27 Nov 2008, 6:16 pm

I just found a great song:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhScvPYXunc[/youtube]

just watch

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 10:28 pm

I've always been obsessed with music. I remember back when I first got into Metallica YEARS ago....they were the ONLY band I would listen to for 3 strait years. Every day of the week I'd wear a different Metallica shirt, draw their logos on everything, read every article/book/bio I could find and I still know every lyric to every song they have ever wrote. I kind have branched out since then...but yeah. Its rare that I come across a song I could listen to over and over as you all say you do, but currently the one that holds my interest is Katatonia's "Displaced". Its a rare track.......but I love it. That and their other rare song "Dissolving Bonds".

Anyone else catagorize their cds in alphabetical order and in the year each album from a particular band was released?

To3To3
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Nov 2008, 11:16 pm

What's weird about that? If it's your passion, it's your passion.

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 1:47 am

Katatonic wrote:
Anyone else catagorize their cds in alphabetical order and in the year each album from a particular band was released?

Yeah, but, at least the alphabetical by band, wouldn't most folks with a large collection organize it that way. They got to be organized somehow.

macushla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Nov 2008, 3:21 am

I play repetitive fiddle tunes in the Oldtime tradition (and occasionally Irish or Quebecois traditions) on fiddle, clawhammer banjo, mandolin, hammered dulcimer, and most recently Anglo concertina.

I tend to only listen to recordings of music when I'm trying to put a tune, a technique for playing a tune, or a mannerism within a style of music into my head for playing on an instrument.
That might be several hours a day, but the rest of my waking hours I also enjoy long periods of silence.

I can read music but the bulk of my fiddle tunes I've tried to learn by ear.
I find it an interesting challenge.

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 3:42 am

i'm so obessed that no one i've ever met in real life knows as much in depth knowledge on how to create music as i do...it intimidates people sometimes lol x

ReGiFroFoLa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2008, 4:00 am

Kris94 wrote:
Ok so i was wondering

Music is my interest. I listen to it all the time, 24 hours a day. I go to sleep with headphones on sometimes
I REALLY dont like people making fun of the band i like which are (Ill name 3)

Smashing Pumpkins
This is a great band. I love the song zero, Its the best song in the world. I could listen to it (and i do) over and over again...

The Cure
This is the best band in the world. Period.

Pearl jam
JEREMY SPOKEN IN, CLASS TODAY!! !

(line from my fav jam song)

Im addicted to music, Am i weird?

I mean ive listened to one song about 4000 times and im still not bored with it :|

Addicted I am as well! My life would be miserable without the liquid melody, which fullfills my brain...

Smashing Pumpkins You say? Pearl Jam? Quite grunge to me - awsome. (I like them too) But I love Nirvana=D And many, many, many bands that are not connected to each other in no way, only through the fact that they all use guitars and drums... Vines, Arctic Monkeys, Enter Shikari, Klaxons, Horrors, White Stripes, ZZ Top, Queens Of The Stone Age, The 69 Eyes, Placebo, Cribs, Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead; I even ocasionally enjoy metal... Mix - total mix! :twisted:

But to me - music is something mystical, something powerful - something that helps me control and cause my multiple emotions... I couldn't stick only to one ganere...

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 8:59 am

MR wrote:
Katatonic wrote:

Yeah, but, at least the alphabetical by band, wouldn't most folks with a large collection organize it that way. They got to be organized somehow.

i organise my CDs by the colour of the case, it starts from white cases to pink cases to red cases, goes through all of the rainbow up to purple, then browns to gold and silver to grey to finally black...it looks cool ^.^ x

SMARTIE
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2008, 9:08 am

I have been obsessed with music for as long as I can remember.
I can play many different instruments, and was in the orchestra and choirs throughout school.
I would spend hours in my bedroom at home either listening to music, practising, taping myself playing and then playing different scores with myself. 8O

I now love sitting in cathedrals when a service is on, and love the sound at xmas carol services.

I also have many many CD's, of varying types of music which I listen to over and over again .
I am also very particular about the sound quality and have spent quite a bit on my in-car sound system to make sure its just right :wink:

LuckyBunny
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2009, 2:15 am

I can't go out anywhere without my mp3 player! I'm into loads of different genres, but I have a few firm favourites. For example, I have everything Linkin Park's ever done - literally everything, from demos when they were called Xero, to live shows, to the LPU material.

I'm also a big lover of Metallica, Staind, Sash, Dire Straits, Bon Jovi, Enigma and Holly Brook.

I tend to 'gravitate' towards a 6/4 rhythm pattern, examples like LP - From the Inside, Staind - Everything Changes and Fort Minor - The Hard Way are among my favourites, probably for that reason alone. Also, I listen more to the hi-hat than any other sound.

