Heh. I'm Even Antisocial in a Fight

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 11:49 am

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testi ... 9760878591

Halberd
You preferred a weapon with 32% power over speed and 47% range over melee.
You use a Halberd.
Possibly the most versatile polearm ever made, the Halberd is an elegant mix of spear and staff, remaining relatively light while having an effective cutting edge and stabbing point. Your enemies will never get near you; your personal space will be as unreachable as a faraway land.

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 1:50 pm

Shotgun
You preferred a weapon with 54% power over speed and 74% range over melee.
You use a Shotgun. While not the fastest gun in the west, a shotgun's raw power and ease of use make it an extremely potent weapon. Some shotguns can also be loaded with many different types of ammunition, providing a versatility many guns don't have. Choosing your shots, you fell your opponents immediately and without pause.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 6:49 pm

Machinegun

You preferred a weapon with 34% power over speed and 85% range over melee.

You use a Machinegun. Phenomenal range and rate of fire more than make up for the lack of mobility that a full machinegun warrant. Though a machinegun lacks the punch of heavier artillery, it is still an exceedingly potent infantry weapon and can fire continuously for a long time. Your enemies will run for cover as you pepper the landscape with bullets.

dddgggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppptttttttttt

I far, far prefer hiding behind the bigger people, actually. However, it may not always work at saving my life...

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 9:32 pm

I use a Greatsword (though I honestly doubt I can lift one. I've tried :oops: ).

Quote:
Do the words Zweihander or Flamberge mean anything to you? You prefer a Greatsword, a massive, heavy blade frequently strong enough to cut down the rides of mounted warriors. Though slow, the impressive length and heft of a greatsword makes it capable even of breaking through armor. Your enemies will run from the deadly arcs of your blade as you bear down on them.

You scored higher than 83% on power
You scored higher than 43% on range

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

hermit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2006, 12:01 am

Quote:
You preferred a weapon with 29% power over speed and 58% range over melee.
You use a Desert Eagle.

One of the most powerful handguns in production, the Desert Eagle is a heavy punch in a small package. Its reliability and speed are remarkable for a gun with such high caliber. Your enemies won't stand a chance as you fell them bullet by bullet.

Hmm... I was hoping for something esoteric like a crossbow. If I had to join an army I'd be a sniper... this is assuming a combat position, otherwise I'd say cook, then my weapon would be a cleaver.

Throwing knives, that's it!

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 12:12 am

Greatsword
You preferred a weapon with 63% power over speed and 49% range over melee.
You use a Greatsword.

Do the words Zweihander or Flamberge mean anything to you? You prefer a Greatsword, a massive, heavy blade frequently strong enough to cut down the rides of mounted warriors. Though slow, the impressive length and heft of a greatsword makes it capable even of breaking through armor. Your enemies will run from the deadly arcs of your blade as you bear down on them.

06xrs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2006, 8:57 am

Shotgun
You preferred a weapon with 72% power over speed and 72% range over melee.
You use a Shotgun. While not the fastest gun in the west, a shotgun's raw power and ease of use make it an extremely potent weapon. Some shotguns can also be loaded with many different types of ammunition, providing a versatility many guns don't have. Choosing your shots, you fell your opponents immediately and without pause.

Sounds about right. It is my home defense weapon of choice. I also like my .357 revolver. More power, reliability, and accuracy than most autoloaders. Less recoil than a .44 so quicker follw-up shot if necessary (not usually).
Cost also figures in. For the money, I like lever action rifles. Light and manuverable, accurate within reasonable range, high power, and fairly high rate of fire. There's also a .308 caliber version of the AK action that goes by various names. That would be kind of cool.
Or how about the Browning BAR. Kind of heavy, but full-auto 30-06. YIKES! Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that.
Did I mention that guns are one of my obsessions?

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 6:19 pm

A person is especialliy antisocial when he or she fights:

DSM-IV-TR wrote:
Individuals with this Cluster B Personality Disorder in their actions regularly disregard and violate the rights of others. These behaviors may be aggressive or destructive and may involve breaking laws or rules, deceit or theft.
Diagnostic criteria for 301.7 Antisocial Personality Disorder

A. There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three (or more) of the following:
  • failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
  • deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
  • impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
  • irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
  • reckless disregard for safety of self or others
  • consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
  • lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another
B. The individual is at least age 18 years.

C. There is evidence of Conduct Disorder with onset before age 15 years.

D. The occurrence of antisocial behavior is not exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia or a Manic Episode.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 8:10 pm

Pepper spray.