grey 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
other (please specify by responding with a post) 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
other (please specify by responding with a post) 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 140

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 10:31 pm

I want to see something...no pun intended...

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 11:02 pm

The outer ring is green and the inner ring is brown. Sometimes my eyes look almost totally brown and other times almost totally olive green. I think my mood might be a factor in that.

pad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 11:03 pm

Mines are brown.

Last edited by pad on 02 Jan 2006, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 11:31 pm

Dark green. REALLY dark green. Don't know how rare that is, but I haven't seen anyone else with that shade. Mom's green eyes are much lighter.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 11:43 pm

Blue

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 1:19 am

I used to say brown, but maybe hazel is more accurate.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 1:57 am

mine are green and hazel and like most other people, they change colour (when I'm angry, they go brown so WATCH OUT!)

Naman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2006, 4:28 am

Greenish grey with a ring at the center not unlike rust.

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2006, 6:19 am

Usually they are a greenish blue, but when I am angry they turn grey

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 9:54 am

Your eye color doesn't change with your moods, sorry. At best it's an optical illusion, related to the colors in your environment (even your clothes), but normally it's just changes in light reflection. The only things that really change about your eyes that's mood-related is that your capillaries in the eye may expand or constrict, which may have some effect on how the colored part of your iris reflects light, but that would be very little. Most percieved changes in eye color are actually due to changes of the type, amount and brightness of light that reaches the eye and is reflected off the iris. For example, narrowing on the eyelids and lowering/furrowing of the brow, like when someone's very angry, decreases the amount of light that can hit the eye, and therefore can change the appearence of the color of the iris. Likewise, the same eye color may look quite different is yellowish, artifical light as opposed to full-spectrum sunlight. The more variated your iris is - the more different specks of color that are present - the more "chanageable" your eye color may appaer. Hence why people with green and hazel eye are usually the ones saying their eye color changes, since these are often composite colors resulting from many different speckles of different colors and shades of black, white, brown, green, gold, blue and/or grey.

I've always liked my eye color. I voted blue, since most people percieve them as blue, even though they're really blue-grey. They have a near-black outer rim, that blends to grey, then to blue and then to white around the pupil. They're pretty cool.

Mork
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jan 2006, 1:11 pm

Mine are blue-grey

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 1:50 pm

Blue. And small. I have small eyes.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 1:55 am

Interesting...one of the aspie tests asks you if you have brown eyes...that seems to imply that most aspies have brown eyes...so far the majority of voters in this poll voted blue though...then again, the larger amount of people who vote, the closer you get to an answer, and not a lot of people have voted so far...I don't see how eye color could be related to AS though...

Anyway, I voted that I have blue eyes...the weird thing about my eyes is one of them is pure blue, while the other is a darker blue and has a little bit of gold/brown around the pupil...occasionally people will ask me if I have two different colored eyes, or if I have one blue eye and one green eye...most of the time the don't notice though...

SuXEed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2006, 5:05 am

Personally I have very dark brown eyes, which is ok since my hair is dark brunette too. Uh, what else can I say? XD

Naman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jan 2006, 5:05 am

QuirkyCarla wrote:
Interesting...one of the aspie tests asks you if you have brown eyes...that seems to imply that most aspies have brown eyes...so far the majority of voters in this poll voted blue though...then again, the larger amount of people who vote, the closer you get to an answer, and not a lot of people have voted so far...I don't see how eye color could be related to AS though...

Anyway, I voted that I have blue eyes...the weird thing about my eyes is one of them is pure blue, while the other is a darker blue and has a little bit of gold/brown around the pupil...occasionally people will ask me if I have two different colored eyes, or if I have one blue eye and one green eye...most of the time the don't notice though...

Actually, it could have been asking if your eyes are brown because most aspies _don't_ have brown eyes. Lots of tests pull stuff like that. :P

Lurker_Extraordinaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2006, 6:12 am

Green. Look brown from didstance.
Bright green when there's alcohol in my system.