Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2009, 9:24 pm

What age do you need to be to live on your own? My parents have just pushed to far, I'm tired of this whole " you live in my house crap"! EmWhat should I consider on a discision like this? I have no job, so I would need to get gov funding until I started to work ( I'm 15), I just have had it with all the little things!

Albert Einstein

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 9:38 pm

Oh, yeah, the "it's MY house" thing. It drove me bats. I especially liked the fact that when my folks wanted to push me around it was THEIR house, but when they wanted me to do something it was my house too, and I should care about it.

I got us into family therapy and actually called my mother on that.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 10:09 pm

Are you at school? If you are, whatever you do don't drop out of school so that you can move out of home. Best advice I can give you is to suck it up at least until you finish school; that way you'll have better prospects of getting a higher paying job in the future.

androol
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2009, 11:23 pm

I lived with my parents until time for college. Then my mom moved with me... I'm somewhat parasitic :lol: Btw, I don't drive. I can barely drive a bicycle.

I need someone to give me food, do my laundry, shop for me.

Everyone is different - different personalities, situations, and parents. If you really want to be more independent, let your parents know when you've finished high school. You'll come up with a plan that's right for you and your parents.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 12:53 am

Try to keep on good terms with mum and dad, it may be in your best interests to stay at home until you can go off to university.

I would advise you if you are up to it to go to university, move out then and after university try to get a profession which allows you the money which you need to rent or buy a place of your own. This is just one way of getting out of your parents house.

I think that you need to think long and hard about how and when you are going to leave your parent's house, do not do anything rash like running away to live under a railway bridge or on a park bench.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.