Page 2 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ACG
Raven
Raven

24 Nov 2005, 7:58 am

danlo wrote:
Hmmm, that Enneagram test is ok. http://similarminds.com/advtest.html
I got a 9: "Nines are calm, laid-back, and optimistic. They are able to see everyone's point of view and have a natural desire for peace. Nines are effective mediators. Fearful of conflict and separation from others, they can be too accommodating."
I'd consider that a pretty accurate description of myself.

I came out a Self-Pres 4 on that test. However, you should definitely look at the distribution of the nine types and keep the following in mind. According to Enneagram theory, a person has a main type (in the example the 4 -- that's all they tell you) and strong aspects of one (or both) of the two types adjacent to it modulo 9 (called wings).

According to my tests, I had

Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 42%
->Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||| 69%
->Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||| 62%
->Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||| 65%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||| 26%

as the biggest three types. This would hint at a possible 5 main type with two strong wings. Had I been a 4 main type, there would probably have been at least some indication of a slightly enhanced 3 component (which was not the case: the 3 was third from the bottom). This would likely put me as a 5w4 (a 5 with a 4 wing). I often test as 4w5, 5w4, 5w6, or 6w5.

I actually am quite familiar with the Enneagram, and according to the several Enneagram junkies I know I am a so/sx/sp 5w6 -- given the maybe 10% noise level due to circumstances each time you take the test, this is a distinct possibility given what I got.

Note also that a stressed person whose core type is a 5 may act like a 7, a stressed person whose core type is 9 may act like a 6, and a stressed person whose core type is 6 may act like a 3. A relaxed, high-functioning 5 may act like an 8, a high-functioning 6 may act like a 9, and a high-functioning 4 may act like 1.

I've always seen the "social introvert" (so/*/* 9, so/*/* 5, and so/*/* 4) as an Aspie-ish type: desperate for social interaction yet introverted, so it's hard for him because of shyness and inexperience. They can't bear to be alone, yet they can't bear to be with people.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2005, 8:12 am

Perhaps it is. I always considered non-AS autistics to be sp/so rather than the other way around, for the most part. AS are more like you say, but other autistics are often correspondingly more reserved and disinterested in socializing.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2005, 9:23 am

I got an Aspie score of 142 and a non-autistic score of 59. It says I'm very likely an aspie.

One thing to point out though, some questions, such as recognizing body language, are things that can be learned and some aspies do learn these things, so that would in theory lower the score if they answer honestly.

Just a thought.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2005, 9:27 am

I took it again. I know the first time I got 158. I don't remember my nonautistic score.

This time...

Aspie Score: 151
Nonautistic Score: 56

I am very likely an Aspie. (I coulda told you that.)

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2005, 9:44 am

5 57 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy: 81%
6 48 I must be secure and safe to be happy: 69%
1 46 I must be perfect and good to be happy: 66%
9 44 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy: 63%
3 37 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy: 53%
8 37 I must be strong and in control to be happy: 52%
4 32 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy: 46%
7 20 I must be high and entertained to be happy: 29%
2 19 I must be helpful and caring to be happy: 27%

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2005, 10:09 am

I've done this quiz a few times now over the past couple of months (it was posted on another forum). My scores have been:

124as/82nt
98as/107nt
113as/90nt

It seems like AS hits me a lot harder, clamps down on certain brain areas more at times (it's very cyclical) in terms of outgoing communication (verbal and nonverbal), ability to outwardly use my social skills and knowledge, and overload/sensory issues. That's probably the reason for the different scores. I'll have to try the quiz again over the next while with that in mind and see if I'm right.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2005, 1:47 pm

Mark wrote:
Quote:
Your Aspie score: 141
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66
You are very likely an Aspie

But, with questions such as
Quote:
Are you sensitive to electromagnetic fields?
Do you have dandruff?
Do you think leather is sexy?
Did you have freckles as a child?

I am not sure what this quiz is actually measuring!

You should keep in mind that the scores are not calculated
by using all questions, and nor do '2' give you highest scores
on all questions. None of the mentioned questions contribute
to your score (possibly except for sensitivity to electromagentic
fields which seems to be much more common in Aspies).

Mark
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Nov 2005, 2:13 pm

rdos wrote:
You should keep in mind that the scores are not calculated
by using all questions, and nor do '2' give you highest scores
on all questions. None of the mentioned questions contribute
to your score (possibly except for sensitivity to electromagentic
fields which seems to be much more common in Aspies).

