Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Flaxibon
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jan 2006, 8:56 pm

im unique... well im not as unique as i thought i was... but im unique :D.. I think its gotta be a combination of stuff yknow!

Survivor231
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2006, 11:29 pm

What sets me apart is the fact that I can sing well, and that, even at 14, I'm 6' 2"

Also, my hair is always a tangled mess

Spriteling
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jan 2006, 6:30 am

What makes me unique is the fact that I like to memorise pi.

o/

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2006, 3:00 pm

At school I'm mainly remembered as the quiet, kind, and weird person (since I can't read some social cues or some slang terms). I also have a higher-than-average vocabulary, and my clothes are tomboyish; some people who do not observe closely enough think I'm a boy sometimes. I don't purposely dress like a boy, but sometimes I just look like one to some. It's kind of discouraging, but it's good to know that most people at school know I'm a girl.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2006, 8:20 pm

Remember: we're all the same because we're all different. :D

No, but really, everything about me is long. My legs, torso, arms, hands - especially fingers! (my brother says I have witch fingers), hair, ect. My eyes are distinct too - they change colors depending how much sleep I've had or need - and I have a way of curling up in a patch of sunlight that makes them turn completely yellow. People tell me I look like a zombie when I do that, and I guess zombies are pretty distinct.

Other than that, I can mimic voices, especially Gollum's off of LOTR, and I have a tendency to pick up a strong Southern accent when I get upset or when I'm telling a story. (I used to live in Georgia, and I never quite lost the accent.) My goal is to pick up a NJ accent of my vacation over the summer. :D Just to confuse the heck out of people.

I also randomly go off on tangents. I'm on one right now. :)

Three years!

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 May 2006, 7:02 am

Well what make me uniquie?

Now, lets looky:

How i dress, we have a uniform, but i am normally to be found with a hat covering my ears and an blue fleese. or a green fleace nothing else but. out of school, i wear my lion colord hoddie, and my hat, and normally 3/4 lenth genes

What i know: a ton of useless facts about everything form the nuclear reactors used in amrican navel vessles and submirine (woo S6G) to the print porcesses used to make a box of cerial (ofset lithograhy)

What i do: I ride my bike (off building fromt time to time) I write websites (www.drop-off.co.uk) i program, i suck on my dum dum, i snuggle lion, i snuggle my blakey. I Paint warhammer (badly!!)

What i am like: i am semi-mute and normally quiet, however when i do get connfident i tend to get over confident and appear arrangant. I a AS of sorts, and i am slightly mad.

What i like: numbers, computers, aspieness, my bikes, my dum dum, lion, my tether.

does that do what ya want?

jammie

PS: i didn't even mention martial arts!

$lion = "constant";
$lil_lion = "escape";
$baby = "dum dum, babo";
$jammie = $lion."sheepy and my comforts";

$jamie = $lion.$lil_lion.$baby.$jammie;
?>

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2006, 7:24 pm

i don't think i'm really unique, other than how i dress. i'm like a box of those super-colorful jellybeans. i mix some pretty absurd patterns too. but somehow it always works...

i'm also obsessed with clothes, and i play ice hockey. and i'm a girl. i also accidentally wore two different earrings once - it was pretty funny actually

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2006, 2:41 pm

Let's see...
Probably the random Xanthron references.
The random facts I memorize. I think this is pretty common among Aspies(from internet research) but I haven't found anyone else who really uses it.
At my school, it is definitly my (comparitively) liberal outlook, that I don't want to drive, (Almost 17, still don't have permit) and that I am really not interested in any relationship with the opposite sex at the moment...
Well, the last one isn't exactly true. There is only one female at my school who zi would consider having a relationship with, but I don't have any classes with her or know her very well.

ion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2006, 6:46 pm

Any of these traits might not be unique, but together they may be a bit more so.
- I am utilitarian, I can see what use any thing has, and what is useless, and what tool is best for what job, and what most people fail, that there's a difference between a tool and it's use.
- I am detached, I don't take sides, I can see all sides of anything and remain neutral, my mind is open for new ideas without clinging to believes or prejudice, I use the tools that the job demands.
- I think visually, kind of like Tesla did, being able to visualize everything very detailed and vividly. I use this to my advantage.
I have a bit of synaesthesia, I don't confuse senses, but I often say stuff like "It tastes blue with a hint of cat and pine tree" or "This part of the song sounds like a lemon and sitting down in a sofa." and stuff like that (which confuses the hell out of some people ;) ).
- I'm a geardo, admiring things for their intrinsic qualities.
- I have willpower almost like a Jedi, once beating a friend who works as a carpenter and were way stronger than me, in arm wrestling while barely tensing my muscles and just concentrating on not giving in. Then I levitated a pop bottle from the fridge into my hand.
No, just kidding ;)
- I master the art of playing dumb to manipulate people.
- I cut my own hair, and I'm pretty good at it.
- I dress mostly in military surplus clothes.
(They are made to work rather than to break as soon as possible.
This makes people think I'm violent, which I'm not. I do recognise violence as a tool, though. By looking 'hard' and still holding up doors and helping old ladies over the streeet, I search to challenge peoples prejudice and make them think twice.)

