Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

krystalleyes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 May 2009, 8:10 am

This is pure self indulgent I-am-feeling-sorry-for-myself stuff but I am hoping taking it off my chest and plonking it on here might help :wink:

My birthday yesterday - no big deal, went to work as usual (on my own in my friend's shop in Glastonbury) nice sunny day, got a card and present...on the way home decided to stop at a favourite spot and have a walk with my dog...nice, bluebell wood...got back to the car and some lowlife had smashed the window and taken my purse with all my cash, phone, specs, asthma and heart meds, diary, birthday card and present and 3 books my friend had lent me and I was really enjoying (Twilight series).

Reported it to the police, they can't do anything, managed to borrow a phone and report mine stolen which means they wipe the sim card and I lose everything - including a video of my beloved dog I lost last year - car insurance excess more than the value of what was stolen, so not worth a claim, glass cover will cost me £70 to replace window...so now I have no money, no phone, and I am stressed to hell and not thinking even slightly straight...

Thank you world. I thought I had been through complete hell in the last 12 months anyway, but this just topped it off...

Out of interest I suspect this kind of crime may be a lot less likely (to be perpetrated I mean) by people with AS? Or is that not the case?

I have wished an early and violent karma to descend on the worse than pond life offenders :twisted:

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 8:49 am

Karma, don't worry. It is the balance of the world. You lost your precious belongings this other person who committed the crime was forced to do this since his life is not as stable and well as yours, if it makes you any happier this person might starve to death on the street, freeze to death or killed. + he has probably nothing that reminds him of nothing good in this life, trust me he feels more sadness than you. Be happy you don't have to break car windows and steal stuff to eat.

Crap happens, happy birthday.

:::)

mikemmlj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2009, 2:17 pm

Sorry to hear about that. I agree with you that aspies are less likely to do these kinds of things. I think we are less capable of thinking deceptively/dishonestly/ oh let's just say it, we are less capable of evil than NT's are.

krystalleyes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 May 2009, 5:54 am

SoulcakeDuck, if I thought that were the case I wouldn't mind so much - these people have far more money etc than I do, I saw them and their flashy car but stupidly didn't register what they were up to. Gang of bored kids.

I live in a squat on my own, no bank account, live hand to mouth - my only expense and lifeline is my phone and 15 year old car, I do what bits of work I can to survive as I won't go through the hoops to claim benefits.

And yes I probably am better off than them because I have honesty and integrity and am happy with small things - I have many blessings in my life, my dog, music, two real friends...but their action was pure malice, not need.

I have lived on the streets and I always still give what I can to those who do. At least I have a roof over my head now.
When I don't have enough money for food I get what I can from the local market when they throw stuff away.

But yeah, you are right, crap happens, it's not personal, and thank you :)

mikemmlj, I agree...

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2009, 6:27 am

Best way to store stuff in the car, shove it in the boot, and have nothing else in the car visible to any passers-by or such. Of course, it does help that you have a parcel shelf as well.

krystalleyes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 May 2009, 9:36 am

I know, I know...brain fade...I just suddenly decided to stop and walk in the woods and up the hill, beautiful evening...because I hadn't planned it, organisation flew out of the window...plus I was tired which always lowers my IQ considerably :wink:
I had the back seat forward and some other stuff in there too, my purse etc was in the bottom of a bag of books - not even a handbag. It was all they took though.
I am kicking myself - I am usually quite careful! Ah well...