other (please specify by responding with a post) 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
other (please specify by responding with a post) 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 140

Lurker_Extraordinaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2006, 6:12 am

Green. Look brown from didstance.
Bright green when there's alcohol in my system.

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 7:41 am

Naman wrote:
QuirkyCarla wrote:
Interesting...one of the aspie tests asks you if you have brown eyes...that seems to imply that most aspies have brown eyes...so far the majority of voters in this poll voted blue though...then again, the larger amount of people who vote, the closer you get to an answer, and not a lot of people have voted so far...I don't see how eye color could be related to AS though...

Anyway, I voted that I have blue eyes...the weird thing about my eyes is one of them is pure blue, while the other is a darker blue and has a little bit of gold/brown around the pupil...occasionally people will ask me if I have two different colored eyes, or if I have one blue eye and one green eye...most of the time the don't notice though...

Actually, it could have been asking if your eyes are brown because most aspies _don't_ have brown eyes. Lots of tests pull stuff like that. :P

Hmmm, that could be true as well...

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 9:45 am

Dark blue, with a thin ring of light green and then a second thin ring of light brown in the middle. It's amazing how many colors some people have in their eyes when you start looking that closely at them.

montjuic
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jan 2006, 9:56 am

This is me looking left and right!

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 12:06 pm

QuirkyCarla wrote:
Interesting...one of the aspie tests asks you if you have brown eyes...that seems to imply that most aspies have brown eyes...so far the majority of voters in this poll voted blue though...then again, the larger amount of people who vote, the closer you get to an answer, and not a lot of people have voted so far...I don't see how eye color could be related to AS though...

I was thinking of that, too, when I read this thread. I've never heard of any relation to eye color and autism, since autism seems to be in about equal occurance rates throughout the world.

Besides, there's more people with brown eyes (at least in the US I think) than blue.

Brown = pigment
Blue = lack of pigment
All other colors in between = variation in amounts of pigment

:D :D :D

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 1:28 pm

Brown. I thought a circle in the brown parts was black but everyone said it was a darker brown or something.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 5:26 pm

Brown, a little green when in the sunlight sometimes.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 6:56 pm

I have brown eyes.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 7:00 pm

grey-green, with gold flecks. ranging from charcoal when i'm in a good *cough* mood (use your imagination), to emerald when i'm really angry. and they flash green sparks (and this is according to two independent and reliable witnesses - i've never seen it) when i'm furious.

actually, i quite like my eyes... :lol:

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2006, 8:49 pm

mine are blue, but a more darker color. so i would have to say that my eyes are a more navy blue color.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

04 Jan 2006, 9:34 pm

Blue-grayish.

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 1:22 am

Sophist wrote:
QuirkyCarla wrote:

I was thinking of that, too, when I read this thread. I've never heard of any relation to eye color and autism, since autism seems to be in about equal occurance rates throughout the world.

Besides, there's more people with brown eyes (at least in the US I think) than blue.

Brown = pigment
Blue = lack of pigment

Wow, I never knew that about the pigments...I thought it was just a genetic thing...

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 12:21 pm

QuirkyCarla wrote:
Sophist wrote:
QuirkyCarla wrote:

Brown = pigment
Blue = lack of pigment

Wow, I never knew that about the pigments...I thought it was just a genetic thing...

Well, it's a genetic thing, too. They like to teach that brown eyes are strictly dominant while blue eyes are recessive. So there's less chance usually to get blue eyes. But it's not as cut and dry because everyone has varying degrees of brown pigment. Even people here in the US with blue eyes tend to have some brown pigment, because certainly people in more of the Scandinavian countries have much purer blue eyes than most blues in the US.

But it's definitely genetic and somewhat similar to the dominant/recessive setup.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Kiss_my_AS
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2006, 5:37 pm

Like my hair: actually brown, but they seem black.

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 11:29 pm

Sophist wrote:
QuirkyCarla wrote:
Sophist wrote:
QuirkyCarla wrote:

Brown = pigment
Blue = lack of pigment

Well, it's a genetic thing, too. They like to teach that brown eyes are strictly dominant while blue eyes are recessive. So there's less chance usually to get blue eyes. But it's not as cut and dry because everyone has varying degrees of brown pigment. Even people here in the US with blue eyes tend to have some brown pigment, because certainly people in more of the Scandinavian countries have much purer blue eyes than most blues in the US.

But it's definitely genetic and somewhat similar to the dominant/recessive setup.

Ah, I see.

Hunter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2006, 1:30 am

Dark Brown.