Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 5:00 pm

Hi, All,

Just found this site yesterday, and was up all night reading it.

Don't know if I have AS or not, but a lot of the posters' histories echo my own.

I took the quiz, and scored thus:

Your Aspie score: 96 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 114 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Sorry--I don't know how to post the image (is there a thread which details this?).

Anyway, I just wanted to greet everyone who "thinks differently", which I've known to be true for me from childhood (I'm 43 now) until present day. I just don't understand what makes people tick, despite my best efforts to "fit in" or mimic them--they seem so erratic to me. Perhaps there's a method to their madness?

Okay, back to lurk-mode for a while.

Bill

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 6:14 pm

Very pleased to meet you, Bill.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 6:24 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 6:32 pm

Hi Bill, congratulations on de-lurking for a while.

HD3H
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 7:24 pm

Welcome 8)

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 7:32 pm

Hi, and thanks for the warm fuzzies!

I took the quiz again, this time from the perspective of how I might have answered the questions when I was 15 y.o.

Without further ado, here's the basic summary:

Your Aspie score: 117 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 86 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

But wow, the shape of the plot is nearly the same, except for a couple points which push me more toward the NT side now, but at what I consider to be a horrible cost. I'l try to make these available as soon as I figure out the tech details.

I still don't know what to make of all this, but for the first time in my life feel that there may be an explanation as to why I've always been an "outlier" (statistically) and a "nerd" (socially and athletically). If prudent, I'll seek professional Dx, although I doubt there is any Rx at this point in my life--"I yam what I yam."

Yow, what a strange couple of days it has been since I found WP--never imagined that I might actually be SICK... :jocolor:

At any rate, glad to have found a forum where the discourse is mostly civil--a rarity on the internet these days. Kudos to the moderators! :hail:

Bill

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 8:32 pm

Asperger's is not an illness -- you are not sick. Our brains are wired differently than NTs -- different does not equal bad.

The FAQ's are in the WrongPlanet.net discussion forum near the bottom of the Forum Index.

Welcome to WP! :)

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 9:55 pm

CelticRose wrote:
Asperger's is not an illness -- you are not sick. Our brains are wired differently than NTs -- different does not equal bad.

Hi, CelticRose,

I'm sorry if my previous post offended anyone--I know that AS isn't an "illness".

I try to resort to humor (or at least what I think passes for such) when I'm stressed, but it doesn't always play well.

Is that maybe a symptom of AS: When everyone is cracking jokes and having fun, and then you crack a joke, and the whole room goes into dead silence and/or dagger-laden stares, and you don't understand why?

Been there, done that.

Anyway--I'm so far glad to have found WP. It's kept my mind off suicide for a couple days at least!

Regards,
B.