American Captain freed by Navy snipers and navy Seals.

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 7:52 pm

Score: three dead Somali Pirates. One captured and in American hands. One American prisoner freed and safe. Power and righteousness come from the barrel of a gun.

ruveyn

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 9:58 pm

The Somali pirates have never killed a hostage. I don't think they've ever hurt one. All they're doing is robbing the insurance companies.

The insurance companies have been forcing me to buy their shoddy product ever since I've owned a car. They've forced me to pay them I don't know how many thousands of dollars.

I don't get any health care at all because the insurance companies run the US health care system.

Then their executives gamble with my money, making dumb bets, betting that a financial bubble will go on forever. Then when they gamble away all my money and they bankrupt their own companies, their friends in the government use my tax money to bail out their companies and write the dumbshit insurance company gamblers personal checks for millions of dollars to reward their performance.

Personally, I like the pirates better.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 12:10 am

CanyonWind wrote:
The Somali pirates have never killed a hostage. I don't think they've ever hurt one. All they're doing is robbing the insurance companies.

Wrong. They pointed a gun at one of our people and bound him hand and foot. For that they should die! And what do you know? They did die. Some of the pirates vowed revenge. Things are going to get very interesting soon if they keep their promise. Think of Mogideshu as a smoking slag heap.

History has repeated itself or somewhat repeated itself:

See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_Wars

The first time around we used Algerians as gunnery targets. This time is is Somalis.

ruveyn

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

13 Apr 2009, 1:39 am

ruveyn wrote:
CanyonWind wrote:

Wrong. They pointed a gun at one of our people and bound him hand and foot. For that they should die! And what do you know? They did die. Some of the pirates vowed revenge. Things are going to get very interesting soon if they keep their promise. Think of Mogideshu as a smoking slag heap.

History has repeated itself or somewhat repeated itself:

See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_Wars

The first time around we used Algerians as gunnery targets. This time is is Somalis.

ruveyn
Damn right. Kill them all.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 3:08 am

No doubt the boat got shot full of holes.

Gives the term "Insurance Company Bailout" a whole new meaning.

-Malvina

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 6:00 am

CanyonWind wrote:
No doubt the boat got shot full of holes.

Gives the term "Insurance Company Bailout" a whole new meaning.

Wrong. Three shots. Three kills. That is our best snipers at work. The only thing that got holes as the skulls of three Somali Pirates. No doubt their brains flew out in a gory spray. But the boat was intact and our countryman suffered no further harm. The Seals came in, unbound him and took him to safety. Remember the sniper motto: One shot, one kill.

This is the best operation since the Israelis did Entebbe in 1975 and the Iraqi atomic reactor in 1981. Maybe we are as tough as the Israelis.

ruveyn

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 6:23 am

It was some pretty good shooting. I was even more impressed before I read that the range was "80 to 100 feet."

-Malvina

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2009, 11:57 am

ruveyn wrote:
Score: three dead Somali Pirates. One captured and in American hands. One American prisoner freed and safe. Power and righteousness come from the barrel of a gun.

ruveyn

haha what nonsense. You filter reality like some patriotic video game? :lmao:

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2009, 12:01 pm

velodog wrote:
Damn right. Kill them all.

What an ignorant pile of sh*t comment. I guess, it's always easier when the NAZIs out themselves for what they are.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 12:09 pm

Concenik wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

haha what nonsense. You filter reality like some patriotic video game?

No. I just pay attention to facts. There is nothing more real than three skulls blasted to mush by high power rifle bullets. The exit wounds must have been horrendous.

ruveyn

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 12:49 pm

Hang on a minute. A US Navy destroyer, two other navy warships, and a SEAL team against three guys in a lifeboat with AK-47's?

Doesn't sound much like Entebbe to me.

-Malvina

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 12:56 pm

ruveyn wrote:
The exit wounds must have been horrendous.

I doubt there was anything recognisable left of their heads, ruveyn. But that minor diversion aside, although I expect pirates will keep away from ships sailing under the US flag, I wouldn't like to be a US citizen on a merchant ship sailing under another flag. It seems likely those pirate chaps will just summarily execute any US citizens in future. That will show they mean business and so persuade other governments with an interest to not use force and to do their best to keep the US Navy away. So, although it may have satisfactorily resolved one situation, it's also endangered the lives of many more of your citizens.

ruveyn wrote:

Well, seeing how Brown and Obama are best buddies, perhaps your forces could visit us here in the UK -- we've got Somalis coming out of the woodwork, and from out of the back of every-other lorry inbound from mainland Europe.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 1:15 pm

I got a great idea. We can invade Somalia, overthrow the government, and put somebody in power who does what we say and call it democracy. It worked great in Iraq and Afghanistan. Simple easy solution.

Oh wait, that wouldn't work. Somalia doesn't have a government.

We could bomb Mogadishu into rubble, but from the pictures I've seen of Mogadishu, nobody would notice.

I guess we could just kill everybody in Somalia. I don't know what percentage of the population are pirates, but I don't think it's too high. While we're at it, we could get rid of the Mafia by killing all the Italians.

Of course there's the Russian Mafia, and the Chinese Triads, so we'll have to kill all the Russians and Chinese too.

Don't forget the Japanese, that organized crime outfit with all the tattoos, we'll have to kill everybody who's Japanese.

There used to be an Irish Mafia, you don't hear much about them these days, but we better kill all the Irish people too, just to be sure.

Yup, we gotta make the world safe for the decent people.

-Malvina

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 1:26 pm

CanyonWind wrote:
...Yup, we gotta make the world safe for the decent people.

God bless America!

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 1:59 pm

CanyonWind wrote:

No, they're kidnappers. And that's a pretty serious crime. Somali pirates have kidnapped ships carrying humanitarian aid; they're also stealing from the famished. It's not implausible that people have died because they had to wait for the pirates to release those ships.
The pirates knew what they were getting into, and the one that surrendered, his life was spared. Frankly, if it's four goons on a lifeboat without fuel surrounded by the US Navy, it's pretty stupid not to surrender.

CanyonWind wrote:
I got a great idea. We can invade Somalia, overthrow the government, and put somebody in power who does what we say and call it democracy. It worked great in Iraq and Afghanistan. Simple easy solution.

Somalia, like Afghanistan, is probably inherently ungovernable, but taking out the docks and ships would probably work, though, and no ground forces required. You can't have pirates without ships and usable ports. Force has a long history of working against pirates; paying ransom just creates more piracy.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 2:31 pm

Being serious just for a moment. It seems like the problem is entirely tactical.

Okay, you can't just have pirates going around seizing ships and collecting ransoms.

The problem in this case is that there's such a large area of ocean to cover.

Considering the Somali pirate's level of technology, it doesn't take a ship like a destroyer to run them off. A fifty caliber could out range their AK-47's and RPG's and tear a wooden boat to pieces. Any missile could also take out a pirate boat.

It seems to me that we could build at least hundreds of small anti-pirate boats for the cost of one destroyer. Converted civilian boats would probably work.

Basically just guard dogs for the civilian shipping. You don't need a tyrannosaurus to chase away a burglar.

-Malvina