Page 4 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 11:38 am

I am not trans-gendered, but I do feel somewhat genderless, my sex is female of course but my gender as in the way I act or dress is non-existent. So one day I could dress girly and the next boyish and I fit both pretty well.
I am mostly straight but get girl crushes sometimes.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2009, 8:06 am

Sort of as above, just my sex is male. Haven't progressed so far on puberty that there'd be no way I could ever look like I'm a girl.

I can tolerate it most of the time. Others, I really want to be a girl. If I could be both and decide on the day that would be ace 8)

As for my orientation... bisexual and asexual? Not interested in sex, but I'll date either. Whoevers the opposite gender to what I am that day. :lol:

About the link with Autism... social ostracisation? Being more open? Less able to suppress feelings? Being told that you have a male brain? A way of thinking that is sort of both mixed? Lot's of ways it could be linked.

Last edited by Magneto on 19 Jun 2009, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2009, 8:09 am

Magneto wrote:
As for my orientation... bisexual and asexual? Not interested in sex, but I'll date either. Whoevers the opposite gender to what I am that day. :lol:

In that case, biromantic would be a better label than bisexual.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2009, 8:15 am

Yes, thought so.

It's only within the past few centuries that being biromatic has been seen as weird. It used to be an accepted part of human culture, called romantic friendship. I mean, girls do that stuff all the time :P (Not all of them, I know, before someone bites my non-existent avatars head off).

RoisinDubh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2009, 9:04 am

I'm a very over-the-top-girly-looking girl with what's been called a 'butch' personality. I was a party-dress-wearing tomboy as a kid, and well....kinda still am. It's just yet another area where I am a walking contradiction, and when it confuses people....well, I just love it! :D

So far as orientation goes, I'm very bi, and then some. In general, I like both my males and females androgynous, though there are exceptions to the rule, just not many. I'm also massively attracted to pre-op or no-op FTMs....esentially males with female genitals....and to a slightly lesser degree, but still very much there, male-to-female trannys with their original parts. Come to think of it, I think the appropriate term for me would be 'pansexual'.

AnAutisticMind
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jun 2009, 9:19 am

Padium wrote:
So, after reading online a bit, I have seen a number of articles that relate sexual and gender issues to autism. I myself am transexual, and recently joined an lgbt site, which is roughly 75% transexuals. Interesting to note is that the majority of the people on that site were also on the autistic spectrum (around 60%). So, now I'm curious: How many people here would be what society views as different when it comes to gender and sexuality?

hi pad, in all of my research on autism, it is a clear fact that there is a way higher incidence of homosexuality than in the general population

i never found out a percent because i never specificaly researched that topic.....but it comes up now and then, and since i love autistic research, you betcha i'll let you know, lol

i never came across transgender or bisexual info, but again, i'll let you know

for the record:straight male here, never even went for a visit on the other side, lol

it seems all i see on tv anymore is the advertising of girl on girl sexual relations (which is ok by me, heheheh)...............so are a lot of girls naturally bisexual???.or is it they just want to get their rocks off without the higher risk of std's in heterosexual sex, or pregnancy?????.is the quality of men got that low??, lol

girls???

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2009, 9:21 am

timeisdead wrote:
Inner thoughts are not synonymous with outward facts. I don't subscribe to the beliefs of modern sociology; I prefer objective biology. The sexual morphology of an individual is determined by the chromosomes. Different genders have differing reproductive organs and differing bone structure as well. For example, women have a different pelvic bone structure in order to facilitate the birthing process.

Not really. The biggest determining factor is the phenotypic expression of genes, not the genes themselves. It's actually the presence, absence, and amount of androgens which determines the various aspects of sexual dimorphism. And there are different stages as well, ones which separately determine internal sexual dimorphism (prostate versus uterus), outer sexual dimorphism (penis versus vulva), and finally neurological dimorphism, where higher androgen levels will trigger higher estrogen levels in the embryo/foetus which in turn stimulates "male typical" neuron sets, preventing them from going through apoptosis. And the thing about androgens is it's not an all-or-nothing set of events; levels can vary, which can create a spectrum of genders across human populations. And then of course environment and learning play additional large roles. It wouldn't happen if it weren't for the genes of course, but then the genes are not the end-all and must trigger androgen production at key points during embryogenesis and foetal development.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2009, 9:39 am

For my own personal history, I'm definitely atypical, although my gender and sexuality have always been areas of confusion for me, ones in which I've fluctuated quite a bit. I've known at the very least I'm a tomboy, at times as extreme as downright butch. As early as age 3 I wanted to wear boys clothes and also wanted to have a male body, not a female one. I don't know what it was, it's not as though the penis is an especially attractive organ :lol: but from my earliest memories I'd wanted one; I wanted to be male.

By middle of grade school, I felt enough peer pressure to start conforming a bit more and switched to wearing more female-typical clothes for my age. Even though I wanted to be male though, I didn't find I had any sexual feelings for girls. By sophomore year of high school, I gave up conforming and went back to wearing guy's clothes (which wasn't too much of a problem since I attended a HS with uniforms, so my guyness was relegated to after school). During that time, I started realizing I had some attraction to women as well, not just guys. I had a good friend at the time who was lesbian, and so knowing her felt like I had the permission to consider such possibilities.

