Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 1:43 am

Hi folks I am using FF 3.5.7 on Karmic and for a while now it has been really twitchy regarding embedded video, this includes YouTube. When it does manage to play them it takes an age to load. For the time being I cut and paste the page into Opera. Any ideas?

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Maddino87
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2010, 2:10 am

I also run 3.5.7 and it's also being a b***h to load. I figured it was only the internet connection. And it's not only YouTube, it's pretty much any site w/ video. For me it'll stop loading shortly, then placing the marker further past where it stopped it does it again, then gets to the point of refusing to go any further and stops playing no matter how many times I refresh.
I can't even download them properly anymore since the downloading will do the exact same thing.

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 5:53 am

Do you use Adblock Plus? The same thing happens to me with Firefox (I use a different browser when I want to watch videos). I had assumed it was just Adblock Plus. Do you think it could just be Firefox in general?

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 3:55 pm

Nope, I am not using ad-block plus. This happened after 3.5 was updated.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 5:01 pm

I think it might be the Linux version of Flash giving you trouble. FF3.6 gives me no trouble with embedded video over on the Mac side, and my Flash videos are flaky in all my Linux browsers (Firefox, Epiphany (webkit-based), and Chrome).

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2010, 12:45 am

^ Embedded vids work fine with opera, so its not that, unless opera uses a different system?