Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 7:46 pm

As they are major foundations of my religios beliefs. If people cant accept or understand..well too bad.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 7:59 pm

you're a follower of pythagoras?

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:01 pm

Hey dont knock it.

Just becase there or rules for govening mater and energy, and they are understandable, doasnt make it any less of a relgiouse expiernce, instead it is awe inspiring

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:05 pm

Eggman wrote:
Hey dont knock it.

Just becase there or rules for govening mater and energy, and they are understandable, doasnt make it any less of a relgiouse expiernce, instead it is awe inspiring

not knocking it. being a musician, i have an appreciation for how pythagoras's ideas work (resonance, the folding of frequencies on each other). just don't consider a religion so much as a constant work toward understanding everything.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:09 pm

Eggman wrote:
Hey dont knock it.

So you find it a positive experience and the universe awe inspiring? That's great so do I.

By why are you calling it a "religious experience"? Whats religious about it? Why do people attribute good experiences to religion but not bad ones?

Wouldn't having your life crash down around you in a series of the most unlikely coincidences be an awe inspiring religious experience too?

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:13 pm

Maybe he means spiritual experience which can mean anything to anyone :?:

You know, kinda like your own higher power, his happens to be math and science.

Mine happens to be botany.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:21 pm

I guess thats why I realte to Dr. Lawrence Fleinhardt from Numb3rs

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:28 pm

Fraya wrote:
Wouldn't having your life crash down around you in a series of the most unlikely coincidences be an awe inspiring religious experience too?

wasn't for me...

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:31 pm

Fraya wrote:
Eggman wrote:
Hey dont knock it.

So you find it a positive experience and the universe awe inspiring? That's great so do I.

By why are you calling it a "religious experience"? Whats religious about it? Why do people attribute good experiences to religion but not bad ones?

this is a difference between the awsomeness of the math behind the universe and bad luck...though both do enjoy random numbers

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:32 pm

Eggman wrote:
Fraya wrote:
Eggman wrote:
Hey dont knock it.

this is a difference between the awsomeness of the math behind the universe and bad luck...though both do enjoy random numbers

nothing is random when looked at with a big enough microscope. big not necessarily indicating physically big.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:37 pm

Aww string theary and evertyhing is connect. There is a beaty in that which can connect both the large and the small.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:44 pm

Eggman wrote:
Aww string theary and evertyhing is connect. There is a beaty in that which can connect both the large and the small.

i thought string theory ran into a roadbump...they're back on track with that one?

it's a nice idea.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:49 pm

The die hard fans cling to it. Egen in scince there are peole who cstick to their guns...sometimes it pays off, sometimes its esier then to admit you were wrong...thiugh even if its false, it shows one way the universe isnot organized....

The process of eliminations...sometimes the only way to go.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 9:08 pm

The only glitch with superstring and M theory is they are based on a 10 and 11 dimensional construct. We are three dimensional beings, unable to ever see in 10 or 11 dimensions. If mathematics proves them to be true, we will still never be able to truly see it for ourselves. One might as well believe in God.

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 10:47 pm

claire333 wrote:
The only glitch with superstring and M theory is they are based on a 10 and 11 dimensional construct. We are three dimensional beings, unable to ever see in 10 or 11 dimensions. If mathematics proves them to be true, we will still never be able to truly see it for ourselves. One might as well believe in God.

http://xkcd.com/171/

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 10:54 pm

^ :D