I can't make a friend that will actually stick around

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

GodsWonder
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Oct 2008, 8:55 pm

My entire life I was never able to make an actual friend, someone that treats me like a friend and actually stick around for a while. I recently met another aspie who is a year younger then me and he was the first person that I though was going to be my first true friend. We were both looking for friends and when we first me we were both excited and he was a good friend for the first two weeks and he would talk to me on IM a lot and every thing seemed like it was going great. Now he rarely talks to me and always talks to my younger sister who is 3 years younger then him, which I think is really weird and they only ever met eachother once. I know he has been looking for a girlfriend but seriously, come on. Now I am really depressed especially because I thought that he was going to be my best friend and I thought he would be the first to stick around. If I loose this friendship then I am just going to completely give up on trying to make friends because I know that it will inevitably be short lived and never amount to anything because it has been proven time and time again. I am so sick of this, why can't I get anyone to ever stick around?

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 10:43 pm

I've felt like you do before.
I can think of three dear friends who I only talk to once in a while, but they are still dear friends.
My point is, a good friend need not be constantly with you to be a good friend.

If you want to make friends, just try to be positive. It's easier said than done, but being cheerful is a rather attractive quality.
Take what you can get. You can't expect every friend to be the best friend you've imagined.
Good luck