Pileated woodpecker

24 Mar 2009, 11:53 am

Quambalopamania- to swat a fly in Nigeria

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 1:00 pm

Emotism (n):
1. The tendency to speak or write of one's own emotions and feelings excessively and/or boastfully.
2. An inflated sense of importance of one's own emotions, and/or the opposite sense of the emotions and feelings of others.

Emotist (n):
One who exhibits emotism (a.k.a., "Emo").

"After reading just one page of emotism-laden freeverse poetry, I feel emotionally drained."

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2009, 5:24 am

Blaphiny - a moment of inspiration caused by reading somoene elses blog in which something which appeared to be epic was read therein.

Balphoney - What you feel five minutes later when you realise that Blaphiny you just has was a stupid idea.

Blaphunny - That stupid idea being a but of jokes by your clasmates when you told them about your Balphoney.

Neurological Emotional Disorder (NED) - What a Neurotypical displays in their common thought processes. Ruled by emotions which make no logical sense. Disconnected emotional processes holding value as if it was grounded in logic in a delusional state of mind.

Persuasive Illogical Nonsense Spectum (PINS) - The common thought processes of Neurotypicals when using emotion in the place of logic. A delay of logic development. Someone displaying PINS behavior sets others as if they are walking on pins and needles.

Perception Irrelevant Sociological Spectrum (PISS) - the inability of an individual to be able to percieve themselves seperate from other people. A codependent addictive behavior of Neurotypicals that value themselves in other peoples worth. Inability to function socially seperate from a group setting for long periods of time.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Mar 2009, 8:47 am

gorched (meaning scorched)

I didn't make up this word myself, but a janitor where I work used this term when a circuit breaker burned up recently.

Reenix
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Mar 2009, 4:34 am

Wonkoid - a purple ant that lives on Jupiter, plotting to destroy the world with an atomic bomb. When it fails to do so, it drowns itself in a pool the shape and size of an Orange top-up card, and is reincarnated as Tony Blair's left ear.

Credit given to my friend James who spent an entire French lesson coming up with that.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2009, 8:50 am

ramifychosis: the inability to arrive at a summary, and the tendency to perpetually split ideas into subdivisions.

trogloditory: the flavor of assessment of my statements by people who live in "attitude holes" that they think is natural.

roddite: someone who thinks with his phallus.

vulvoraciousness : the temperament of a lady who is primarily driven by sexual urges.

budgerigarrulous: the nature of a persistently talkative birdbrain.

storkified: the feeling of a very affronted person in the moments before they gather their response to a serious insult.

blandtangulous: the nature of some teenage conversations that make their bored lives look twisted and mysterious.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2009, 3:40 pm

stupiquerrous (adj.): Desperately trying to think of something funny.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2023, 2:55 am

*Blatant Necro-Bump*

Mockbuster Video (n):
A film created to exploit the publicity of another major movie with a similar title or subject.

Examples: Spaceballs, Star Crash, and any Star Wars movies made after episode VI.

Credit for this neo-logism goes to Phillip M Jackson, creator of "Sequential Art".  Strip #1231 shown below.

Copyright © 2023 Phillip M Jackson

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.