Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Apr 2009, 10:09 am

Dussel wrote:
That's a healthy start for the day:Image

Except that I usually have a big glass of apple juice and water or a herb-tea first thing, and it's a rollie rather than a pre-rolled cigarette, that is my breakfast, and I love it, especially at a café terrace in the sunshine! :D

Cereals been out since I went gluten-free, ( even cornflakes and rice krispies have wheat-based malt in them ), and even when I did eat it them, it was almost never for breakfast. Yoghurt with cornflakes, and coco-pops, :D was good tho!

Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 11:25 am

ouinon wrote:
Dussel wrote:
That's a healthy start for the day:Image

Except that I usually have a big glass of apple juice and water or a herb-tea first thing, and it's a rollie rather than a pre-rolled cigarette, that is my breakfast, and I love it, especially at a café terrace in the sunshine! :D

Cereals been out since I went gluten-free, ( even cornflakes and rice krispies have wheat-based malt in them ), and even when I did eat it them, it was almost never for breakfast. Yoghurt with cornflakes, and coco-pops, :D was good tho!

you might be able to eat puffed brown rice...maybe?

In the UK you can get it at Sainsbury's I think, but if you don't life there, you might have luck finding puffed rice at a health food store.
It's actually quite good, and it's just that, puffed rice, nothing else added to it.
They might have puffed millet as well (which I think doesn't contain any gluten either).
Though you'd have to check if the product was made in an environment where wheat is handled etc.

I think for gluten free cereal, your best bet would be to check out the local health food store...
at least over here, they have a ton of gluten free stuff.

To answer the question:
These days I hardly eat any cereal but mostly because I don't like the sugar content, and I don't like sugary stuff so much anymore.
I wish they'd make a savory cold breakfast cereal.

I love homemade almond/cherry/spelt granola though, especially with soy yogurt (mixed with some agave nectar and vanilla extract)
And organic puffed rice, which sadly, I can't find over here.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 4:58 pm

I try to avoid breakfast. I find that if I don't eat breakfast I don't get hungry for the rest of the day but if I do eat breakfast I can't seem to feel full. Weird. If I must eat cereal I practicaly drown it to make it soft. I perfer to sallow things whole because I seem to not know how to chew.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 6:07 pm

As a general rule, I don't, but most of it has to do with the excessive amount of calories in cereal. Also, I'm a little lactose intolerant, so I don't really need the milk.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 6:14 pm

Another way to keep cereal from getting as soggy is to eat it with less milk, filling the bowl 1/4 full of milk instead of 3/4.

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2009, 6:14 pm

I dont know why but i dont have it for breakfast but i enjoy having it for supper at about 2am in the morning.

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2009, 10:30 pm

i dont really like milk thats my problem.
but my sister got me into reeses puff and i will eat those but nothing else.