I though that the em-field question was actually quite clever, since almost everyone *should* answer yes to that (and even if you have no functional photo-receptors, you can probably still sense infra-red radiation), but most people probably wouldn't think of this unless AS, a geek, a Physicist, or combinations thereof :)

mathogre
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Nov 2005, 6:13 pm

Your Aspie score: 159
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35

ACG
Raven
Raven

24 Nov 2005, 9:40 pm

Incidentally, my father -- who I always thought had a lot of the Asperger's eccentricities (to the point where many people suspected AS and have mentioned that he and I have many similarities) took the test.

The result? 32. He's about as NT as humanly possible.

If Asperger's is genetic, it doesn't seem to have affected me (my mother's probably an Enneagram 8/ENFJ, so I doubt she's an Aspie...)

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2005, 12:30 am

[quote="Mark]I though that the em-field question was actually quite clever, since almost everyone *should* answer yes to that (and even if you have no functional photo-receptors, you can probably still sense infra-red radiation), but most people probably wouldn't think of this unless AS, a geek, a Physicist, or combinations thereof :)[/quote]

:)

A problem with the em-question is a lot of people giving '?' answer. But, still, I think it is not too uncommon to be Aspie and sensitive to computer screens and alike. I for one am, but have managed first by always using black background colors and low intensity when there were no LCDs, and now I only use good screens I know I can handle or LCDs.

TuDoDude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2005, 1:06 am

Your Aspie score: 161
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 37

ACG wrote:
What do you think of this test?

> http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php
> >
> > Unlike the Simon Baron-Cohen autism test, this one
> > focuses on a wide range of factors including
> > physiology.
> >

Someone who's extremely geeky and extremely introverted (who I assumed was HFA or AS -- 5 on the Enneagram) came out with low scores:

> > Here's what I got:
> > Your Aspie score: 48
> > Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 132

I figured she had many of my personality traits, but when I took the test, I was in for a surprise:

> Your Aspie score: 122
> Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 69
> You are very likely an Aspie

Whatever it tests, it manages to discriminate between people who are just shy/geeky and true autism spectrum people (though a sample of 2 doesn't often help).

Do you buy it?

ACG

fionaban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Nov 2005, 11:11 am

this is wot i got:
Your Aspie score: 23
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 180

I think that some ppl r being disagosed with AS cos it pays some ppl who r empolyed 2 support aspies. i have been officaly disonsed with AS and since then i have been told by 2 ppl that i haven't got AS. wot do u think bout this? i think this is very worrying that ppl r beind disnogsed as haveing AS 2 create Jobs. wot r ur thoughts on this?
God Bless
Fiona (Fionaban)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him will not die but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2005, 11:30 am

fionaban wrote:
this is wot i got:
Your Aspie score: 23
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 180

I think that some ppl r being disagosed with AS cos it pays some ppl who r empolyed 2 support aspies. i have been officaly disonsed with AS and since then i have been told by 2 ppl that i haven't got AS. wot do u think bout this? i think this is very worrying that ppl r beind disnogsed as haveing AS 2 create Jobs. wot r ur thoughts on this?
God Bless
Fiona (Fionaban)

Can't tell. But I wouldn't doubt that there's some professionals who are somewhat overly focused on AS and therefore see it in just about everyone that comes through their door. I think this happens with every disorder and one professional or another.

But as for you, individually, fiona, I don't know. I've never met you. Hard to tell unless one would speak with the professional who diagnosed you.

fionaban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Nov 2005, 11:37 am

i using my example i know of others slimmar examples i do belive that some ppl r more motvated by mony than doing their job right and honesly, i would hope this would stay in the Private setcor (bussiness). i think it it very worring that it has going into pressonals disnogsing and supporting ppl with AS.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him will not die but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2005, 11:41 am

fionaban wrote:
i using my example i know of others slimmar examples i do belive that some ppl r more motvated by mony than doing their job right and honesly, i would hope this would stay in the Private setcor (bussiness). i think it it very worring that it has going into pressonals disnogsing and supporting ppl with AS.

No, actually I think they're more motivated by arrogance and that they can never be wrong. I've met too many of those in my long line of MISdiagnoses. :?

They can make just as much money testing and interviewing you and then diagnosing you with something else. But Aspergers is "in" right now as well.