By the time I hit my early 20s, I concluded I was butch and lesbian (although the latter didn't settle quite as easily, but to be honest I'd never known a butch who was bi or straight, so I figured I was lesbian and just hadn't quite accepted it yet). I tried dating around, but my AS issues caused too many problems, so eventually I just figured I was butch and relegated myself to asexuality. --Not as in a true asexual, but as in someone who didn't have a particularly high sex drive, was utterly confused, and just wanted to take a break from the "dating" topic until which time I knew better what I really wanted.

By the time I hit my mid-20s, I finally accepted the fact that I was probably bi and that I was developing some serious feelings for a male friend of mine (who now happens to be my partner). Once I accepted that, even though I had some trans issues, I still had an attraction to guys, I felt much more comfortable. I started coming to terms with some of my more feminine aspects-- which I do have. Because in the past, with struggling with GID, any femininity I had was just a stick in my craw and so I tried to ignore them. Now, accepting that I just am who I am, I fully acknowledge my maleness and my femaleness and feel more at ease expressing them both, that I'm attracted to both men and women, and that I will always be different from most typical women (but then being an aspie, that's probably a given anyways, heh). I feel comfortable enough to enjoy wearing jeans and T's and reveling in my maleness, as well as wearing dresses (I had big issues with the latter for a long time).

The main trigger for me accepting myself as who I am, society aside, was actually sex. :lol: My attraction to my male friend made it more worthwhile to me to explore and express the femininity I'd hidden for such a long time. And feeling comfortable with him, being both my partner and best friend, I feel comfortable in showing my maleness too.

My gender, while atypical, has always fluctuated throughout my life. It's a very dynamic thing.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

AnAutisticMind
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jun 2009, 12:30 pm

wow soph, you are a very interesting person

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2009, 5:32 pm

AnAutisticMind wrote:
wow soph, you are a very interesting person

Oh, heh, thank you. :) I would've used the term "confused", but thank you for the compliment. ;)

SteveeVader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jun 2009, 7:01 pm

I am a guy but I am more feminine aspect because my feeling etc however sex does interest me at all to be honest in fact it kind of disgusts me because it is so primitive I possess a cold logic towards sex in which I care nothing for it because I don't really care for people especially NTs lol

DavidK
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2009, 8:22 pm

Straight male virgin here.

Loli-kun
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2010, 10:55 pm

Well until just the last few months I was fine being male and having a dominent female side but just recently I really begun wondering and just this week started trying to decide if I even see myself as male anymore. I'm attracted to women so if I'm not seeing myself as male but as female then I'm a lesbian as well which is fine with me. I'm just having trouble thinking this through. I'm going to have to take sometime to really think this over but for now I'm just me, a girly girl in a guys body.

My passions from a common spring.
(Excerpt From "Alone" By E.A. Poe)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 3:04 am

Padium wrote:
So, after reading online a bit, I have seen a number of articles that relate sexual and gender issues to autism. I myself am transexual, and recently joined an lgbt site, which is roughly 75% transexuals. Interesting to note is that the majority of the people on that site were also on the autistic spectrum (around 60%). So, now I'm curious: How many people here would be what society views as different when it comes to gender and sexuality?

I feel like my sexuality is very different even though I'm straight. I tend to view men in the same way men view women....I think. I seem to be more attracted to effeminate men rather than the assertive, older, powerful type.

As for gender, I've always felt more like an entity than a gender. This however has always perplexed me since I have trouble in defining what is feminine and what is masculine. I usually rely on what is stereotypical among females such has makeup, hair, dressing up, emotional, chatty, subservient, and being attracted to money and power. I can't tell how accurate many of these stereotypes are since I know women who don't fit with the said above. I always had issues about my gender but not because I wanted to be a guy. I never felt feminine or girly. These issues made me self conscious throughout school. I felt like I was too masculine in the way I looked and behaved. But I wouldn't define myself as a tomboy per se just that I never felt like I could fit in or relate to many females. I also seem to get along better with guys than girls.

BoringAaron
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2010, 3:28 am

I would've liked to have been born female, but i wasn't. but it's ok, I like what I have now. I just think girls are better.
And for me it's not really much of a sexual thing, I just don't like what I see in how other guys behave, and I don't want to associate myself with it. But I am a guy, and shouldn't hide from that.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 5:50 am

AnAutisticMind wrote:
hi pad, in all of my research on autism, it is a clear fact that there is a way higher incidence of homosexuality than in the general population

No there isn't. I haven't found a single evidence of this, and I have researched this aspect, and basically ended up with no relation (or at least such a small relation that it could be a non-existant link). And this was done with 1,000s of participants, not some small sub-hundred sample of typical autism-research.

There are other aspects of sexuality/gender roles that shows much higher correlation to ASC, like the tendency for girls to be tomboys that many here describe. I leave the research of the actual sexual differences to others though, as I don't want to open this "can of worms".