I've noticed that I tend to relate in some way to the majority of the lyrics of my favourite music. A few examples of music that I relate to:

Nine Inch Nails - Wish
Staind - Please (* for my ex *)
Holly Brook - Curious
Metallica - Fade to Black (* When I'm low *)
Metallica - The Unforgiven (* all 3 of them, but the first in particular *)
Linkin Park - Lying From You (* along with most of their other songs *)

I enjoy playing my guitar, but I'm not all that good at it. I also enjoy 'beatboxing', which I tend to annoy people with.

((((hugs))))

~Loving Light~

Liresse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Feb 2009, 2:32 am

I most enjoy listening to a variety of Christian music, in particular Sons of Korah (they sing the psalms!!). My general music taste is otherwise pretty generic - pop, easy listening, folk, maybe lounge, the sort of thing they put on in dental surgeries to make the patient calm. Maybe because it tends to be played non-loudly.

However... I have an obsession with Nightwish (symphonic/operatic Finnish metal). It does not have to be one of their better songs for me to be obsessed about it, or even a song in English.

I'm pretty sure I'm more obsessed with Nightwish than any other music, even though I like SoK better. I can even fall asleep listening to Nightwish, as long as my MP3 player is on the lowest possible sound level and the earplugs are on the pillow (not in my ears). (Maybe it's this way because SoK makes me awake and interested and fascinated, while Nightwish is overoveroverfamiliar...) Nightwish is practically a fixation for me. Anette...Tarja...Tuomas...

Other than Nightwish, I have no interest in any metal/rock bands whatsoever. I am completely unfamiliar with Linkin Park/other? and probably wouldn't even recognise a song from there if you played it to me (etc). Figure that one out heh.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 4:03 am

Obsessed with music? I guess you could say that.
I've listened to Thursday 1,666 times according to my last.fm page.
I go everywhere with my ipod touch.
And next week I've got 3 days full of live music to watch.

MegaAndy
Toucan
Toucan

16 Feb 2009, 4:39 am

most people are addicted to music its very normal

macushla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2009, 12:48 pm

If I understand what everyone here is saying, only a small number of us here enjoy music enough to make it ourselves.

The rest of the people here make no attempt to actually make music.

They only use the music other people make

and they use it as a noise to block out the world.

TheEvolutionOfLife
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2009, 12:54 pm

By Aspie music obsessions you do mean Soundtracks and Wrestling Themes right?

I listen to plenty of that crap including as of late global toon tunes from intros. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaKeFvb3guw&fmt=22[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktWOTZhfPos&fmt=18[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt2BwSWC_XA[/youtube]

Last edited by TheEvolutionOfLife on 16 Feb 2009, 1:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Feb 2009, 1:02 pm

Even though autistic, shyness has never been my trait. That's because from a very early age I was trained to perform on stage, classical music performance and drama. I developed a consciousness that we are all actors on the stage of life and God is watching the performance and it is all meant for entertainment, and it is up to each one of us to do a superb job. I was constantly told to be a ham, to be eccentric in the European sense to get a "personality" and more "publicity" for my music performance career, to project emotion and passion and power to the farthest reaches of huge concert halls, to move people and connect with them through the emotion in music. Same for acting in plays.

These are diametrically opposite instructions to my native inclinations but being a good student I followed the instructions and became a great musician and leader. However, I'm still autistic so I'm a weird combo of characteristics. Needless to say I quit music as soon as I possibly could -- the pressure and emphasis were utterly alien to my nature although the music itself I love.

The ability to speak in front of anything or anybody is still there. No nervousness at all. However, I have tremendous performance anxiety before going to work if it's shift work in a medical facility because I don't want to make any mistakes, and being around a lot of ppl and having to "perform" in daily life is very difficult. One of my Aspie blessings is I've never cared at all what anybody thinks of me -- all I care about is what God & Guru think of me, and what I think of me, and whether I'm doing a good job. Facts, logic, truth.

Passion and emotion are bottled up in my fingers for when I take up music again.

Indulging my true autistic nature and trance obsession with music, I've been collecting mantras / kirtan / bhajan / requiem recordings for 35 years. These are very powerful soothing bliss-inducing chants that repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat ... and I've got them on an iPod on Bose speakers so 100s of awesome carefully selected tracts repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat ....

.... so I set it to "shuffle" and it cycles through uplifting elevating ecstasy saturated with the Holy Ghost repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat and I can rock out all day, alone in my sanctuary, rocking and flapping and being utterly and completely happy.