Fired today; making The Haven my home :(

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 5:13 am

Greentea wrote:
Merle, in the last 3 years I was fired from 3 very good, semi-career jobs. None of my colleagues were fired in any of the three companies. I was a very rare exception. So they had to despise me exceptionally much to fire me, in all 3. I was either fired or pushed to leave from almost all jobs I had before that too. In this last job, I had been alert and doing everything as perfectly as I could all the time. I can't think of ONE reason why they so wanted rid of me. The big boss told me today that he'd been wanting to fire me for many months, and I know it's true. I posted a thread about a year ago where I said I thought they were firing me. I was right, he confirmed it today.

Same with friends, out of the blue they'll decide to cut contact and never tell me why.

Same with my family - one day 6 years ago they all got together and decided to get rid of me. No reasons given. I have no family of any kind.

Why does everyone need rid of me so badly?

We don't. I'm sure I speak as one of many people on the forum who feel the exact opposite.

I understand, friends used to do that to me too. Twice in my life, I've had my best closest friend (of that particular time), turn around one day and, completely out of the blue, tell me they hate me.

Recently had another friendship group suddenly cut contact with me, and I have no idea why. But whatever, I'm used to it and I keep friendship groups in reserve (call me callous, but I try to get into as many friendship groups as I can - improves my chances).

It sucks. And it sucks that you lost your job. Have you ever considered working for yourself? I think it might be the best option for people like us - that way our income relies solely on our individual talent and skills, and not NT politics.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 5:42 pm

So sorry Greentea & pakled too. I would imagine being fired, or otherwise 'terminated' (whatever that means) would be horrendous compared to just merely being laid off where the situation is not selective, as in your boss/supervisor CHOSE to 'let you go.'

Just the financial stress, revamping your lifestyle, redoing a resume, etc. The unfortunate reality: When fired (or equivalent) then this makes getting a new job that much harder.

But, have you considered getting accommodations, or equivalent? Greentea, I know you're not an American but there must be a similar type agency (like ADA in USA) - maybe this service can at least give you a chance! Seems as if you have been badly misjudged - I'm so sorry. You seem such a conscientious caring person - I'm certain this is painfully hard.

But, like some others wrote, try to not take this personally - some companies really don't care but just operate by protocol. I bet you'll find a place that appreciates YOU, and your talents - not their office politics.

pakled: That sucks. Hope you get that straightened out soon enough. Amercian economy is rough but you'll make it - for both of you (Greentea & pakled) - all of Wrong Planet likes you both - a lot!

millie
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 11:17 pm

I know i have offered support elsewhere on WP, Greentea.
but just want to let you know that you are a great WP contributor and echo Zeichner's post in this thread.