Life Isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance i

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Joshandspot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 May 2009, 7:46 pm

"Life Isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"

My parents just left me that message on my bed because they know that I've been having some trouble lately trying to figure everything out all at once after graduating college. A lot has been going on all at once lately and it's been a little rough and I understand my parents (who aren't aspie) are trying to make me feel better with that quote but I keep wondering if they really understand me and how my mind works. Like isn't a whole part of aspergers not seeing the forest for the trees and doesn't a line like that give a good example of it. They want me to stop analyzing and searching for answers and start living and enjoying life but isn't a major aspect of aspergers the analysis of what we're not understanding....especially when dealing with a major change such as graduating college, working a job i'm not enjoying, and some other things on top of that. Just wondering.

mikemmlj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2009, 2:20 pm

It sounds like your parents love you very much. And it is good advice. Are you just graduating this spring? I would hope you take just a few days off to yourself to decide what it is you want to do now, you have accomplished a major goal, congratulations and good job.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 4:17 pm

They sound like wonderful parents. But you're right - Aspies need to analyze things to death in order to understand what your parents can just flow with mindlessly, safely leaving it to their intuition to take care of things. Just tell them this simply and gently.