Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 1:17 pm

Double-Double topic

Love anything with caffeine--coffee, tea, hot chocolate, an Tylenol Ultra. NOT energy drinks, as the other ingredients have nasty effect. :x

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 1:55 pm

Speaking of Coffee, I have no serious or problematic aftereffects as, I don't get jittery or anything of that nature.Yes, I realise a great many people can be affected by caffeine in various manners. These days I have one cup of coffee and I'm done for, that is all that I willfully choose.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 2:00 pm

Caffeine makes me very calm, and happy. I don't know why, but it always has. I can't get enough of it. :coffee:

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 5:01 pm

Coffee and too much caffine in general is a major no-no for me. It exacerbates my anxiety. I also get dehydrated incredibly fast too, so it makes me fell very unwell.

I also hate the taste of coffee. But mocha is quite nice. I do love a weak cup of tea though. :)

And in the passing of momentary stillness.
We can see our chaos in motion.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 6:13 pm

I can't function without at least one cup of coffee a day. Simple as that.

Im definitely addicted.

alba
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 6:41 pm

i used to be addicted to coffee, now can't drink it at all. but i still love the flavor like coffee icecream, etc.

Maddkow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Dec 2008, 6:49 pm

I hate coffee, unless it's a cappuccino or espresso. If I drink it in the morning, it makes my stomach upset and give me indigestion. Afternoon, just indigestion. I prefer black tea (with milk and honey), or a chai tea latte.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 6:58 pm

Coffee only helps me if I am also getting enough sleep.

On a 20 oz cup of coffee, I am more alert, I have an increase in physical tension; I become calmer because I feel more in control; and my planning and attention control become more efficient.

If I drink coffee when I haven't gotten enough sleep, I may simply feel tired and go to sleep; or I may end up getting the physical tension increase and end up feeling irritable.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 9:13 pm

I don't drink coffee that often, or any other thing with much caffiene in it, for that matter. It messes with other medical disorders I have...but when I have a cup, it usually has more cream in it than it does coffee :wink: I feel extremely strange, I don't get hyper or anything, but more dizzy and almost like I'm in a different world... :?

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 10:28 pm

In college when I purposely drank coffee to stay up for an all-nighter to write a paper, I ended up feeling sleepy while drinking the first cup, and it wasn't even real late at night!

Am much more a tea drinker, unless the coffee's flavored. But now that I'm working as a contractor and am around a whole bunch of MANLY MEN (yes, in CAPS thank you very much, because that emphasizes what they're like, and btw, I'm a woman ... ) ... I end up making the coffee because if I don't one of the guys will add billions of scoops of caffeine to a single drop of water ... Ugh, toooo strong for my blood! 8O :lol:

~~ the phoenix

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 11:10 pm

I have never been able to drink coffee. It's way too strong for me. I do drink either cocoa or cola, but need to be careful because the caffeine (especially on an empty stomach) can make me pretty edgy. In general, I do better if I stay away from all caffeine, but I need it as long as I'm on welfare because it's an appetite suppressant - keeps my food bills down.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Dec 2008, 11:25 pm

Coffee itself makes me sick to my stomach. Even the smell of it.

Caffeine, however, is an entirely different story. I use caffeine (I've got a pretty serious Coke habit) to control my physical tics and some of my less comfortable anxieties. It also keeps me thinking a little straighter. My brain doesn't function very well when it's not freebasing caffeine. I'm a pretty grouchy camper without it.

grinningcat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Dec 2008, 10:31 am

I limit my coffee intake. I find more than a little revs me up too much(especially when talking), I can't sleep, I start feeling very irritable and am short tempered, my thought processes are disrupted, and my hands shake. I drink one real cup of coffee a week (at the end of the week, so I can recover over the weekend), but decaf, really really diluted coffee (1/4 of a cup, plus 3/4 of hot water) ,tea or water the rest of the week.

I remember one classmate of mine who shouldn't have been allowed coffee. He had almost acted high on it, was disruptive in class, and we tried to bribe his ride into town NOT to stop at any place that served coffee. What was even worse was he would "crash" after awhile, and then he would get mad at us for making "too much noise" - almost like a hangover. It was a very interesting reaction, to say the least.

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2008, 10:35 am

I use to abuse alot of amphetamine when i was younger.
It makes you paranoid and then you start feeling like your got bugs crawling under your skin when coming off it.
Not good. I am not a coffee drinker. I like Tea.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2008, 10:58 am

I drink two cups in the morning to feel that I wake up, but it might be just a habit. I bring an one liter termos with me to work, and I allways drink at least half a liter in the evening. That's about two liters a day, and I usually sleep like a log. I drink it because I like it, and the only effect on me, is that I pee a lot. A doctor said to me that I had to be immune to caffeine, if I drank that much and still had no problem sleeping at night.