Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

"Digital Rights Management"(DRM) is related to:
Poll ended at 03 Dec 2009, 11:00 am
A new feature in Windows 7 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Human Rights through technology 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Being able to assert copyright in an easier way to your intellectual property 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Being restricted on how you can copy and share music, videos and other media with others 86%  86%  [ 18 ]
None of the above 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 21

one1ai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2009, 11:00 am

Hello,

I would like to add this 'technology terminology knowledge' poll(statistics).

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2009, 12:35 pm

Is this based on: "What I think DRM is" or "What I think DRM should be?" cos I voted on the former

one1ai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2009, 10:43 am

Keith wrote:
Is this based on: "What I think DRM is" or "What I think DRM should be?" cos I voted on the former

It is based on "What I think Digital Rights Management is". I think a different poll could be used for "What I think DRM is". DRM is an initialism (link). (I'm not very good at expressing myself, but I get better)

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 7:38 pm

Detrimental, Ridiculous Monopolies

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2009, 12:02 am

Make Mine Open Source...;)

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2009, 4:10 am

Can I get an OpenCola as well?

DRM sucks. Dont treat me like a thief.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2009, 3:11 pm

Fuzzy wrote:

I hate DVD's with all that crap at the beginning "You wouldn't steal a car... blah blah blah... don't pirate DVD's... blah... funding terrorists... blah... endangering the film industry... blah". And the annoying thing is I can't skip it. I've just got to sit there and be lectured at while the crap plays before I can watch the film that I've legitimately paid for. :evil:

CloudWalker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2009, 3:59 pm

The funny part is a real pirated copy probably had that part cut out for you.

Elfnote
Raven
Raven

08 Nov 2009, 7:44 pm

Its a removal of your rights as a consumer. It treats you like a criminal, and does nothing but promote piracy.

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2009, 9:05 pm

Next some corporate agency will burst through your door just because you're ripping it to your computer to load it onto your MP3 player.

one1ai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2009, 2:51 am

RaceDrv709 wrote:
to load it onto your MP3 player.

Digital music players are convenient, and they can play usually more formats than MP3. You can listen to music legally for example from jamendo.com. Most CC

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2009, 5:50 pm

i choose piratebay its fully legal since server is on sweden where piracy _IS legal :lol:

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2009, 7:35 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

I hate DVD's with all that crap at the beginning "You wouldn't steal a car... blah blah blah... don't pirate DVD's... blah... funding terrorists... blah... endangering the film industry... blah". And the annoying thing is I can't skip it. I've just got to sit there and be lectured at while the crap plays before I can watch the film that I've legitimately paid for. :evil:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALZZx1xmAzg[/youtube]

Sparx139
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Nov 2009, 4:20 am

Quote:
i choose piratebay its fully legal since server is on sweden where piracy _IS legal

Good luck getting that to hold up in court. It's legal for them to host the stuff (which they don't - they host the torrent file, not the copyrighted works. That's what kept them out of trouble for so long), but for you to download it? I'm not sure what the copyright laws are like in finland, but in Australia/USA/etc. it doesn't matter where the stuff is hosted. If you download it in Australia, then it's subject to Australian law.

Also, I think they're in Ukraine at at the moment.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2009, 10:31 am

Sparx139 wrote:
Quote:
i choose piratebay its fully legal since server is on sweden where piracy _IS legal

Good luck getting that to hold up in court. It's legal for them to host the stuff (which they don't - they host the torrent file, not the copyrighted works. That's what kept them out of trouble for so long), but for you to download it? I'm not sure what the copyright laws are like in finland, but in Australia/USA/etc. it doesn't matter where the stuff is hosted. If you download it in Australia, then it's subject to Australian law.

Also, I think they're in Ukraine at at the moment.
according to our fiew thats like if u visit in another country u are permided to follow its laws during download u basically stay in sweden as torrent is on swedens ground..anyway i dont care much polices etc aint indrested about that so we can download almost freely