Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 3:35 am

I woke up at 1am with my head throbbing, I hunted around and realized I was out of my favorite NSAID, so i instead turned to nyquil as a back up since it has acetopminophen in it which also works well to kill my overload migranes.

Anyways, based upon the information on the label, I poured myself a dose to get to required amount of acetopminophen that works for me and I swallowed it down, shaking and shuddering as that nasty syurp slid it's was down my throat.

An hour later

HOLY CRIPES!!

Talk about a buzz!! My god, this even beat shotgunning cigarettes!, and it's not the alcohol in it either that's doing it. This has a totally different feeling to it.

I feel like I'm having an out of body experience. Physically I feel I'm one place, but mentally I feel like I'm in another place. This is really bizzare and I don't like it at all.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 3:56 am

that wasnt a bad reaction, that was you getting high off the dxm and pseudoephederine. And how do i know this? Because i drink cough syrup occasionally recreationally for exactly that effect.

The having s**t tons of energy is the pseudoephederine, also you'll notice being happier, mood lift, being excited about things, also restlessness, and other related speed like qualities.

The feeling of your body drifting and not being where you think it is supposed to be is the dxm. DXM is a disassociative. Good pain killer. Will also make things look far away, or close up, make things look really big or tiny. Not really a hallucination, but it messes with perception. Things will feel the wrong thickness in your hand.

Also, important s**t here - If you have a small amount sex and masturbation is possible, however if you have too much, you will not be able to orgasm, and you may not be able to get an erection.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 6:06 am

Intriguing... :: makes note of that for future reference ::

psych
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 6:23 am

^^ Careful you get the correct brand - in the UK theres several DXM sources available - one has other stuff in that you dont want too much off. If the thought of taking Ketamine or PCP (angel dust) horrifies you then stay away from DXM - they are all dissociatives.

Pseudoephedrine is available on its own in pills (decongestant) - i thought it was banned in the states -or was that just traditional ephedrine?

Last edited by psych on 02 Jan 2006, 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

DrGonzo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2006, 6:24 am

I've been using nyquil on my cold this week, and it definitely give me a nice hangover after knocking me out.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 6:40 am

Pseudo ephederine is available OTC, but they are moving it to behind the counter and you need to ask for it. I suggest you use cough syrup with DXM, pseudo ephederine, and guiafenisen in it. So it should say, controls cough, helps with sinuses, and loosens phlegm.

Now the draw backs are - pseudo is hard on your heart. And just like speed you will have a WEEEEEE then a .......so restless..... but cant fall asleep.....
DXM will frickazee your brain if you use too much. This includes short term memory loss, concussion like symptoms, also if you use it enough it will cause what im going to call residual open eye hallucinations. Seems like things are moving when they arent. 900 mg is the standard "you are used to the drug now" full blown DXM high.(might be less if you are tiny)

Guaifenisen is totally damn harmless. In large doeses it acts a muscle relaxant which i think takes the edge off the pseudo.

After you take it you will be wired for 7-10 hours then crash. And later your digestive system will regall you with stories about how it forgot how to produce solid waste. Also drinking cough syrup regularly will destroy your stomach.

Avoid drugs with high acetominophin, liver damage. On the other hand it is interesting the only affect of the acet is: s**t that should hurt, doesnt hurt, or not nearly enough. It is noticable with a full bottle of nyquil, it is nifty.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 7:13 am

How much do you drink in one shot nomaken to get high?

I drank 45ml of nyquil to get 1500mg of acetopminophen into my system to kill my migraine, which is the equivalent of 6 tablets of tylenol, which is the most I've taken in one shot.

I won't do anymore than that though, I want to keep my liver in tact as possible. :)

I laid down in bed and closed my eyes to try and fall back asleep and I could swear I was having hallucinations as I was seeing things, coherent things with my eyes closed.

I slept about two hours and I am back up now, I can still feel it.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 2:58 pm

Tylenol (aka acetaminophen) can cause liver failure if too much is taken. The problem is that it doesn't take much to cause liver damage, especially if mixed with alcohol.
NEVER take more than 1000 mg of Tylenol (heed the instructions on the bottle)
and
NEVER take Tylenol with alcohol.

New livers are hard to find.

Here's a great website re DXM, another substance that can kill you:
http://www.coricidin.org/

Kids, do be careful :D

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 3:05 pm

DXM itself is dangerous too.
My experience as a crisis clinician leads me to avoid all use of DXM. I have met some people who aren't ever coming back from their trips. These people were in their mid-teens.
Here is a website with complete, unbiased information about DXM:

http://www.third-plateau.org/faq/dxm_faq.shtml

their mission is to inform, not take sides, though some contributors do express opinions.
be informed before you do anything.

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 8:47 pm

i use robitussin, not nyquil, it is usually acetaminophin free. Also what you were experiancing is called closed-eye hallucinations, ^_^ figure that out. I don't really get closed-eye hallucinations, so i didn't mention it. I drink like half a bottle of some maximum strength robitussin, which is equal to about 700 mg of dxm. If you just want the speedy effects all you need is pseudo, if all you want are the disassociative effects you CAN take robitussin which only "controls cough"

I actually drink robitussin to get high like once every couple of weeks. You may be interested to know DXM has stages in its high called plateaus. There are 4 of them, and each level is slightly different. I go for first plateau, but i have tried up to the 3rd.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm.shtml

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 9:20 pm

the 15 year old i saw that never came down completely was high for five hours before i saw him and for the 4 hours it took to place him in a psychiatric hospital...

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

rearden
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jan 2006, 9:25 pm

I used DXM a few times because I liked the weird thought patterns and closed-eye hallucinations. But after the 3rd or 4th time that all went away, and all I got out of it was the drunk, nauseous feeling and 2 days of diaharrea. Even after I didn't touch the stuff for 4 months and then did a bottle and a half of Max Strength Robitussin, I still didn't get any of the good effects. I guess the effects are diminished since I know what to expect.. So no more DXM for me, it's not worthwhile anymore.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 7:49 am

Reading the FAQ, I can say I easily got enough DXM to hit the "first plateau".

The closed eye hallucinations were fun to watch, like clouds rapidly moving across the sky right at sunset when everything is orange. And having music on too, "Benny and the Jets" never sounded more beautiful to me.

But the rest I didn't care for too much. I tried to type up my original post in a disassocitive mode and it took me nearly 30 minutes to do it.

I also didn't like the feeling of having my limbs in one place, but having them feel like there in another place. I couldn't walk for crap, I nearly fell down the stairs.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 11:26 am

I can sometimes have really stong fever dreams on cough syrup, but it's NOT fun at all. I think it's also usually part of being sick as much as the actual meds I took.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 3:55 am

I can tell that my closed eye hallucinatons are memories i have.