Fight with my best friend :(

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 2:11 am

All I did was say, I quote: "I don't want to be the one to say this, but you're only 14 and you've been dating her for four days. No need to get carried away, ok?" (this was on emails, btw)

He replied and told me it was his business, not mine, and also something else that made me shout, "Cheeky bastard!" at the computer screen. I wanted to reply, "If it's your business, why do I have to hear every tiny thing about your relationship?" But I didn't - with great self-restraint, I replied, "I know, I know, I'm just saying, is all. I'm sorry if I annoyed you." He said ok, and I apologised a few more times just to make sure he meant it and wasn't still being short with me. He said he did mean it, cos it would be pointless screwing up our friendship because of a silly disagreement. Then I had to go to bed because this was gone midnight. But I still hardly slept.

I didn't expect him to get defensive and act like such a grade-1 jerk about it! He never once spoke to me like that before he met her. He's changed in the last four days. And he didn't apologise for what he said to me, in fact when I said, "And dude. Cheap shot," he asked why I was continuing the argument. I fail to see why I should have apologised over 9000 times, actually - I was trying to help him see that he was acting a bit silly, that's all. The fact that he's such a good friend 99 times out of a hundred is the only thing that kept me from telling him where to go, TBH.

Honesty is NOT the best policy. I should have kept on lying about my feelings like I have been for the past five days. I suspected that if I did say something, everything would be fine and I'd be worrying for nothing. But no. I guess even aspies don't want to hear the truth sometimes.

y es como un semestre"

Last edited by gina-ghettoprincess on 07 May 2009, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 10:52 am

honesty is the best way, just dont expect most people to aggree, just because they SAY they aggree. and yes, most people, even aspies, will get all carried away if confronted w too much truth.

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 6:30 pm

You'll be fine. I have had a few fights with my best friends but they will usually forgive. Just always be honest and stay out of trouble and your fine and respect boundaries.