Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 6:14 am

Its awesome! Totally love Hugh Laurie!

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 6:59 am

i liked the original series.
in that series, house was always right. i know that is unrealistic, but it is nice to imagine someone so intelligent, that they think on a level far beyond the next best thinker.

i like that the "hero" figure (house) is so different from the stereo typical "look" of the hero type (ultra healthy and facially attractive and clean cut and athletic) . house looks bedraggled and untidy and mildly unkempt. he is physically disabled and he is addicted to a narcotic, and has an unfriendly attitude...and he is the most impressive person in the show.

but the newer series portrays him as fallible (i think that there may be new people in management of the show that wish to take it in a "fresh" direction).

there are now "romantic" scenes that i find very cheap. it is like a tried and true recipe to put a pretty and smart girl in a room with a handsome smart boy, and then prolong the scenes where they are just looking at each other. it is irksomely trite.

also they even had house appear in his boxer shorts answering the door to show that his body is good looking. i think there are new elements in the new series that i am disappointed with.

but i still watch it if it is on in the background.

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2008, 7:19 pm

I honestly enjoy to see House fallible.

I got sick of him always being right.

Part of that though may have had to do with his old team and new team.

An intriguing series. It's like a watching a murder mystery.

Regards
GM

trgd__15
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2008, 4:04 pm

I always watch the show on Tuesday and I've been downloading tons of episodes on my laptop.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 4:24 pm

I just saw the episode "House's Head", where he's in a road accident and suffers a four-hour memory gap. The surprise ending absolutely blew my mind! The episode received an average rating of 9.7 (out of 10!) on IMDb.

An interesting companion to the series is the site Medical Reviews of House.

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Nov 2008, 9:46 pm

Saw last ep of Season 5 last night. Incredible, truly incredible.

Dogtanian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2008, 7:12 am

I like the programme.

It's not one I'm a huge fan of and must watch every episode, but I do enjoy watching it now when it's on.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2008, 11:27 pm

You really need to start with Mr. Noun and Ms. Verb and put them together so they can do their thing.

Puppet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Dec 2008, 10:57 am

I used to love watching the series, but due to some minor annoyances I just no longer feel like watching it.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2008, 11:46 am

grammatical failings in this thread notwithstanding, I think this is the only series in which I'm a shipper. I really want Cuddy and House to hook up.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 2:39 pm

b9 wrote:

also they even had house appear in his boxer shorts answering the door to show that his body is good looking.

Well, the poor guy probably never dreamed of becoming a heartthrob, so why not let him show that there is a part of his body worth looking at? The dude didn't even look good when he was young. Although, I would have figured they'd show him answering the door in his boxers to show that he's a slob.

I like the show, then I feel guilty for liking it because I'm most enjoying how rude he is. The shows I don't like are the ones where the answer turns out to be something just horrible. You know the ones. There are plenty.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 3:06 pm

My wife can't stand the show because the Gregory House character is so mean and cynical. Strange ... I'm a loyal fan for the very same reasons ... :wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.