffee ready.
(and: IT IS A DRUG. IF YOU ARE ILL, DON'T TAKE IT. TAKE TOO MUCH AND YOU MAY GET INTOXICATED)

8O LEGALIZE IT 8O

Last edited by PilotPirx on 29 Aug 2008, 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 5:20 am

The sheriff (Scottish judge) said:
"The report says there is no medical evidence to support this." (to support the claim that cannabis helps aspies).

I believe otherwise:
1) It is widely documented that cannabis makes people more relaxed and more sociable.
2) It is widely documented that aspies find it hard to relax and to be sociable.
Therefore, I believe cannabis may be beneficial to aspies indeed.

http://www.autscape.org/

Unbeliever
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Aug 2008, 5:24 am

PilotPirx wrote:

Damn you... :P

Axon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Aug 2008, 7:34 am

PilotPirx wrote:
tomamil wrote:

It's very relaxing, and you don't lose control as with alcohol.

If you want to experiment in a way allowed by law: Nutmeg (yes, the stuff in your kitchen) has the same effect if you take enough. I tried that once, something of 1/4 of a nutmeg nut, grinded to powder, mixed with water, swallowed will give you some impression. But it makes quite tired, what dope doesn't do to that extend. So have some coffee ready.

8O LEGALIZE IT 8O

Careful with messing around with nutmeg, as too much of that stuff is poisonous, even deadly (unlike weed, which you just can't overdose on). According to Wikipedia, 10g of nutmeg can be hallucinogenic, while over 25g can be genuinely toxic. And it won't have the same effect of cannabis by the way, as the psychoactive chemicals in nutmeg are quite different.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 8:26 am

nice excuse.

PilotPirx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Aug 2008, 8:48 am

Axon wrote:
Careful with messing around with nutmeg, as too much of that stuff is poisonous, even deadly (unlike weed, which you just can't overdose on). According to Wikipedia, 10g of nutmeg can be hallucinogenic, while over 25g can be genuinely toxic. And it won't have the same effect of cannabis by the way, as the psychoactive chemicals in nutmeg are quite different.

good point

I've added a warning to my post.

They are not identical, but the relaxation is quite similar. Though it's lacking some features of Marihuana, like the intense senses for music and colors. Still it's nearer to dope, than to alcohol and gives one some idea of the effects.
It's main disadvantage (together with being toxic) is, that it makes you very tired.
I definitely wouldn't recomend it's usage, and it's a quite boring drug.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 11:18 am

Making a plant illegal is the stupidest thing ever, whether it is toxic or not (pot is NOT). But Weed does help me act more NT to an extent, so I agree that it can be used medically for asperger's by some individuals.

PilotPirx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Aug 2008, 11:37 am

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
Making a plant illegal is the stupidest thing ever, whether it is toxic or not (pot is NOT). But Weed does help me act more NT to an extent, so I agree that it can be used medically for asperger's by some individuals.

Agree.

There are many plants in every garden, highly dangerous and can be used as drugs, like Angel's Trumpet. The Magick Mushrooms grow in nearly every country.
Alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs of all, very addictive, toxic, damaging health & brain. But it's part of our "culture", so it's legal.

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 12:43 pm

I wish they would legalize it. It was pretty liberal in the 70's and could find ample varieties then. My favorite was tye or ty-stick not sure how that was spelled and hash as well as columbian gold, not sure of those names or varieties very much, just the taste. It has an opposite effect on me though. Instead of tired, it give me energy and instead of the munchies, it curbs my appetite. In my case I guess that would increase energy as with depression and control weight gain though I don't have a weight problem. I like it because it increases creativity and I also enjoy the process of rolling, smoking, and the overall value of its aroma. Only the good stuff though. It's been a long while. :roll:

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 4:03 pm

Can't-abis topic

No thanks. I do not need social drugs! :P :mrgreen:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 7:55 pm

KenG wrote:
"Tinlin told officers they were for his personal use as he smoked joints as self medication for Asperger’s Syndrome":

LOL! He should move to Mendocino County, California, after he gets out of jail. Just driving through Ukiah gets you stoned. People have a dozen doctor cards, and in Mendo each card is good for 25 plants (as opposed to 6 under California's Proposition 215). The young people actually make so much money growing pot that the few legit businesses in Ukiah can't find workers. But hey, it's a very very happy happy place, and the mini markets sell lots of snacks. If you want to be permanently stoned, go there. Everybody else is so high that they won't notice your Aspergers.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 9:54 pm

Ah Cannabis.. its a medicine and has been since ancient time.. and raw hemp seeds are one of thee healthiest things that you can eat, because they have a fatty acid that you cant get from anything else. Dont forget you can make acid free paper.. pollutant free engine oil..
And.. its illegal :roll: alcohol kill speople and Cannabis kills NO one.. it would only kill the money of the bankers if it was legal still.. because it was the #1 largest trade item for a long time.. they started realising just how much you could do with hemp.

It would be too hard to control hemp since anyone would be able to grow it.

http://www.illuminati-news.com/marijuana-conspiracy.htm

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2008, 10:14 pm

I use hemp oil for its Omega-6 fatty acids. Very good stuff indeed!

The world would be a much happier, cleaner place, if only.

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

31 Aug 2008, 9:48 pm

I have seriously considered getting cannibis as a true way to help my overthinking etc, I really do wish it wasn't illegal here, I find it really unfair to ban a NATURAL substance