PeppaPig
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2006, 3:54 pm

Spriteling wrote:

o/

Me too! 3.14159265358979323846264338327

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

21 May 2006, 8:28 pm

Some of the relatively rare facts about me (because there has to be SOMEONE else on the planet with at least one of them):

-I know over three hundred breeds of dog well enough that I can recite something about their general looks, function, history, and personality, as well as recognize them on sight.
-When I don't remember to think about it, I occasionally exhibit canine body language rather than human.
-I have ridges running along the sides of my head, so that my head is almost square.
-I can twitch my ears.
-I can read at a speed of over two pages per minute.
-My limbs are normal length, but my torso is very short, so that my middle fingers can almost reach my knees when I slump.
-My face is spotted--not freckles, but perhaps half a dozen clearly defined dark brown marks spread along my left cheek. My left arm has about two dozen of these marks as well, and my right arm has another six.
-My eyes are blue with a ring of light yellow in the middle.
-I look like no one on either side of my family for at least two generations.
-My accent tends to change according to what I am listening to.
-Local anesthetic does not remove my ability to feel, but it does remove my ability to move the injected area.
-My left eye is nearly twice as near-sighted as my right eye.
-My night vision is phenomenal.

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2006, 9:59 pm

Things that combine to make me relatively uncommon:

~I've been reading since just past two and a half, and as a result have a good sense of English linguistics.
~I can remember uncanny amounts about dog psychology and breed histories, although not as much as I used to. (Sola, coud you give some examples of the canine body language you've used? Some of it is kind of similar to human body language.)
~I know a fair amount about human psychology, and seem to have an almost instinctive knack for understanding it.
~The sentence immediately above only applies to theory. I'm not even slightly good at dealing with people on a person-to-person basis, although am attempting to work on this and improve myself.
~I have an unusual attraction to names. As in, the concept of naming something. I love hearing town names, project names, code names - and am interested in the concept of naming a person; the idea of giving someone a label that they carry (or use an edited version of) for the rest of their life is quite fascinating to me.
~I tend to talk too much when I'm tired.
~I'm mostly quiet and withdrawn when in public, but have occasional 'social' moods that give me confidence and make me want to talk to people.
~I can make quite a good vegetarian lasagna.

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 10:22 pm

Oh, things I forgot:
I'm good at making up languages and such. I am also fairly good with with words.
I tend to exibit Ictylan view points and emotions.
I feel a closer relation to fish, especially sharks, than I do to humans.
I feel as comfortable in water as I do on land.
Other stuffs I just lost. I had them on my mind, but they... slipped away...

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2006, 4:44 pm

Mostly,because of the way I dress,how I act,my opinions and beliefs,and my outlook on life and people.

-SpaceCase

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2006, 4:12 am

Spriteling wrote:

o/

Same here! When I was 13 I memorized 128 digits of pi.

My appearance used to be very distinctive. From 4th grade until 11th grade my hair was extremely long. In 9th grade I actually wore a business suit to high school (yes, a business suit), partly to celebrate my having taught myself calculus. I wanted to look smart. It was very gauche of me, I know.

Like a drop of blood in a tank of flesh-eating piranhas, a new idea never fails to arouse the wrath of herd prejudice.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2006, 3:41 pm

I'm 19, and still to this day walk on my toes. I never knew this was an Aspie thing until recently, but I don't know of anyone else who does it, and I haven't read any other Aspie on here say they do it. I think it may be more common in younger children- who knows? At any rate, my way of walking is distinct because of that. I also walk with my feet turned inward. Another interesting thing is that my arms almost reach down to my knees. I have strange proportions like that. Every other person's arms are at their thighs, but not mine. I've often wondered if this says something about my development gone wrong. I also am one of only three left-handers in my entire family, and the other two are cousins of my mother's, so their genetics probably came from outside the gene pool that affected me (indeed, the one cousin has a mother married into my family that has a lot of lefties), so I believe that this also says something about how my brain circuitry got messed up. (My mom took very good care of herself, so I just don't understand what went wrong...) I also am physically unable to drink water. It makes me gag.
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?