Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

paolo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 8:20 am

Anguish and fear paralyze decisions. So you try to escape in dependence from others. You don’t ask for advice in a straight way. That would be the worst. And then ask whom? there is no one in your acquaintances whom you really trust. They don’t know your internal state of affairs, your bubble-self which only can motivate your decisions. You would receive conventional wisdom. You talk obliquely of your problems, and receive uncommittal answers, totally devoid of meaning for you.

mixtapebooty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2009, 2:11 pm

I've progressed into the state of productive argument with people. I seem to be angry at people when I am making progress with myself on my own.
It's hard to word advice questions with more than an over generalized tone.

alba
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 8:36 pm

i rarely ask for advice even when i need it.

mixtapebooty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2009, 5:31 am

alba wrote:
i rarely ask for advice even when i need it.

I never know who to, how to, or when to.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 3:10 am

Yes, indecisiveness does feel paralysing. It's a horrible feeling, like being trapped in concrete! If I can't decide about something I usually ask other peoples' advice (that's a bit confusing as I then get conflicting views but at least that way I may get options that I've not considered) but in the end I go with my gut feelings about something. My 'gut' decisions are usually better than my head ones, if there's a conflict between them.
Little decisions can tie me up for weeks, strangely, whereas big ones seem to come easier.

odd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Location: Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane, Canberra, Cairns, Melbourne, Townsville - who knows?

23 Jan 2009, 12:10 am

Last edited by odd on 25 Jan 2009, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 2:51 pm

I'm not sure if I'm indecisive or not, I can't make up my mind on that one. :wink:

Duppy
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jan 2009, 7:31 pm

I was once told that I suffer from "paralysis by analysis", which I think is a perfect description. I sometimes find it hard to decide because I extensively consider both options and their outcomes, to the point where each option seems equally appealing and unappealing. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut feeling, if you're lucky enough to have such a thing.

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2009, 5:29 am

odd wrote:

Quote:
I'll mull over something for a little, but at the end of the day, I'll do a mental coin toss. This has made me popular in the cold dark world because its inhabitants think I'm a proactive, decisive go-getter.

Just don't ever ask me to justify any decision I've made then and there - I'll need an hour or so to come up with one that fits the situation and the choice. Seems to have worked for me so far. I tend to learn from mistakes

i let my gut make all my decisions, despite my knowledge of other more thought full solutions that make far more sense.

In the end I have done everything wrong, but i learned more than any other way, and can do it better next time. In the meantime how do i explain my motorcycle in the garage to my wife? (Metaphor).

If I am fooled by my own way, I must try to learn how and why.