Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Verwandlung
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Nov 2009, 9:44 am

Hi,

My keyboard is acting very strange today.
I can't use certain keys on it, when I type the letter A for example it automatically becomes A1 ,
Also the right "numeric part" doesn't work except the numbers 147....
I have tried replacing batteries and cleaning under certain keys.
I have never experienced anything like this before, if anyone knows anything about it , or has advice I would be very grateful.

computer: Vista x64 os
core i7 cpu
6gigddr3 ram
ati4890gpu
logitech s510 keyboard
logitech mx510 mouse

(typing this with "on screen keyboard")

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2009, 11:18 am

Wireless? have you moved a metallic object in between the computer and the keyboard? I had interference with my wireless keyboard because of a metal desk leg. Moving the USB transmitter solved my problem.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2009, 12:30 pm

6"gig" ? You could have written GB instead ;)

I would check to make sure the batteries are of good quality, same batch, if rechargeable, then make sure they are capable of a high mAh rating. 2000mAh seems to be the lowest I can find in the UK.

The other thing is the internals of the keyboard could be screwed, or shorting, giving a wrong scan code

Verwandlung
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Nov 2009, 1:00 pm

Keith wrote:
6"gig" ? You could have written GB instead ;)

I would check to make sure the batteries are of good quality, same batch, if rechargeable, then make sure they are capable of a high mAh rating. 2000mAh seems to be the lowest I can find in the UK.

The other thing is the internals of the keyboard could be screwed, or shorting, giving a wrong scan code

Thank you, I bought another brand of batteries and it seems to be working normal now.. :)