Search found 197 matches
Search these results:

Author Message

 Forum: General Autism Discussion   Topic: self-righteous??

Posted: 20 Jun 2014, 8:03 am 

Replies: 15
Views: 784


I think it maybe means that other people don't feel like you are listening to them or that you value their opinions. If you say that you at least understand where they are coming from, even if you disagree, then they feel like you value them. If you fail to recognise their input then they feel like...

 Forum: General Autism Discussion   Topic: Is this an example of a social cognition problem?

Posted: 19 Jun 2014, 9:40 pm 

Replies: 30
Views: 1,258


I hardly ever go to the doctor, I mean have only been a handful of times in the last 15+ years so I'm not really familiar with how they do things these days. I didn't know they expect you to pay first now before you see the doctor. I just remember all the times I was growing up, that you paid after...

 Forum: General Autism Discussion   Topic: Do you have a hard time translating thoughts into words?

Posted: 19 Jun 2014, 9:23 pm 

Replies: 21
Views: 53,556


If I'm talking about something I love and adore: NO. I am difficult to shut up. If I'm (being forced to) talk about my emotions: YES!! most definitely. I have a very stunted ability to express how I'm feeling at any given time. I'm "good," "sad," "happy," "disappointed," etc. The next question is in...

 Forum: General Autism Discussion   Topic: self-righteous??

Posted: 19 Jun 2014, 9:10 pm 

Replies: 15
Views: 784


I honestly am not sure why it was said. I'm not that great at how other's perceive me (in person and online) though there may be something to it, because I don't have friends. That being said, I don't know how to start friendships either. That process is a foreign language to me. As far as the conve...

 Forum: General Autism Discussion   Topic: Getting diagnosed

Posted: 19 Jun 2014, 8:31 pm 

Replies: 9
Views: 355


Any suggestions as to how to go about finding someone who deals with adults? I'm bad enough at initiating contact with people and the couple of times I've managed it I've ended up talking to people who deal with kids. Where are you? I am lucky that I live in Massachusetts and that there are tons of...

 Forum: General Autism Discussion   Topic: I don't sleep.

 Post subject: Re: I don't sleep.
Posted: 19 Jun 2014, 3:03 pm 

Replies: 16
Views: 907


I very rarely sleep more than a few hours a day. For instance I got in around 7:30 this morning and fell exhausted into bed around 8 am (I work third shift.) I woke up before 1pm, less than 5 hours. And I was exhausted. I will very rarely sleep a full day, but that is usually when I've run myself i...

 Forum: General Autism Discussion   Topic: self-righteous??

 Post subject: self-righteous??
Posted: 19 Jun 2014, 2:47 pm 

Replies: 15
Views: 784


So, I was called "self-righteous" by a person on a pro-team related forum that I frequent. For one, I'm not really sure why they said that, because I don't genuinely think I'm better than anyone else. But for some reason (I don't even know the person) it's really hurtful to be called such a derogato...

 Forum: General Autism Discussion   Topic: Flirting: OK...now I'm REALLY confused....

Posted: 16 Jun 2014, 12:13 am 

Replies: 27
Views: 1,468


I'd call them ignorant backwater yokels but that would be kind of rude of me. They remind me of the American Trailer Trash culture but much much dumber and probably more inbred. Wow, didn't know that was possible, because we're 'merica! #1 at everything. I'm clueless when it comes to flirting. Even...

 Forum: General Autism Discussion   Topic: are you well liked

Posted: 15 Jun 2014, 10:59 pm 

Replies: 45
Views: 2,457


billiscool wrote:
Again this is for ASD'er who have less than 15 partners.
for me:I've had 6 ''partners''(only 2 were sexual :(...
rest were kissing and romantic partner.

I could Add 1 more.


15 partners? In one lifetime?!

 Forum: General Autism Discussion   Topic: Resources for Aspies

Posted: 12 Jun 2014, 6:46 pm 

Replies: 8
Views: 580


I can relate. Went to High School in 80-85. ' Had to be the worst years of my life. Wouldn't relive it for all the money in the world. In a way I envy you, because my entire education from K-12 and initially college were an absolute nightmare. I'd love to be a kid again and not have the worries tha...

 Forum: General Autism Discussion   Topic: Looking For Biographies

Posted: 10 Jun 2014, 7:23 pm 

Replies: 4
Views: 523


B19 wrote:
"Look Me In the Eye" may interest you.


I enjoyed his book "Be Different."

 Forum: General Autism Discussion   Topic: Are you interested in other people?

Posted: 10 Jun 2014, 7:11 pm 

Replies: 34
Views: 1,631


As a note, originally I intended to read a biography about every US president. However, I got distracted once I learned about Autism/Aspergers. And this (learning about Autism/Aspergers) has occupied all of my reading time since. I can really relate to this. I have a very narrow amount of interests...

 Forum: General Autism Discussion   Topic: Your "feel-good" sensory objects?

Posted: 08 Jun 2014, 4:19 pm 

Replies: 36
Views: 1,657


Toy_Soldier wrote:
Thats an easy one. My dogs! The sensation of them curled up next to me when going to sleep or taking a nap is extremely comforting.


Me too! I love my dog. I also love corduroy pants (I wear them regularly because nothing else beats their comfort) and rubbing/twirling my hair.

 Forum: Adult Autism Issues   Topic: Sex is boring for aspies?

 Post subject: Re: Laughable?
Posted: 08 Jun 2014, 8:46 am 

Replies: 162
Views: 3,603


MjrMajorMajor wrote:
perpetual_padawan wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
perpetual_padawan wrote:

If you'ds cookies involved in sex?


If you're doing it right... :wink:


I don't really care for eating in bed.


To each their own. I'm a bit too old to enjoy the kitchen table personally... :lol:


I'm lost. Do you use TV tables or something?

 Forum: General Autism Discussion   Topic: How do you know when it all adds up to autism?

Posted: 07 Jun 2014, 10:36 pm 

Replies: 26
Views: 2,291


I was officially diagnosed with inattentive ADHD. But I think I also have: Irlen syndrome Sensory processing disorder Dyspraxia Aphasia Dysgraphia As a child I also had selective mutism, which still surfaces now but I can push through it and can usually make myself talk when I have to. My question ...
Sort by:  
Page 1 of 14 [ Search found 197 matches ]



Jump to: